F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Had to make a new rule
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:27 pm 
No Life

I will no longer race a Fbody of any year on the street. I have been suckered into two stoplight runs by V6's that are dressed up like V8's. The only way you can tell is when you pull off and they look like they got out to change a flat tire. It amazes me the money these people drop on mods (albeit mostly appearance). They could easily have afforded the V8. I'm not slamming the sixer'ers because to each there own, but damn, be realistic.

And incase your thinking "well I can tell the differance" no you cant, cuz there are alot of stock/quiet exhaust 8's out there, and you would be surprised what some of the aftermarket exhaust sounds like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:54 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
I will no longer race a Fbody of any year on the street.

Generaly a good idea I guess - no matter what the other car is - after all you're in the States with lots of race tracks ...
Quote:
It amazes me the money these people drop on mods (albeit mostly appearance).

Well - you can always rice out an F-Body just like any other car I guess ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject: Here's one for you
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:38 pm 
No Life

There's a guy on ramstein who has a v6 whith Z28 badges on it. The badges are stickers not the factory one's looks extremely tacky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:02 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

What possesses these people??

Post subject: all true,
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 11:25 pm 
No Life

but I'm not talking about "riced", I saw your post on cz28 about the 6 with the SS hood, there is one here also, but with the 12" 3000lb downforce producing wing.

These people have really nice looking cars. Enkei, Forgeline wheels, classy ground effects, really clean looking cars.

I'm sure If I saw another sports car I'd jump on him too, even if I knew I would probably be picking tire rubber out of my grill for weeks afterwards.

Rice on the other hand, IMO is asking for it. I go out of my way to bring them back to reality. I feel it is my duty to hunt down and harrass all forms of rolling billboards with neon lights and bass coming out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:27 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I guess they just like the looks, but don't want the crappy gas mileage!! Just a thought..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 7:58 pm 

I've seen some pretty pathetic F-bodies over here. The one that tops my list was a '79 Camaro with a big hole in the hood and one of those Air Scoops with the three red Butterflies sticking out of it. When he popped the hood, it turns out he's running a weak stock 305 with a 2 barrel carb. He built some kind of stack to mount that air scoop on the tiny carb. I about fell over! Of course, he also had sidepipes and air shocks fully pumped up. Another good one was a '78-81 Camaro with a cheap repro Firebird on the hood. Go figure!
To put Z28 emblems on a non Z28 car is really stupid, too. I've put SS stickers on my car, but only because there was no SS in my model year. Kinda like: "That's what it could have looked like if they had built one."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:47 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Hey, can't we all just get along? Why ya disin' my 6. No seriously, I understand what you are saying. I promise not to put Z28 badges on my 6, but I plan on getting every last HP out of her that I can. I think I am making up for the mistake of getting the 6, I didn't think I would be in Europe to use it. It is getting a little bit expensive, more that just buying the 8 when I had the chance, but it is fun to take it apart to mod it. Like you said 'to each his own'

RT1

Post subject: Here's another
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:57 am 
No Life

There's a v-6 on one of these air force bases (no name) that is running around with an ss hood and badges. However it's definatly not an SS. It has the bent v-6 exhaust on it. It also has salad shooters 16" rims on it. Who knows why people do these things. Maybe there all comedians just giving the rest of us something to laugh at.