F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: For Silas/TEK/SRZ/The Ghost...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:25 am 
 YIM  Profile

Made him wait a while for this vid, it's from January just before he deployed, figured you all would appreciate this as it's the fruits of many years of blood sweat and tears for him, will be dialed in when he gets back in a few months:)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Sila ... 647026.htm

Post subject: Re: For Silas/TEK/SRZ/The Ghost...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am 
No Life

Hey Trevor!

Sweet. I miss that sound. The new exhuast sounds good also.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:01 am 
 YIM  Profile

Nice Brian, how's the build going?

Yeah, all these years people give him "He said POOP", but I post it up and noone say's anything, yeah, that 4 inch exhuast is CRAZY, and the car is SICK.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 am 
Needs a Job

Trevor,

It is what it is. No biggie. Thanks for posting it! Wish there was a way to save it as I'm making a complete video of it for memories sake.

I finally figured out why it ran like crap that day too. Damn ignition box died. It was just running off the coil and it's the spark isn't hot enough to ignite the fuel. The plugs fouled out because of it. That F1 moves a lot of air. Only caught it by accident as I noticed the led on the box never cut on during diagnostic run w/ the key in the on position. That's why the AFR went to crap. Had nothing to do w/ the tune. It died right there in that shop. Sucked too as I wanted to cruise w/ you that day.

Brian,

Why haven't I heard from ya? I dropped you line twice since being deployed. I pee in your cheerios or something. :D

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:40 am 
 YIM  Profile

Good find Silas, did I tell you I blew a plug out and busted my COP up, one thing after another for me, getting her together, then clay bar, wax, pictures, and ebaying it. I will do my next one how you did your's, one step at a time, and no lines of credit, cash only build and honestly it will probably be for the Quarter and occasional drive to work.

Honestly, I hope mine is sold by the time you get back, but if it isn't, then we'll go for that road course action:)

Can't wait to see your beast running Right:) And that exhaust is sooo sick man, we'll get that hanger fixed as soon as you get done with your "private" time following the deployment:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 am 
No Life

SRZ wrote:
Brian,

Why haven't I heard from ya? I dropped you line twice since being deployed. I pee in your cheerios or something. :D

MMMmmmmmmm Cheerios.

No man. Sorry about that. I went back to the States for a month. I don't remember seeing your emails though. How much longer do you have on your deplyment?

The build is getting frustrating at this point. We are still waiting on the custom crank. He says I am first in line though :pat: I would have to look, but I think it has been paid since Oct! That means it will be 6 months before I get it. Rrrr. I am missing most of the fun this year waiting on the motor. Then I will have to install, tune and GET IT INSPECTED! I am really fighting the possibility of parting this thing out to get something going for my last year here.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:57 pm 
Needs a Job

Chevroletfreak wrote:
SRZ wrote:
Brian,

MMMmmmmmmm Cheerios.

No man. Sorry about that. I went back to the States for a month. I don't remember seeing your emails though. How much longer do you have on your deplyment?

The build is getting frustrating at this point. We are still waiting on the custom crank. He says I am first in line though :pat: I would have to look, but I think it has been paid since Oct! That means it will be 6 months before I get it. Rrrr. I am missing most of the fun this year waiting on the motor. Then I will have to install, tune and GET IT INSPECTED! I am really fighting the possibility of parting this thing out to get something going for my last year here.

Hope you had fun stateside. Business? Still waiting on a crank? God. You could've built your own by now. :D Hate waiting on people/things. Parting it out might not be a bad thing but can you break even?

I'll be home before the 4th of July. :)

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:28 pm 
No Life

SRZ wrote:
Parting it out might not be a bad thing but can you break even?

Not a chance. I have already paid for the motor so it is coming whether I need it or not now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 am 

Chevroletfreak wrote:
SRZ wrote:
Parting it out might not be a bad thing but can you break even?

Not a chance. I have already paid for the motor so it is coming whether I need it or not now.

How much longer till you get the new motor?