F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Whooped an Eclipse with a rental Malibu!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:28 am 
No Life

I haven't seen a new kill story in some time so I just thought I would shoot out this boring one. So here I am driving home to Wisconsin from NC in my rental ride (2003 Chevy Malibu..... with only 220 miles on it... or atleast it did when I picked it up)... well while going through Chicago I got bored and spoted this little group of rice burners ahead and figured WTF...... I get up next to one of the lead cars (a 96 - 98 Eclipse with the usual ricer power add ons... big park bench on the back, ground effects, LOTS OF STICKERS, and the other usuals) and lunged forward a bit (well as much as you could in a 4 banger already doing 60) to see if they got the hint.... well they did and off we were from a rolling start of about60 mph..... I pulled from him right off the start and finally stopped around 110 mph..... I don't need to loose my license that bad.... when he finally pulled next to me he was soo pissed off about geting beat down by a 4 dr grandpa ride he pulled off about to exits later with the rest of the uncle bens crew...... Well like I said it was a weak race.... but it was still fun! Later all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:53 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

They'll never learn. My friend fitted a big front bumper to his Skyline GT and a bigger wing. Now there's so much drag, it won't break 130mph. Adjustments needed! Still looks awesome though. Contrast with ricers who fit wings that are too big for the car or just don't suit it. I saw a Ford Puma the other day. The wing was off a MacLaren F1, I'm sure and it had two bits of aluminium scaffolding pole about 6" high supporting it. I guess it would lose him about 20mph and a full half second.

Last edited by LuS1fer on Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.