F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Mustang goes down hard, good one!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 7:19 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I was on B270, about to turn on to B40, en route to the shoppette. Up ahead, though, was a red Mustang. I don't know whether it was a Cobra, or a GT, since he had the chrome GT wheels, but SVT on the back. I didn't look at the recessed lettering, as I didn't think about it. Anyhoo, I decided to play with him instead, and take a little detour. Well, I am a few cars behind when B270 turns in to 2 lanes, so I wait patiently for the cars to move over. As soon as they move, I attempt to catch up to him, only to get behind another slow poke. I'm thinking he's gonna go for A6/Saarbruecken, so I get over into the right lane, and sure enough, he turns right. I get up on his bootie as we go around the curve, but there is a SUV in front of him, so we wait patiently. After the curve, he takes the SUV on the right, as the SUV is merging left, so I do the same. Well, he immediately nails it as he is passing, and I do too, only I can't get it in to 4th, so he gets a bit ahead of me. When I finally get it in to gear, I am pulling hard, and we are just merging on to A6. There are no cars in the way, so we both skip over to the fast lane. At this point, I'm reading the freq. on his radio, and as soon as he clears some cars in the slow lane, he realizes he's lost, so he gets over, and I just whiz by, feeling very proud of my bowtie!! I didn't look at his face, or reaction, but I'm sure he was impressed, yet disappointed....... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 6:27 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Damn Jack
So what station was he listening to. Seriously Man I can't remember the last mustang race I was in . It has really been that long.

So tell us what happen with this 4th gear hang up . Say you wern't trying to go for second again!

OT A new Lightening moved into the neighborhood. Lt looks pretty wicked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 7:32 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

He was actually listening to a CD!! :D

Well, I don't know why it wouldn't go, maybe 'cause I was kinda nervous that he might get away from me, but the Ripper wouldn't have let me go into 2nd if I would've truly wanted to!

I saw a Lightning when I was home in December, they are mean as hell looking!! ;)

Post subject: GT...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 8:30 pm 

I can only get rustands to rev there engines at me in passing. They never go out of there way to race that's for sure. I bust u-turns and all kinds of "He said POOP" when I see a potential race. Oh well. Later guys, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:47 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

LOL, Mike, that was the first time for me, actually!! It was quite fun..... ;)

Post subject: sense I'm always the Devils advocate...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 4:53 am 
No Life

First of all, 90% of all mustangs, either 5.0 or 4.6, or even 5.8 should prove to be easy pickens. But alas, all is not wine and roses.
Most of you know, I'm a regular reader of MM&FF, and if you dont look at the magazine, you should. (Great tech, that applies to us as well) Anyway, they just did a test on a 99 GT. Seems the owner (some young hottie) wanted alittle more kick, so in went the NX kit jetted to 100 hp.
The only mods this car has is underdrive pulley, and ram air, to make a long story short, 12.34 @ 106mph on radials. This is a auto car fellas, that stock puts out about 220 at the wheels, so a 100hp hit of dope should put it on par with the LS1 dynos. How many 12.3x LS1's you heard about?
BTW they also did a new lightning...13.31 @ 103.8mph (quite a truck huh!)
Take it easy guys, and keep killin 'em
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

I cut 2 1/2 inches of my shift stick I have a hurst but my bud has a stock shifter I cut his also It prevents your knuckles from hitting the dash and shortens the throws, It only takes 15 minutes and adds to the interior nutin worse than a truck shifter in a F-body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

good kill the mustangs and cobras avoid me. I tried to talk to some and I call BS when the tell me there car can go 160 and is 300+ hp and then I point them toward the hawk and say lets go. For some reason they cant the car is not runing good today, I am waiting for my heads, or I got to go somwhere. so consider yourself lucky I have not stomped a mustang in at least a year and there is alot more of them than us. good kill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:29 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I've been thinking about shortening the shifter, but it's not the shifter, it works great, it's just me gettin' all excited!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 7:53 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Quote:
I've been thinking about shortening the shifter, but it's not the shifter, it works great, it's just me gettin' all excited!! :D

Jack just don't blow a wad ,, Um I mean a rod..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 7:59 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

HAHA, I won't!! So, how was the trip??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:51 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Quote:
So, how was the trip??

Somethings are best expressed with pictures and being there in person. It sure did rock though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:35 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Ok, umm, well....thanks, I guess! :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
I was on B270, about to turn on to B40, en route to the shoppette. Up ahead, though, was a red Mustang. I don't know whether it was a Cobra, or a GT, since he had the chrome GT wheels, but SVT on the back. I didn't look at the recessed lettering, as I didn't think about it. Anyhoo, I decided to play with him instead, and take a little detour. Well, I am a few cars behind when B270 turns in to 2 lanes, so I wait patiently for the cars to move over. As soon as they move, I attempt to catch up to him, only to get behind another slow poke. I'm thinking he's gonna go for A6/Saarbruecken, so I get over into the right lane, and sure enough, he turns right. I get up on his bootie as we go around the curve, but there is a SUV in front of him, so we wait patiently. After the curve, he takes the SUV on the right, as the SUV is merging left, so I do the same. Well, he immediately nails it as he is passing, and I do too, only I can't get it in to 4th, so he gets a bit ahead of me. When I finally get it in to gear, I am pulling hard, and we are just merging on to A6. There are no cars in the way, so we both skip over to the fast lane. At this point, I'm reading the freq. on his radio, and as soon as he clears some cars in the slow lane, he realizes he's lost, so he gets over, and I just whiz by, feeling very proud of my bowtie!! I didn't look at his face, or reaction, but I'm sure he was impressed, yet disappointed....... :D

Yo man, I just stumbled accross this post of yours and I had to ask, Do you think he just might have back of of it because that's a 130kph zone you were running in? I woulda backed off after touching like 180 or so. I want to enjoy driving while I'm here. Maybe he does too? Mit liscense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:51 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I think there's a road sign that we all know. It's a big red line running through the word "Excuses". He went for it and he entered the no excuse zone. I'll bet he was listening to a Showaddywaddy CD too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:07 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Ck, nice try, but he had a friend with him, and was definitely trying!! He punched it first...