F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Guess I've ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 10:29 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

... earned my first "Audi" decall for under the hood today ... he was no match, with his 5 cyl 2.2l engine, but ... :) At the show in Fulda, they had the runway open, and there were maybe three or four runs made by different people in the afternoon. Had a Golf GTI run the Audi, beat him by maybe two or three car lengths (Golf @ 107HP w/~1600 pounds, don't know the HP of the Audi, but a weight of around 2400 pounds).

A little while later, I checked with the Golf driver, he didn't want to run again, so when I saw the Audi heading for the runway, I went after him and set myself up. He wanted to warm his engine up a bit, so I let him ... he was revving a bit, I guess somewhere in the 3k area, but gave me a look when I punched it once up to 5k or so ... (remember - me = stock V6 3.8l, no exhaust mods or nothing)
Well, when he was satisfied with his warm up, we got ready, and I kepp it around 2k. We both started pretty much the same time ... but I pulled from the very first moment; plus I think I didn't even put it to the metal, maybe 2/3rds or so ... drove 1st and 2nd to around 5k5 or so, and when I stopped accelerating when I hit 60, he must have been a good 50 meters back, maybe even more ...

Sure got to say - it may not be a V8, and it may not have 300+ hp, but I sure think I could have beaten most of the german crap cars at the meeting today off the line ... maybe not in top speed (d*mn governing), but not too many came close to the torque of that car ... would have liked to try the Golf, but I think with the reserves I had left, he should have been a goner ...

(see other post for quick report on the show)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Last edited by Garry on Sat Jun 23, 2001 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:56 pm 
No Life

I do believe that engine served the GN crowd, pretty well;)

Good kill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 6:21 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Yowser Garry
Sounds like your next stop is to get that Speed limiter remove So the car can really lets it hair hang out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 7:58 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

The Golf was there again today - said the guy in the Audi was a bit pissed being beaten, even though he mainly minded being beaten by the Golf... the guy said the Audi had stock 137hp, and had been tuned some, no exact numbers there ...
Golf still wouldn't do anything with me, today ... but he drove against an Opel (not sure if it was a Kadett or what ...), and got beaten bad ... lead some from the start, but by the end, the Opel was ahead about three car lengths ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 10:41 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Yowser Garry
Sounds like your next stop is to get that Speed limiter remove So the car can really lets it hair hang out.

That, and maybe try to lighten her up a bit, if that's possible with a 'vert!!

Post subject: Hey garry
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 10:33 pm 
No Life

have you ever thought about the Grand National conversion kit. I've heard a few things about it, if I'm not mistaking the kit runs for aroung $7,000 I may be wrong about that figure. The Grand National runs some great times. Not knocking your stuff but If I had a 6 that's what I would do.