F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A6 run-in w/ BMW wagon and Porsche?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:32 am 
Needs a Job

Saturday coming back from Mannheim I decided to lay low and let traffic catch me for a change. One the way up to Mannheim I got there in 22 mns so I figured cruise it on they way back.

Well I'm doing a lofty 60mph in 6th @ 1800 rpms when I see lights coming up fast to my left. Figured they were doing around 100 if that. 1st came the BMW wagon. Don't know what it was packing but it was impressive. Stock looking and red paint job that's it. Then the Porsche past it appeared to be a Carrera w/ exhaust tip on both sides. Grey w/ a middle aged driver no emblems. Once they passed they looked at me w/ little curiosity since the driver side is banged up and I was dirty. eh-eh. My exhaust was completely closed so that gave no sign either. They get a 1/2 mile up and I decide to give chase since no one wanted to play on the way up. Drop her into 3rd and get to 100 in no time....110...118 and slap into 4th. By the time I'm in the middle of 4th I'm on the Porsches tail and close to 145. 3.23's are Gods here on the autobahn. :)

He see's me and gets on it! I'm like "cool" I let him pull away so he thinks he's got the better car and the BMW has pulled over and ducked in behind me. Looking in the rear the BMW is hanging (?). Once the P has about 10 lengths I gun it again and reel em in. He's givin up a good fight and thinks he can take me in the curves. Doing around 120ish or so through the twisties and once he see's I can hang he puts it on even harder. I'm right there about 4 lengths back and the beemer is about 7 lengths back.

Traffic stops us and we call it quits. Beemer does a flyby and the P and I just wait til it clears a little more.

We do a 90mph roll and it wasn't pretty at all. I put it on him so bad it wasn't worth the gas but as I'm reaching 140 he's coming up on me slowly but surely. He's packing top end for sure and I slow down just a tad to let em catch up w/ me quicker and as he does I gun it again and let him hear that closed off exhaust w/ the 2ft flame. ;) He's hanging but I'm putting some distance between us and we're well past 150mph as I look down but then I see the temp is 200 degrees and climbing so I lay off and let him pass. Strokers tend to get a little hot from running high speeds at long intervals. Once she gets to 180-5 I'm on it again and chase him down. He won't give me props as we are doing 80kmh in the safe zone. So me being the prick I am I bring the rpm's up and dump the clutch @ 6500 and leave a patch of rubber 15ft in length.

Don't know if this guy was spooled or not but he gave good fight. Cool run and I'm still wondering about the Beemer what the hell he had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I see a 12 bolt/9in with some 3.73 with that engine you got would be lethal in them situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:12 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Mmmmmmm
A Porsche Chop with all the trimmings. Very tasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Mmmmmmm
A Porsche Chop with all the trimmings. Very tasty

That is funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:54 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

LOL @ Roy!! John, why is the side banged up?? :-dunno:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:59 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Silas... I too am amazed at times by those damn BMW wagons. Flabbergasted even!!
They stick in those sweepers at 130mph like a Lotus or something. Only thing I can think of as an advantage is IRS and almost a 50/50 weight distribution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:27 am 
Needs a Job

Jack I spun the car at the Nurburgring powersliding through a turn. So what's the status w/ your car?

CK? That's the second time I've had a wagon hang to some extent. The last one was a ford wagon. But you could tell he had some work done though. That booger was fast! Handled better than my car in some regards. I'm switchin to coilovers and racin slicks. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:53 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

John, I called last week, and they said they were waiting on parts. They never look at the "big picture" when it comes to repairs.. They always have to order once they find something else, instead of just figuring it all at once..