F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Nissan 200SX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:05 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

This is a bit of a non-race but funny anyway. I failed to notice the 200SX owned by a girl who works in the office here. She tells me that she put her heart and soul into a race from a set of lights and was disgruntled when I blew here away. Even more so when I told her I didn't even see her and wasn't racing anybody. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:02 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Now that is funny

Post subject: Oh yeah!.....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:42 am 

Well I just bought a '95 200sx, and I'll be redeeming that young lady's disgruntled attitude....hahaha....before the smack talking begins, consult a few of your f-body buddies about the black guy from schweinfurt with the black eclispe turbo...mods are starting now(on the 200sx)....V8 boyz/girlz dayz are about to come to an abrupt end....hahaha....ask bruce sweeny, robin, glen ward, and a few others know me. have fun, beware of black men with white 200sx's. :)

Last edited by run-4-cover on Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:01 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Isn't that a 300ZX?? Whatever, just don't get to used to staying in the left lane, 'cause you'll get passed before you can even look in the rear view mirror..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:19 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

So let me get this straight, you're going to turn your 15 second car into a 13 second car, spending, what £3000 or so and when I spend a quarter of that to spread your Nissan on toast, you're going to drive to the UK and redeem her honour? Well, lucky I've got enough money left for some wax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:38 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Even more so when I told her I didn't even see her and wasn't racing anybody. LOL.

Either she is extremely slow, or you are operating in race-mode while driving on the streets ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:57 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

That is such a scandalous suggestion. I am an upright law-abiding prosecutor...er, citizen and would never dream of taking my car above 2000rpm or exceeding a speed limit.

Post subject: the flame war begins......
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:30 pm 

you can try to brag that LS-1 up all you want...my now retired eclispe turbo was spanking you ls-1 boyz/girlz with $700.00 of mods....go do your homework about turbo cars before you make ignorant comments...like I said, find the people I neamed and ask them about the eclispe...I'm sure none of thewm would call it slow :)....and looking at your 1/4 mile times....I ain't impressed at all....and yes that's a 300zxtt...you need not apply to race that until you do head and cams with 125+ shot of n2o....now go get you an SLP catalog and start saving :)

Post subject: Whoa - another poor soul.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:38 pm 

I spent literally YEARS on my girlfriends damn 200SX.

As soon as you fix one thing the next part fails.

I´m no rice hater (she´s buying a Prelude now) but nissan suc*s big time. Damn turbo leaks, manifold rattles, cooling etc. etc. etc.

Har har har.

You´ll have fun dude.

R@M

Well, I ran out of F-Bodies - till 2010 - if there still is GM

Got boost?

Post subject: Oh...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:41 pm 

Ever had the feeling you are bragging?

Your turbo won´t do much on the 1/8.

When you can beat an M5 on the A-Bahn talk back :-)

R@M

Well, I ran out of F-Bodies - till 2010 - if there still is GM

Got boost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:51 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Walk the walk man! You sure know how to talk the talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:23 pm 

I don't brag, I state facts that you don't like, you obviously don't know anything about turbo selection, why won't a turbo do anything in the eight?!?!...were you at simbach last summer? I know an LT-1, mustang GT, and big block chevelle that would disagree with you;) ...hehehe...beat an M5 with what...ny 300zx most definetly would, no prob...my eclispe ran even with an RS-4 on the bahn from 70-150mph before I put the cams in :)...the 200sx is bone stock for now, only had it one week. you got an M5?
Quote:
Ever had the feeling you are bragging?

Your turbo won´t do much on the 1/8.

When you can beat an M5 on the A-Bahn talk back :-)

R@M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:27 pm 

what year was your girlfriends 200? did it have a 1.8L turbo engine? or the 2.0L? see that nissan in my sig? think it sucks....hahaha, it does!!!....paint, doors, hoods, and pedestrians who stand to close to the action;) ...how can you say a manufacturer sucks because you had a lemon? Don't get me started on the amount of camaros I've seen broke down, blown up, leaking oil, blah,blah....you don't hear me screaming chevy sucks...
Quote:
I spent literally YEARS on my girlfriends damn 200SX.

As soon as you fix one thing the next part fails.

I´m no rice hater (she´s buying a Prelude now) but nissan suc*s big time. Damn turbo leaks, manifold rattles, cooling etc. etc. etc.

Har har har.

You´ll have fun dude.

R@M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:31 pm 

Quote:
Walk the walk man! You sure know how to talk the talk.
I sure hope you are in Germany! I see you on all my responses, but it's cool, i enjoy talking "He said POOP" almost as much as racing. For your sake, I hope that pretty red LS-1 isn't stock....as a matter of fact, I hope you have every bolt-on available:) you in Germany too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:35 pm 
No Life

I would like to say one thing in the LS1's defense (run 4 cover) I'm not even an LS1 owner but I do know the LS1 camaros are coming out of the dealership runining in the high 12's. I think Lusifer just had a bad day when he recorded those times at least he's honest though. Just my .2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:26 am 

yeah, I know LS-1's supposedly runhigh 12's stock...but how many people who actually own them can get them in the 12's...not many, usually they run mid 13's...trp speeds are what I look at, et's come from good 60.ft. times...most imports don't pull 60.ft. comparable to domestic V8's...but check the trap speeds of some modded turbo imports...I haven't ran my 'z' in the quarter yet, but others at stage III have run traps anywhere from 110-115mph with the mods done to mine....and a highway race isn't even worth my time with a stock LS-1. trust me, I like all cars, I considered buying an LS-1, but I like to be the under-dog;) my 'z' isn't the subject of discussion though, it's in the states and I won't bring it over here. soon as I get this 200sx to my performance standards, alot of you guyz/girlz will hear about/meet me, we can go have some fun street racing, that's what it's all about, right?
Quote:
I would like to say one thing in the LS1's defense (run 4 cover) I'm not even an LS1 owner but I do know the LS1 camaros are coming out of the dealership runining in the high 12's. I think Lusifer just had a bad day when he recorded those times at least he's honest though. Just my .2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:42 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

The limitation on the LS1 is in the traction and suspension mods are needed to get the power down (coming soon to an LS1 near here).But while you talk about your $700 mods, a $700 bolt-on nitrous kit will put the LS1 well into the 12's so it's just a question of where you spend your money. Mine is also practically stock, it's a daily driver and while someone said I probably had a bad day, I didn't - those times are with a gentle roll off the line to establish traction and then hard to the floor. On the day of the track, those times were easily good enough to destroy a modified TVR Griffith and a BMW M Coupe. So you can talk your turbos all you like and you can talk your quarter all you like but when you're out there, I'd rather have the instant power response than wait all day for a big turbo to spool up. There ain't no substitute for cubic inches.
By the way, I wouldn't want to be paying your insurance premium either.....
Incidentally, didn't this thread start off as something about 200 SX's. When you get that to run 13's let me know. LOL. And why is it that a heavily modified 300ZX TT at the track still only ran 14's and a Supra TT ran 16's. Hmmm, must have had a bad day!

Last edited by LuS1fer on Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:07 pm 
No Life

[quote] LUS1FER-while someone said I probably had a bad day, I didn't - those times are with a gentle roll off the line to establish traction and then hard to the floor. On the day of the track, those times were easily good enough to destroy a modified TVR Griffith and a BMW M Coupe[quote]

Run 4 Cover you may want to read this statement up above this is a guy who is truthfull. If I do recall you were talking crap because of his times and the whole time he was just babying it off the line. If you new anything about the f-body then you would know that somedays are better than others at the track due to track temp and weather conditions. And the ability to get the car to hook up out of the whole. The good thing is he still ran in the 13s with a stock car. I would really like to pull up some stock timeslips on your car what were they 15s maybe even 16s.

[quote]RUN 4 Cover-I don't brag, I state facts that you don't like, you obviously don't know anything about turbo selection, why won't a turbo do anything in the eight?!?!...were you at simbach last summer? I know an LT-1, mustang GT, and big block chevelle that would disagree with you;) ...hehehe...beat an M5 with what...ny 300zx most definetly would, no prob...my eclispe ran even with an RS-4 on the bahn from 70-150mph before I put the cams in :)...the 200sx is bone stock for now, only had it one week. you got an M5?[quote]

I call bullshi# on this whole statement above. If you don't brag then why were you saying that 200sx would beat everyone on this board????? You may be able to start a 200sx club. There is a really stupid looking one on ramstein with a JR dragster fin on the back. And I hate to tell you a nissan 200sx is not going to run with an LS1 without dumping major cash into it. The horsepower gains an LS1 gets with just Heads and cam is incredible. It would take you more than just $4000.00 to get your car into the mid 450+hp range. I want to see you put your car up against some of the cars on the board I would even front the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:37 pm 

sorry man, not putting you or your ride down, my eclispe has outran many LS-1's both on and off the track, it's biggest problem was traction, it was a front wheel drive, you must be joking about putting the 200sx in the 13's....hahaha, an exhaust and high flow fuel pump with the boost turned up will do that;)....my eclispe ran a 14.2 @ 97mph with just those simple mods, and I was only running 14 of a possible 18psi boost....the 60ft. time was 2.3x...I'm gonna have alot of fun with you, cuz you can't see past your big bad V8, you better go learn about turbocharged cars in general and quit making silly comments like, "wait all day for a big turbo to spool", my eclispe had an upgraded turbo, that appeared to be a stock one, that little turbo was capable of flowing enough air for 400hp, by 3500rpm you had all 17psi of boost. Since I launched at 3000rpms I don't think I was waiting all day for anything....as far as the nitrious comment, well....they make n2o kits for my cars too:) ...what's your point? btw, I'm pretty sure I've probably got just as much or more drag racing under my belt as you, so that's not an issue...so the limitation on an LS-1 is traction!?!?!....quit whining:)...you ever try to launch a 300hp front wheel drive car?
Quote:
The limitation on the LS1 is in the traction and suspension mods are needed to get the power down (coming soon to an LS1 near here).But while you talk about your $700 mods, a $700 bolt-on nitrous kit will put the LS1 well into the 12's so it's just a question of where you spend your money. Mine is also practically stock, it's a daily driver and while someone said I probably had a bad day, I didn't - those times are with a gentle roll off the line to establish traction and then hard to the floor. On the day of the track, those times were easily good enough to destroy a modified TVR Griffith and a BMW M Coupe. So you can talk your turbos all you like and you can talk your quarter all you like but when you're out there, I'd rather have the instant power response than wait all day for a big turbo to spool up. There ain't no substitute for cubic inches.
By the way, I wouldn't want to be paying your insurance premium either.....
Incidentally, didn't this thread start off as something about 200 SX's. When you get that to run 13's let me know. LOL. And why is it that a heavily modified 300ZX TT at the track still only ran 14's and a Supra TT ran 16's. Hmmm, must have had a bad day!

Post subject: Oh boy, here we go again>>>>
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:54 pm 

[quoteRun 4 Cover you may want to read this statement up above this is a guy who is truthfull. If I do recall you were talking crap because of his times and the whole time he was just babying it off the line. If you new anything about the f-body then you would know that somedays are better than others at the track due to track temp and weather conditions. And the ability to get the car to hook up out of the whole. The good thing is he still ran in the 13s with a stock car. I would really like to pull up some stock timeslips on your car what were they 15s maybe even 16s.

Quote:

I call bullshi# on this whole statement above. If you don't brag then why were you saying that 200sx would beat everyone on this board????? You may be able to start a 200sx club. There is a really stupid looking one on ramstein with a JR dragster fin on the back. And I hate to tell you a nissan 200sx is not going to run with an LS1 without dumping major cash into it. The horsepower gains an LS1 gets with just Heads and cam is incredible. It would take you more than just $4000.00 to get your car into the mid 450+hp range. I want to see you put your car up against some of the cars on the board I would even front the money.
so he ran a high 13....wohooo, stock 300zxtt's can do that....I probably know just as much about an LS-1 as you, that's why I'm here...et's don't impress me, trap speeds do,his is actually low for an LS-1, they usually trap around 106mph..... I don't know which car you are talking about stock, but I'll tell you the published times for each; 300zxtt 14.0-13.5 @ 101-105mph; eclispe turbo low 15's @??mph; 200sx 15.0's @ ??mph...I don't care what they ran stock, the cars have sooo much untapped potential it's amazing, you just gotta know where to find the hidden horsepower, and I do:) ...I can talk shyt about this 200sx because it has basically the same setup as my eclispe had; 2.0L 16V DOHC turbocharged 4 banger...turbo cars respond very well to breathing, that's why I'm buying a 3" turbo-back exhaust, that's right mr. turbo ignorant, 3"!!! bet you don't know why someone would put a 3" exhaust on a 2.0L four cylinder, do you? and what exactly do you think I need 450hp to beat, you got a mid 500hp car? 300hp in a 200sx(if I'm right about the weight) is enough to run low 13's and high 12's with a good 60ft....class is over, go study turbo cars 101 then come and talk to me with some sense, while you at it, look into power-to-weight ratio remedial course too! :)