F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Whooped Mustang GT with Ricer Rental!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:31 pm 
No Life

So here I am home on leave without my car so I decided to get a rental car to get around. I ended up with an 02 Nissian Maxima 4 dr with somewhere around 255Hp. Well last night on my way out to the bar I cam to a stop light next to a newer Mustang GT...... so of course I decided to give it a shot. I threw him a little rev... not like you could hear it beause the car is to darn quiet.... butwhen the light turned green we both took off....... I left it off the line and then he pulled up next to me until about 90mph and then I pulled on him until 100mph then we both slowed down due to the fact that we were coming up on a 35mph zone..... we got up to the next light so I turned over to give him a thumbs up and he wouldn't look over he was sooo pissed off.... oh well... it would have been much better in the Camaro... but beating a mustang is always fun !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:15 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

You spanked a Rustan 5.slow with a Maxima? You must be joking - couldn't the guy drive? D@mn, losing my last bit of respect for Rustangs ... ;)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:57 am 

Quote:
You spanked a Rustan 5.slow with a Maxima? You must be joking - couldn't the guy drive? D@mn, losing my last bit of respect for Rustangs ... ;)

Once again I'll be the voice of reason on this subject. When you pull up on the next mustang look at the emblem. If it doesnt say GT or 5.0, it may as well be a 2cyl car. A 96-98 4.6 cant get out of its own way, a 99-up GT will win as many as it loses to a LT1. (world of differance between the years). And as far as the 5.0, my slow coupe runs the 1/8 in 8.9-9.2@81mph +/- (weather/bad driver :) ) with less money in mods than a Borla catback for a LT1.

Thats what makes me so mad at the Z. Even with LT4 conversion, ported heads, bigger cam, longtubes, custom ecm, suspension optimized, with aftermarket LCA's, torque arm, HAl shocks, drag springs/airbag, drag radials and 4.10gears. This and every other single bolt-on, tbody,CAI,electric waterpump, pullies etc.... I would be ecstatic if it ran 11.5-11.8 (which it should, especially after the .030 over job in the works).

It would take about 5mins to change out the 75hp jet and put in the 150 one, and my 5.0 would run the same or better times, on stock suspension, heads and block. And it would do this over and over with out puking (8.8cr and forged stock pistons will do that).

Thats cool that you schooled some poser with a maxima, but since your in the states go check out a Fun Ford Weekend, or a NMRA event in your area. To watch these cars drive into the track, lay down 10's and sometimes 9's!! then drive home is freaking amazing. BTW if anyone is gonna be in the Texas area around the 20-22 of Sept, go check out the FFW event at the Texas Motorplex. You will simply be blown away.

Sorry about the longwinded response.
Take care guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:26 pm 
No Life

Rob I was driving the Maxima....... (rental mind you).... I do believe that it had the 4.6L though... it looked to be a 94 or 95 model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:56 pm 

Quote:
Rob I was driving the Maxima....... (rental mind you).... I do believe that it had the 4.6L though... it looked to be a 94 or 95 model.

I know dude, I read it correctly. And that fool deserved everything he got.

Quick facts so you can better identify your next victim.

94-95 had a 5.0
96-98 had a 4.6 that was so underpowered and sickly the magazines even disowned it
99-02 had a 4.6 that found all 260hp or 305 as the case may be GT/Cobra
03 well you know the deal, 390hp cobra's running 11's stock (okay, it had slicks)

1994 Z28 fast getting faster, politically incorrect
2001 cobra #1450 of 3867 Born on 06/07/01