F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Run-4-cover got molly-wopped by Gil!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

Gil pulled him especially hard out of the hole and never looked back. Pulled him hard all the way down the track. Looked to be about 4-5 cars from where I was filming it.

Care to comment Gil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:18 am 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

I guess that means back to the bench for run4cover.

RT1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:46 pm 

Hehehe....you mean I don't get to comment! Yep that's about right, he pulled me really hard out of the hole....don't know about that 4-5 carlengths though :)....ummmm...you seem to forget, I said my car is stock....oh wait, I do have an airfilter ;)....we'll see next race....i gotta go put a rush on this 3" exhaust and boost controller.....to all you f-body guyz I met.....yall all was cool....congrats to bruce on the 120mph trap.....yall don't count me out just yet, I still got some tricks up in my bag.....if I could ever get that 2.6x sixty foot down to a 2.1, guess who would be running mid 14's bone stock ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:55 am 
Site Admin

So do you wanna play now??? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:18 pm 
 WWW  Profile

You know, I had heard that Run4Cover had his a$$ handed to him in Bitburg...Thanks for making my day!!

Paula :)

Post subject: Can't promise anything
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:20 pm 

Well I think it was about 8 car lengths that I got on you but I was too busy drinking a coke at the time I passed the finish line. j/k Make sure that you dont play with the big boys before you are ready. If you want to take bruce down you have to take me down first and since I am not staying stock for long you might have to order more turbochargers.
By the way it was nice to meet you at the track and good luck with the project car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Well I think it was about 8 car lengths that I got on you but I was too busy drinking a coke at the time I passed the finish line.

ROFL! The smack talking begins!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:20 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
if I could ever get that 2.6x sixty foot down to a 2.1, guess who would be running mid 14's bone stock ;)

2.6x sixty?? What are you doing, launching in third? My 3500 pound puny V6 Convertible has ran 2.2 before easily ... I thought you were fast ... tsts ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:33 pm 

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gil, if you were a girl i´d say i love you :)

R@M

Well, I ran out of F-Bodies - till 2010 - if there still is GM

Got boost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:53 pm 

Quote:
You know, I had heard that Run4Cover had his a$$ handed to him in Bitburg...Thanks for making my day!!

Paula :)
If everything works out this tyme, you'll be sadly disappointed, too bad you didn't meet me at bitburg, you could have got a piece too....now...on to mr racing stripes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:06 pm 

Quote:
Well I think it was about 8 car lengths that I got on you but I was too busy drinking a coke at the time I passed the finish line. j/k Make sure that you dont play with the big boys before you are ready. If you want to take bruce down you have to take me down first and since I am not staying stock for long you might have to order more turbochargers.
By the way it was nice to meet you at the track and good luck with the project car.
See! you V8 drivers, alwayz drinking and racing, hahaha....and I was thirsty too!!! I'm glad you decided to grace us with your presence, now the fun begins! Your first mod should be; to order an extra set of racing stripes, cuz next race I'm peelin one side off ;)....that's right, you'll pull just as bad out of the hole, but, a serious walk-down will take place shortly after :)....at least that's what the girl at nitrious express told me! hahahaha....you ordered a whisper lid and LT4 cam yet? Oh yeah, a set of headers, 4.10 gears, a line lock, and about 300 shot of N20! those should keep you within a car of me ;) j/k....just kidding, you should only need 250shot plus everything else...hahahaha....that's a sweet looking T/A, just don't put VENOM stickers under your hood!!! hahahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:12 pm 

[/quote]
puny V6 Convertible [/quote]hahahaha....this is the only thing I agree with you on. j/k

actually, I was trying to power brake, but the factory stall is just too low ~1800rpms....yes, it's automatic! So what kind of times were you running anywayz...here's mine;
60 ft. = 2.6
E.T. = 15.2
MPH = 91

that's my best slip, not bits and pieces from all of them....bone stock, except for an airfilter....not bad for an auto 4 banger, huh? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:55 am 

Quote:
actually, I was trying to power brake, but the factory stall is just too low ~1800rpms....yes, it's automatic! So what kind of times were you running anywayz...here's mine;
60 ft. = 2.6
E.T. = 15.2
MPH = 91

that's my best slip, not bits and pieces from all of them....bone stock, except for an airfilter....not bad for an auto 4 banger, huh? ;)

And what would be good about those figures.....????
A 1/4 that would be beaten by a standard (not even an air filter)1985 auto Camaro IROC. Autos are often more consistent than manuals

Maybe it just me, but looking at those numbers I cant help but be impressed. Why? Well, I dont know the problems with launching a front drive (and dont want to), but from experiance I dropped .2 from my 60 and that dropped almost .4 off my et. (these are mine, but obviously everyone knows a race is won or lost in the first 60'). With that said the damn thing still ran 15.2@91mph. Getting a respectable 2.0x 60' and that is a 14.7 or better run.

Just me, but that is pretty good. And with 91mph trap showing there are 1 or 2 ponies running around under the hood as well. BTW a 1985 camaro auto would have to be chained to the back of a viper to run in the 14's.

I'd still drive blocks out of my way to blow your doors off ;) but I'll give ya props, I figured a 80mph or so trap!

1994 Z28 fast getting faster, politically incorrect
2001 cobra #1450 of 3867 Born on 06/07/01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:09 am 
Site Admin

I seen some v8 running 17's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

But everyone ran at the same place under the same conditions. Even the people with slicks were running a 1.9 60 ft, which isnt too impressive for a car with slicks. On a "normal" track I have seen people with slicks usually at least get a 1.8 for the norm. The track was a hair up hill on the last 1/8th what ever thats worth.

You can get your 60 ft times down, and you can put your exhaust on and put a bigger turbo on it, you'll still be looking at my tail lights. :)

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
60 ft. = 2.6
E.T. = 15.2
MPH = 91

A 1/4 that would be beaten by a standard (not even an air filter)1985 auto Camaro IROC. Autos are often more consistent than manuals and it's no good saying "if" you could get your 60' times down, because that is the whole point, in bench racing, it's "if" and in drag racing it's "when". Still, very amusing. Anyway, here's a money-saving tip, buy a Camaro that runs 13's as standard.
awwww pleeease!!! if you'll notice, my car is an auto, 5-speed cars will run .5+ seconds quicker through the 1/4 and pull 2.1 sixty times all day....now, the bone stock LT-1 I ran didn't go 13's ;)...I've got the slip....and if you think an '85 cmaro has a dream of running with me stock, keep dreaming!!! If you'll notice in my very first posts, I'm not building a car to run 1/4....it's a highway car, which is the reason I'm not concerned about sixty feet times or et's...just the mph. Show me an old school stock camaro running 91mph in the 1/4. I think Gil knows he would have his hands full trying me from a rolling start;)...you dissagree Gil? cuz if you do....next race, me and you on the autobahn!!!! I wish you were here.....so I could whoop up on you too!!!hahahaha....oh well...guess I'll just have to take it out on your peers here!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:31 pm 

Quote:
But everyone ran at the same place under the same conditions. Even the people with slicks were running a 1.9 60 ft, which isnt too impressive for a car with slicks. On a "normal" track I have seen people with slicks usually at least get a 1.8 for the norm. The track was a hair up hill on the last 1/8th what ever thats worth.

You can get your 60 ft times down, and you can put your exhaust on and put a bigger turbo on it, you'll still be looking at my tail lights. :)
I don't plan on ever getting my sixty foot times down, I'm not putting a high stall converter in the ride.....but, how about me, you, a rolling start at ~50mph or so on the autobahn at the next bitburg race? :).....you scurrred? and I don't even know what's done to your car ;)....hmmmmm....what is done to your car? hahaha....I hope you aren't the one with the s/c'd LT-1, if you are, I'll have to wait for my turbo to get here, then we can play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
60 ft. = 2.6
E.T. = 15.2
MPH = 91

A 1/4 that would be beaten by a standard (not even an air filter)1985 auto Camaro IROC. Autos are often more consistent than manuals

Maybe it just me, but looking at those numbers I cant help but be impressed. Why? Well, I dont know the problems with launching a front drive (and dont want to), but from experiance I dropped .2 from my 60 and that dropped almost .4 off my et. (these are mine, but obviously everyone knows a race is won or lost in the first 60'). With that said the damn thing still ran 15.2@91mph. Getting a respectable 2.0x 60' and that is a 14.7 or better run.

Just me, but that is pretty good. And with 91mph trap showing there are 1 or 2 ponies running around under the hood as well. BTW a 1985 camaro auto would have to be chained to the back of a viper to run in the 14's.

I'd still drive blocks out of my way to blow your doors off ;) but I'll give ya props, I figured a 80mph or so trap!
thanks....but my car is rwd...believe me, i wasn't spinning! hahahaha....stall is ungodly low, and first gear is 2.7x(final drive is 3.96)....probably good for a v8....way too tall for my 4-banger off boost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:35 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Nope, I am not the one with the supercharged Z. :) Mine is fast as it sits. I am all N/A. I did run slightly better numbers than the supercharged one did, so be careful.

Whenever you want to run, let me know. Right now my car is sitting in Bitburg waiting for a clutch. But Gil may want a piece of you first. :)

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:48 pm 

Quote:
Nope, I am not the one with the supercharged Z. :) Mine is fast as it sits. I am all N/A. I did run slightly better numbers than the supercharged one did, so be careful.

Whenever you want to run, let me know. Right now my car is sitting in Bitburg waiting for a clutch. But Gil may want a piece of you first. :)
It doesn't matter, looks like I'm gonna have me a set of racing stripes....one from you and one from Gil...:)...so, your saying an autobahn run? me and you? ;)....you still didn't answer my question, if you are running faster than the s/c'd LT-1, then I would have to guess you have heads, maybe LT-4 cam, equal length headers, and 4.10 gears....am I close? are you trapping over 105mph?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next