F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Need some pointers...
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:04 pm 
Cool Newbie

I'll be in Spang for roughly 2 days this memorial weekend. I'll arrive there probably around 4-5ish in my camaro. I'm somewhat new in the area so I was wondering if someone can point me to where I can fill up fuel for my car off base since I don't have a ration gas card.

Second, I'm going to head out to Nurburg Ring on Sunday to do a lap or two therefore I'll probably going to need more fuel that day to drive around after that. Being it's Sunday, do you guys know a gas station that is open that day I can use for fuel? Where? if there is one.

Third and last question... I want to use my go pro in my car when I'm doing the lap run in the Ring. Have any of you had a success sneaking in a vid camera mounted at the back? I saw quite a lot of videos of in car vids of nurburg ring so I'm just wondering.

Post subject: Re: Need some pointers...
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:59 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

2: There are 2 gas stations at the Ring that will be open (ARAL and ED), so don't worry.

3: If you manage to mount the camera quickly AFTER you passed the gates (after a cone chicane you'll have to stop briefly on the side of the track to do it) then it should be no problem...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 pm 
Cool Newbie

thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Bene,
You should be able to take a copy of your leave form or TDY orders and be authorized to purchase gas on post.

SALES OF RATIONED FUEL TO OTHER ELIGIBLE PERSONNEL IN GERMANY
C-1. AUTHORITY
AE Regulation 600-700 explains categories of personnel who are authorized to purchase tax- and
duty-free motor fuel while in Germany on official leave or temporary duty (TDY).
C-2. ELIGIBLE PERSONNEL
No later than 7 July 2008, the following personnel are authorized tax-free motor fuel and must follow procedures in paragraph 9e to obtain short-term fuel-ration cards for owned or rented vehicles:
a. Personnel on Leave.
(1) U.S. Forces personnel on leave in Germany from a duty station in Europe or North Africa and
deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq on rest and recuperation leave in Germany are authorized tax- and
duty-free motor fuel.
(2) The basic regulation, paragraph 14, provides policy on purchasing tax- and duty-free fuel
when using a rental vehicle.
(3) For personnel on leave, the fuel ration will be prorated to the amount of time spent in
Germany unless the recipient can show a bona fide need for additional fuel.
(4) Personnel on leave will present their leave or military pass document to request fuel for
vehicles that are not registered through the U.S. Forces Registry of Motor Vehicles in Germany (to
include rental vehicles and privately owned vehicles (POVs)).
b. Personnel on TDY. U.S. Forces personnel on TDY are authorized tax- and duty-free motor fuel.
Personnel renting a car must have a copy of valid TDY orders and the car-rental contract. Personnel
using a POV must have valid TDY orders and the vehicle registration. For personnel on TDY, the fuel
ration will be prorated to the amount of time spent in Germany unless the recipient can show a bona fide
need for additional fuel (for example, taking leave in conjunction with TDY, planning to drive across
Germany). Personnel on TDY will use their TDY document and their rental contract to request AE Form
550-175L that will provide eligibility for them and their vehicle to obtain the short-term (not to exceed
30 days) fuel-ration card from AAFES.
c. Family Members (Dependents) Traveling Without Sponsors. Only dependents (as defined by
the NATO Status of Forces Agreement) of U.S. Forces military and civilian personnel assigned to
Germany are authorized tax- and duty-free motor fuel. Dependents from other European countries and
North Africa must be accompanied by their sponsor to purchase tax-free motor fuel.
d. NATO Personnel. Table C-1 summarizes authorizations for military and civilian personnel
assigned to NATO international military headquarters (IMH) in Germany (including German military
personnel) for purchase of tax- and duty-free fuel. Possession of a U.S. Forces POV registration is
required to purchase petroleum, oils, and lubricants (POL).

Number of Days on Leave or TDY Ration Allowance (liters)
1 through 3 50
4 through 7 100
8 through 11 150
12 through 15 200
16 through 18 250
19 through 22 300
23 through 25 350
26 through 30 400

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm 
Cool Newbie

Cool! Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 pm 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

If you go to the Ring tomorrow, good luck and have fun. I read it was very crowded today and track was closed a lot because of accidents.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:36 pm 
Cool Newbie

BenZ28 wrote:
If you go to the Ring tomorrow, good luck and have fun. I read it was very crowded today and track was closed a lot because of accidents.

I had a blast! I did two laps and I can't believe how much fun this is. I didn't have the Go Pro mounted as inspectors were every where. I'm wondering if someone took a picture of my car while I was doing the lap runs.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 pm 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

I can take a look at several photographer's websites for pictures and look for your car. You've been there with the Camaro, right?

And for the fun part: I totally understand this. That's why I've been doing this for lots of years and it has cost me lots of €€€. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:16 pm 
Cool Newbie

BenZ28 wrote:
I can take a look at several photographer's websites for pictures and look for your car. You've been there with the Camaro, right?

And for the fun part: I totally understand this. That's why I've been doing this for lots of years and it has cost me lots of €€€. :wink:

Yeah, I found a few pics during my runs. I bought all of them :lol:

On the bad note, I think I got red flashed with a camera at the autobahn going from no speed limit to 100 KM/H. I didn't slow down fast enough and got the light. I didn't know what it was until someone told me at my work what it was. :pat:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Oh, hope you weren't too much over the 100 limit then...