F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:40 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Thanks!!! It doesn't go above 180, and I already bent pushrods once, so hopefully that will be the only time! :)

I go to Wattenheim once or twice a week, and turn around, just to get my speed thrills in for the week..

Post subject: DAMN!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:59 pm 

I can't believe all this $hit talking. Very cool! I wish I was there to show ALL you fools up. (yeah!) Anyway, I guess you will all find out this summer. We should all reunite in a couple years in the states and just go all out.
Take it easy fellas! Mike

P.S. Silas's car is the $hit all the way around. Not unbeatable but I wouldn't bet a $1 against him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:34 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Thanks!!! It doesn't go above 180, and I already bent pushrods once, so hopefully that will be the only time! :)

I go to Wattenheim once or twice a week, and turn around, just to get my speed thrills in for the week..

I will be gettin some speed thrills in tomorrow sometime during the day if we get no rain. I do the same thing (to Wattenheim) I love a show of HP goin up those hills passin all the Euro Eco-boxes like they're standin still. Don't see too many Porches out on that stretch though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

P.S. Silas's car is the $hit all the way around. Not unbeatable but I wouldn't bet a $1 against him![/quote]

I agree but I would bet against him for mod money. Sorry John I was ordered home by household 6 I hope I did not leave you hanging. Did you find the vacum leak I bet that is your problem.

darookie sounds like your car should be pretty quick at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:55 pm 
Needs a Job

Mike your mod list is getting longer by the day! Wasn't too long ago you were lightly modded and wanting more. Lookin good. We WILL hook up once we're back that's a promise. You are gonna need to post some pics! All that money I know you bought a digi cam right? ;)

My car isn't the *(&% but it'll handle it's own. Looks like I'll be picking it up sometime this wk. Bad ground and battery were the culprit. Fuel pump is good but hey I've got to replace it anyways right? It was just an excuse to get the fuel system upgraded in the 1st place.
Inline will go on it a wk or so and the intake sometime next month...................now it's time for the seats and gauges and BOOM! Time to play!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

When are you going back up to Tony's? When you grenade your rear 3:89 pull like a MoFo your rear is living on borrowed time. My engine mods should be complete by this Sat- in a pinch stuff. I have 700 miles on this engine already getting stronger everyday or I am learning how to control it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:49 am 
Needs a Job

I may be on borrowed time but don't want all the unsprung weight w/ a 9" that's why I'm opting for the 12". Also you have less travel in the suspension w/ the 9" too if you haven't heard and alot of folk go back to stock height because of it. Great for the 1/4 but so so on the auto-x etc. As long as I'm nice to the rear she'll last. AND she will because I'm not insane w/ the gears in the 1st place. The suit me fine for now but I know the 396 wants 3.73's back there. In time in time............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

yep it is pretty heavy!!! I have most of the squeaks gone. I am having problems with the ABS light? With a 12 bolt it would be plug and play. The gears seem about right 100MPH is no problem to cruise at about 2800 RPM in 6th. So what is your cars status.