F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:58 am 
Cool Newbie

you could also get the sebring silver, which is found on all the silver factory fbodies and sebrings, 300Ts, minivans etc. Its nothin special, just another option

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:51 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

I guess if I want something different I want something thats truly unique. Just something that noone else has and would be really different. The problem is that there are so many colors that would look great, but I have seen it on more and more cars.

The other option I am weighing is just some custom radical job...maybe something with several colors. Maybe several shades of silver or gray in some sort of design. Just gotta think of something that would look really good on that body design. I dont want anything that would look really tacky though (regardless of how bad some of you may have thought my mirror finish Chrome idea was).

Patrick

86 BMW 316-basic car, hey it was free!!!

97 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition 4X4-Black-400W Eclipse Amp-12" Eclipse Sub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:42 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I would love to see a car done in chrome, but like others have pointed out, it might not be safe for other drivers. How about chrome stripes (SS style) or a chrome fire chicken over silver? Just don't get carried away with chrome trim though (mirrors. flares, etc..) Just do want you want to do as long as you'll be happy with it. You don't want a car that you won't drive. Enjoy :!:

http://members.cardomain.com/dumaisk
http://community.webshots.com/album/113580439DwJndn/0
Yes, I'm a caraholic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:27 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

Oh yeah, I will drive it...as soon as I can get to it. Just missing it already..had no idea how much I would miss it til I get here and get on this board and get to talk about it so much. I have always loved my car, but it was always there for me...til now.

Anyway, I think I have deleted the idea of getting it Chromed...as cool as I think that would be, I think when someone said the idea of a rolling mirror down the road I realized just how unsafe that would be....hadnt thought about it from that perspective.

So, for now I am going to plan on keeping it the Gunmetal Gray Metal Flake that it is now unless I come up with another idea. I think with my hp and torque that I will need to sink the money into a tranny and Rear End!!!!!!

Those are my thoughts for now...anyone have any other ideas for painting it??

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:56 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

My mechanic who has been working on the Trans Am offered me a paint suggestion that I thought I would throw out here and see if anyone had any thoughts or ideas....you guys are all great for these thoughts of mine...

He suggested keeping it the Gunmetal Gray, but maybe painting flames on the front in either another shade of gray or perhaps (my thought) doing just that bit in the shiny chrome, not alot mind you, but very fine strips of that finish? I thought that had some possibilities...

Thoughts anyone??

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:09 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Chrome flames, why didn't I think of that? Love to see it.

http://members.cardomain.com/dumaisk
http://community.webshots.com/album/113580439DwJndn/0
Yes, I'm a caraholic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:27 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Audi do a very nice sport yellow but the problem with yellow is that the bodywork has to be perfect. I always fancied a black car with a bright signal yellow dorsal stripe or stripes.

You can't chrome the car becauise it would rust. you can buy a chrome paint for wheels but it's hard to spray and can go wrong and you just wouldn't wanna do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:41 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

My wife wants to do it GREEN!!! But I just dont see that happening unless I can visually see what shade she wants and really like it. I have decided against the Chrome...

Hadnt thought about yellow...but that raises some possibilities...with the Chrome flames that could be very nice....

Plenty of time to make that decision though...next project will be the rear end and tranny to handle the power of the engine...after that is the paint job. Maybe toward the end of the summer....

Patrick