F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Lotus out in a blaze of glory...not!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:02 am 
Fast Newbie

Downtown Wuerzburg, 1:00am by the Hauptbahnhof. I was drivin back to Gieb after a night of just hanging out. I pull up to the redlight of a four lane road when this little lotus pulls up on the left. I wouldn't have wasted the gas, but his friend was egging him on so I gave a little blip of the gas to show I was game. Well, it didn't last long. By the time I ran out first gear and barked into second, with a two car seperation, he had apparently realized what a pogue he had been. These guys must really beat themselves up at night for buy such expensive pieces of $hit.

'95 Firebird formula: Moroso Cold Air Induction, Hypertech Power Tuning, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Vortec Intake Elbow, Edelbrock TES Headers, Edelbrock 3" Cat Back, Eaton HD Posi Diff, 3.42 gears, Tranny Upgrade, De-screened MAF, 2.5k rpm Torque Conv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:42 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I wouldn't exactly call them "pieces of $hit" man! They might not have the power we do, but they can outhandle just about anything on the road. They are built mainly for road racing, NOT 1/4 mile! ;)

Regardless, it was a nice kill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:11 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Didn't sound like he really wanted to play, if you had him by 2 cars, and you weren't out of 1st gear yet. Maybe you should leave the light work for us 6ers. ;)

Rob

Post subject: lotus-----scarey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:43 am 
Fast Newbie

Jack,
Perhaps you're right on the $hit part, but he started it. I was going to leave him alone but no, he had to show off his brass balls. So, I stomped him. I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.
Chris

Don't start none, won't be none.....LT-1 DAMN-IT :-bash:

'95 Firebird formula: Moroso Cold Air Induction, Hypertech Power Tuning, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Vortec Intake Elbow, Edelbrock TES Headers, Edelbrock 3" Cat Back, Eaton HD Posi Diff, 3.42 gears, Tranny Upgrade, De-screened MAF, 2.5k rpm Torque Conv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:25 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I don't know what it is about Elises. They sure think they're fast but everyone in our club has taken a Lotus Elise scalp. Mind you, they sure look good from outside. A friend claims that it costs Lotus around 8-9000 pounds to actually build an Elise and yet they sell them for 27 thousand pounds. Having driven one (and they crash and thump far worse than your Z will ever do) I'd say it's worth about 12k on the open market and the interior is worth about a dollar. So don't feel bad about stomping them hard, they are sprint cars and the 0-60 is about 5.5 and then they run out of steam big time. They also weigh about a third what a Z weighs. Sure they're fast round corners but I strongly recommend going to Kazaa and downloading the Lotus Racing Elise (actually an Exige) vs C5 at the Nurburgring where the Lotus gets creamed even if the C5 gets a mite untidy at times. Power will always triumph. I don't know if you ever saw the Bentley Turbo vs lotus Elise clip where the Bentley had the Lotus all the way, at least until the last corner where the Elise tucked up the inside and just pipped him to the line. The Z would have kicked its butt.

Last edited by LuS1fer on Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.