F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Thinking of buying ZAINO; Have Questions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:50 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Interested in giving Zaino a try. I use & SWEAR by Durashine. Absolutely NOTHING i've ever used has ever come close to it's shine and easy of use. Water SHEETS off rather than BEAD so car dries in matter of minutes with NO water spots. Course, driving eventually adds bits of dust to the car and so I usually can just use a gentle stream of water and it's renewed back to before.

A person I know uses Durashine and then uses Meguiars Quik Detailer . It's a light spray you spray on and wipe dry. It REALLY reduces any dust forming around the car but it changes the water to BEAD... When this happens, it dries to ugly water spots..

Curiousity has gotten the best of me and so I am want to try Zaino. I am mainly curious as to it's effectiveness in the long run.

However, I have some questions that I would greatly appreciate answered before I spend this amount (close to $200 Canadian!!!!)

I'm in Canada, Vancouver BC to be exact.. (WETTEST place in Canada)

As a result, and hearing that Zaino BEADS, I was wondering if these nasty water spots will show up right after a rainfall even with ZAINO?? If this is the case, it would mean I paid $200+ Canadian for ZAINO, spent hours applying it.. only to have nasty water spots as soon as it rains and dries ;-( DURASHINE doesn't dry with beads and so there aren't any water spots.. But bits of dust attract.. So I wanted to test out ZAINO because of the HUGE, HUGE HYPE.. :-)

Here is what DURASHINE does with my car:

http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... 2_back.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... ersion.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... 92_top.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... _front.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... 2_hood.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... _front.jpg
http://www.camarosource.ca/new/new_layo ... k_side.jpg

As you can see, DURASHINE does not bad a job.. So you can see why all the questions.. $200+ for another car shine is alot to pay if it will be basically the same as what I have now. ;-)

So here are my questions:

1. How many coats would you say you need to put on before you really notice a difference between the "competition"?

2. Do ugly water spots appear every time it rains and dries? (Vancouver would be BAD in this case)

3. How often would you say you have to ZAINO the car once it's been ZAINO'd? Do you do the entire routine over again? or mainly Zaino Wash it (Z-6)... If so, how often?

4. Comparison: Z-10 "LEATHER IN A BOTTLE" TREATMENT AND CONDITIONER compared to the stuff I use "Armor All Leather Care Protectant " (Approx. $10Cdn) ? Is Zaino Z-10 really worth the extra $$ (Approx. $20Cdn) or is it basically the same as what I use? (In other words, "SAVE YOUR MONEY")

5. Comparison: Z-12 CLEAR-VIEW GLASS POLISH: What exactly is this? Like Windex to clean the windows?
Z-14 PLASTIC-MAGIC CLEANER & POLISH: Is this really WORTH. (Approx. $22Cdn) or is it basically the same as what I use? (In other words, "SAVE YOUR MONEY")

6. Comparison: Z-14 PLASTIC-MAGIC CLEANER & POLISH: compared to the stuff I use "Turtle Wax Black Chrome Cleaner/Sealant" (Approx. $10Cdn) ? Is Zaino Z-14 really worth the extra $$ (Approx. $22Cdn) or is it basically the same as what I use? (In other words, "SAVE YOUR MONEY")

7. Comparison: Z-16 PERFECT TIRE GLOSS: compared to the stuff I use "Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Shine" (Approx. $14Cdn) (This large 473ml. bottle will EASILY Last 3 years or more) ? Is Zaino Z-16 really worth the extra $$ (Approx. $22Cdn) or is it basically the same as what I use? (In other words, "SAVE YOUR MONEY"). I've used other products but I want a SHINY look to the tires.. but one that won't attract dust like a magnet.. Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Shine" is absolutely incredible.. the shine is amazing.. but it's sticky and attracts dust somewhat.. Is Z-16 a high gloss shine or a small slight clean look.. not much to speak of..?

8. ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive: This is very confusing for me.. I cannot seem to find the answer to this question.. You apply Zaino Z-1 and then ZFX? It says it speeds up drying.. how much faster? Does this mean you don't have to let Z-1 dry for like 24 hours?? This stuff costs $30+ Canadian and it's only 2ML?!?!?!? That like a BUCK A DRIP.. That is way beyond rediculous.. it's smaller than my free 3ml sample of contact lend cleaner..

9. #314 CUSTOM 4x5 POLISH APPLICATOR: What exactly is this, A terry cloth towel? Is this worth it or just a regular Terry Cloth tower (%100 cotton from USA)?

10. Anyone here have pictures of all there products? To see a visual representation of the actual size of each of the products..? (here in Canada, we don't use OZ. we use ML.).. I'm curious to know what the applicator looks like.

If all these products are worth it.. I would be paying $133US ($201Cdn) for all *11* products. (Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z10, Z12, Z16, Z18, ZFX, & #314)...

Thanks very much for all your replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:57 pm 
No Life

You asked the following questions?

1. How many coats would you say you need ...
I put 2 coats of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 and was very pleased with the results.

2. Do ugly water spots appear every time it rains and dries? ... I haven't noticed the water spots being particularly bad, but it does bead the water so it could happen.

3. How often would you say you have to ZAINO the car ....
I really can't answer that since I am a new user.

4. Comparison: Z-10 "LEATHER IN A BOTTLE" TREATMENT AND CONDITIONER compared to the stuff I use "Armor All Leather Care Protectant .... I can't tell you about the Leather in a bottle since mine just came in. I will tell you what two different upholstery shop owners have told me about Armor All. They said that they love the stuff because it brings them more business. They also said that they would never put it on anything they own. That was good enough for me.

5. Comparison: Z-12 CLEAR-VIEW GLASS POLISH: Don't Know.

6. Comparison: Z-14 PLASTIC-MAGIC CLEANER & POLISH: Don't know

7. Comparison: Z-16 PERFECT TIRE GLOSS: Not glossy, but I like it.

8. ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive: If you use the ZFX, you don't need the Z1. You mix the Z1 with the Z5 or Z2 and that makes it dry faster. That allows you to not have to wait 24 hours between coats. After the first coat with the ZFX, you don't have to use it for later coats if you can wait the 24 hours between coats.

9. #314 CUSTOM 4x5 POLISH APPLICATOR: In my opinion, it isn't worth the money. If you order enough, you will get a free one. Use it and decide if you want to order more.

10. Anyone here have pictures of all there products? No.

Bottom line, in my opinion, Zaino is worth the price. To make an even better point, when I first ordered it, my wife almost had a cow over the price. (I only ordered the ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, and Clay Bar.) After I did the Camaro, she wanted me to also do her 2000 Black Silverado. After she saw what they looked like, she ordered the next batch and ordered more than I did. She also ordered the leather cleaner and conditioner. That should say something about how good a job it does....

Hope this helps you out.

Post subject: packagine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:09 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

What kind of packaging was the zaino products put into? (Not the the bottles but the bottles themselves put into). Fancy cardboard box? Are there any printed instructions on how to use zaino, when to put what and what not to do? And printed tips on using zaino put in the packaging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:26 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Instructions are on the bottles ... actually, not too much to know, except don't use big amounts ... I've done my car at least 10-20x with both Z2 and Z5, and are hardly below 50% on either bottle ... you should use so little of it, that there will be hardly any visible film (not like regular wax ...)
Anyway, this stuff has done miracles ... I have to big scratches in the clear coat of my trunk lid, which are now hard to find if you don't know where and how to look ... also, things like dead flies are very easy to remove, even if they should for some unlikely coincidence be there for a week or more (yuck).

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:58 pm 
No Life

The bottles are in a plain cardboard box, but they do put some limited instructions in with them. For more detailed instructions, look on their website.

http://www.zainobros.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:53 pm 
Needs a Job

I use the Dura-wash myself on my Accord a few yrs back and loved the stuff. Definetly kept the car clean on rainy days driving. That and some secret sauce and the car is spotless even driving in the rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:50 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

If you go to the Zaino web-site, there's a lot of stuff on there about which ones to use, how to put it on etc.

Post subject: z7, mixing instructions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:37 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

How do you mix Z7? It is SUPER CONCENTRATED but what are the mixing instructions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:42 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I just use a capful for a bucket of water. It works great. What I like best is it's ability to be layered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:26 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Still waiting for zaino :-) Absolutely torcher having to wait.. :-)

Does anyone here have any pictures of the ZFX containers and the ZFX itself? Or can take pics of it?

I have all the pics of the rest but not that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:05 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I'll get a pic up, just as soon as I find it. It's really small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:34 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Put on Zaino.. Absolutely speachless!! DAMN

Questions:

#1. I applied the Z2/Z5/Z6 on my windows.. Is this ok? Left them absolutely CLEAR but perhaps it's not needed and to just use my Z12 (Clear-View Glass Polish)?

#2. I used only 1/2 oz. on the ENTIRE CAR with 1 coat (including windows) and only 1/4 oz. for my second coat (Including windows).. Did I use too LITTLE? I know it's less than 1 oz. per coat on a car but 1/4 - 1/2oz. sounds like I should have applied more per coat?

#3. Z12 Clear-View Glass Polish says to use on NON-COATED windows.. What's this mean? Aren't front Windshields coated for a bit of tint? Windshields always displace water off them but differently than on the back or front. I have NO aftermarket tinting on any of my windows.

#4. How many times would you say you have gotten use out of your Z18 Clay bars? I found it tended to break into little pieces by the time I was finished claying the entire car. Each clay bar, how many times did you do your car with it? Before you had to go to the second clay bar inside the container.

#5. Z6 says you can use it to polish plastic.. Can I use it to polish the plastic air induction box on my 5.7L TPI V8?

Thanks for your time,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:31 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
#1. I applied the Z2/Z5/Z6 on my windows.. Is this ok? Left them absolutely CLEAR but perhaps it's not needed and to just use my Z12 (Clear-View Glass Polish)?

On the glass? Never heard of that ... Not much you can do to glass to mess it up, so you don't really need to protect it ... probably doesn't hurt it though ...
Quote:
#2. I used only 1/2 oz. on the ENTIRE CAR with 1 coat (including windows) and only 1/4 oz. for my second coat (Including windows).. Did I use too LITTLE? I know it's less than 1 oz. per coat on a car but 1/4 - 1/2oz. sounds like I should have applied more per coat?

You should use pretty little per coat - if more than a haze builds, you should know that you will be wiping too much of the Zaino layer away ... remember, Zaino builds up over time, no like a wax which one application will remove the previous one ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:40 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I use it on my windows, too. It really makes the water bead off. :) I'm glad you like it. Anyone who tries it usually likes it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:15 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

You may or may not get on with this product. It's called Autoproud and you can see it on ww.autoproud.co.uk. It's less than £20 for the two products. I would unreservedly recommend the Restoration polish which is actually meant for removing other waxes before implementing the polymer spray but on windows, inside and out, it is unsurpassed. It beats Rainex by a country mile and used on house windows, your glass disappears. The spray I have more mixed views about. It's very quick, it doesn't leave white marks on your rubber and the result is very shiny but on my black car at certain angles, you get a shimmer, mainly on the bonnet and lower doors. Doesn't like hot surfaces. Picky but I am picky.
I also recommend Wonder Wax for a deep finish at £13.I recommend Wonder Tyres for a permannet black dressing to your sidewalls at £9 too.
I'm currently assessing a polish by Bosun (I think) which, used on top of the Autoproud stuff has really come up trumps on the shine. Good on hot surfaces too. Best so far I think but I am apt to change my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:16 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

You may or may not get on with this product. It's called Autoproud and you can see it on ww.autoproud.co.uk. It's less than £20 for the two products. I would unreservedly recommend the Restoration polish which is actually meant for removing other waxes before implementing the polymer spray but on windows, inside and out, it is unsurpassed. It beats Rainex by a country mile and used on house windows, your glass disappears. The spray I have more mixed views about. It's very quick, it doesn't leave white marks on your rubber and the result is very shiny but on my black car at certain angles, you get a shimmer, mainly on the bonnet and lower doors. Doesn't like hot surfaces. Picky but I am picky.
I also recommend Wonder Wax for a deep finish at £13.I recommend Wonder Tyres for a permannet black dressing to your sidewalls at £9 too.
I'm currently assessing a polish by Bosun (I think) which, used on top of the Autoproud stuff has really come up trumps on the shine. Good on hot surfaces too. Best so far I think but I am apt to change my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:16 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:32 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I don't doubt it, but after using Zaino, I don't have the need or desire to use anything else.. :)