PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:02 am 
Headin' for a divorce

A vette is good . Manual or auto?
I am doing good, how about your self?

Post subject: Re: My 1,018 RWHP Corvette - Just got it this weekend
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:23 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

If that thing has those 4-digit HP, you better do something about the brakes quick ... them front rotors look like they came stock from a 4banger ...

Apart from that, congrats ... let us know some numbers when you get her on the track ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:44 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Yes, number and videos please. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Here are some of the messages that I traded back and forth with the previous owner. Ya gotta kinda read all of them to get the full picture. I've got a few folders of documentation that I need to start pouring through.

Quote:
did everything without much concern for how much it cost. Remote bottle opener, heater, WOT switch, automatic timing retard for spraying the car (in other words it will automatically pullout timing when you spray it so that you don't have to upload a new computer program to deal with the dope - this was revolutionary for C5's when we did it, it only existed for F-bodies at the time and you often had to give up the gauges being functional, the gauges in my car obviously work) .... but still being a legit street car (leather, CD, AC, power everything, etc...).

I wish I still had the time to take it out and enjoy it. Shame that I finished everything and then just ran out of time to enjoy the car. Hell, there's probably 80 grand in the car (or more, to be honest I don't even want to know ). Something like 26k-30k in the motor alone.

Quote:
Car also has electric cutouts which are operated by a switch in the cabin.

Quote:
Did I mention the brakes, rotors, pads, sway bars, etc?

all Z06 pieces, and new.

Quote:
it is slightly lowered but not "slammed". We took a full turn out of it but didn't cut the bumpers and all that nonsense.

Quote:
Most of the images and videos I have are in CT on a desktop there I think. There are probably several folks who have more pics of the car than I do on OT to be honest. In terms of receipts, hell just since late 06 I've probably got 20 grand in receipts, I think I still have the one for 17k from Jannetty that I'll send you if you want it. Many more since then. Everything on the car is basically new at this point.

The car is fine, hell you could drive it home if you wanted to (I'd get a trailer just like you are, but I'm just saying).

Quote:
Block, pistons, rods, crank, heads, valves, starter, alternator, radiator, transmission, rear end gears, half shafts, brakes, rotors, and much much more are all new and have less than 100 miles on them. Probably something like 50 miles in fact. "He said POOP" is brand new.

Transmission has been completely disassembled and cryo treated as has the rear end and half shafts and output shaft. The rods are oliver, pistons custom JE pieces, SCAT crank, T+D Shaft mount rockers (this is all the best "He said POOP" money can buy). Custom Direct Port nitrous system, plus an additional adjustable wet kit with bottle heater, remote opener, purge, window activation, WOT switch, etc .... it's all the best "He said POOP" money can buy. I've probably got 80k in the car and 30k+ in the motor alone.

Quote:
Nah, even with the bigger more radical cam it never made more than 575 at the wheels. Keep in mind that the motor was built specifically to take a 500+ shot of dope. In order to do that you need to really maximize the motors ability to excavate the cylinder heads. You wind up with a ton of duration on the exhaust side. A nitrous cam really won't let you max out the power on motor. There's sacrifices that you make when you want a motor to take that kind of dope. You wind up moving the rings down, really working on the exhaust ports and giving up some peak hp on motor.

I moved down to a smaller cam to make the car a little more driveable when we built the new motor so at this point it probably makes 530ish on motor (that's a pretty conservative number) and then whatever amount of dope you want to throw at it. I threw 500 at it (it's a dual stage kit with one custom direct port kit and wet kit). To make the 1013 number we threw 500 worth of dope into the motor (this was the last motor, I've never sprayed this one). Keep in mind that when you're adding 500 worth of nitrous at a motor you don't get a straight 1:1 on top of the power that the motor makes.

Suspension is all Z06 stuff, brakes are z06 stuff, slotted and drilled rotors, etc .... basically the best of everything that you could think of really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm 
No Life

Congrats.......did you buy it sight unseen and have it shipped over?

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:34 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Chevroletfreak wrote:
Congrats.......did you buy it sight unseen and have it shipped over?

BTW - I'd appreciate not cross posting that quoted info anywhere. That's only for FBody Europe guys.

I'm at FT Drum now. I've been following the car for years - like 6-8 years. I played cat and mouse with the owner for about the last year and a half. He finally came out with a real offer for price and I jumped on it.

I drove over to Conn. and bought it sight unseen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 am 
No Life

Sorry. I just did not know the story and was curious because I did the same thing, but had mine shipped over here.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm 

Congrats! Let us know how it drives.

1999 Formula Firehawk (stateside storage)
2007 Z4 M-Coupe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:11 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

What I just posted on a Corvette board:

Quote:
Hey All -

Just picked up my first vette. I don't know all the lingo but I'll try to give you enough information to get me pointed in the right direction.

'97 C5 M6 Cpe Z06 Brakes / Susp

Now the good stuff:

- Custom Direct Port nitrous system
- Adjustable Wet Kit
- Automatic timing retard for spraying (MSD, I think)
- Nitrous Purge
- Window Activation
- Remote bottle opener
- Bottle heater
- WOT switch
- Electric Cutouts

"Block, Custom JE Pistons, Oliver Rods, SCAT Crank, heads, valves, T+D Shaft Mount Rockers, starter, alternator, radiator"

Translation - The motor was built to take a big shot of the giggle juice - I *assume* an LS1 block and 243 Heads (verified).

"Transmission has been completely disassembled and cryo treated as has the rear end and half shafts and output shaft."

So - Where does that leave me? A car that hasn't been driven in the last 9 months and a retiscent previous owner that got burned out and is trying to forget how much money he has dumped into the car.

It's throwing codes and all the fluid levels need to be checked. I'm going begin to slowly work through the car and try to make sure everything is straight.

Now with all that what spark plugs should I buy?

lol - Where would you start?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 pm 

I have never heard of a stock LS1 block with even forged internals taking that much nitrous without shaking the heads or burning a piston. I guess the fresh motor would be a dead giveaway to me. 300rwhp would be my limit on it. Nice car though. BTW, NGK makes some of the best nitrous plugs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

NXZ28 wrote:
I have never heard of a stock LS1 block with even forged internals taking that much nitrous without shaking the heads or burning a piston. I guess the fresh motor would be a dead giveaway to me. 300rwhp would be my limit on it. Nice car though. BTW, NGK makes some of the best nitrous plugs.

I may have a two week school at Gordon in January. I could drag it down with me. Want to have a look over?