F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: bless the '03 cobra
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:19 am 

Its hilarious that so many people have no clue. The differance between the '01 and the '03 are few, but distinct, yet so many people run scared. The only people that no better and show that they do, are the 2 lightning owners around here and they are super cool.

Anyway, I know this is the kill forum, so here goes. I got off early from work today so I figured I would wash the day old dust off the car. As I was leaving, some young gun in a LT1 flavor car creeps up on me. We are heading down the main drag off post, and he is feeling me out. Not to sure if he should, but pretty sure he wants to try is the vibe I'm getting. Anyway, we end up at a light togethor. Nothing but a mile of road to off post between us and the light. Light turns green and we both slowly pull off. I hold first gear longer than normal, cuz its obvious this cat is pacing me. I'm thinking, "Well damn, if you feel froggy, then jump!" Here we go, I see his car squat, and its on. 6.5k+/- I grab 2nd, the young 'en is at the rear bumper. 6.5k+/- here come 3rd, and he is not near as close as he was a gear ago. At the top of 3rd its shut down time. He is a couple bus lengths back by this time. I throw a wave out the window, and I'm not real sure but I think I got the bird back. Oh well, he was a young 'en. More likely than not telling his buddies over a beer how he kept up with a nitrous sniffing S/C'd mustang ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:48 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Ah well, I suppose we must begrudgingly congratulate you on your kill!!! However, I have to say I've seen Cobras run at the track and they haven't been that fast...one (manual but are they all manual?)freely confessed he couldn't run better than 15's (and ran 15's on the day)but I confess I don't know anything about them. He had a K&N I think and I've no idea what engine. Think it was a 99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:02 am 
Needs a Job

HU?! I thought you got a 01 Cob? No you are S/C and juiced in less than a day? Damn! Can I be YOUR stepchild?

Nice kill too. I be glad when I can post a kill. Hopefully this wkend. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:32 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I think he's just saying the the young'en thought it was probably an '03, and told all his friends that he kept up..

Nice kill Rob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:44 pm 

Sorry for the mix up John. I do have a bone stock '01 Cobra (Seriously, I plan to keep it that way). But it is alot of fun with all the gun shy people around here. Pretty soon word will get out that it doesnt have the extra 100hp and I will have hell to pay, but for now..............BOO! :)

Lusifer: You got me buddy. It was a V6 vert with a automatic and 4 people in it, towing a U-Haul trailer that didnt even know they were racing and still stuck to my bumper. Good thing that School bus in front of them was holding them up, or it could have got ugly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:35 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Damn, I'm glad you didn't recognise my school bus or you'd know I don't even have an LS1.

Signature: Checker School Bus with Cliff Richard cardboard cut-out: K&N shifter: B&M air filter; 8" axle: Nitto drug-running tyres; indiglo flashers; Centerforce crutch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

[ I do have a bone stock '01 Cobra (Seriously, I plan to keep it that way). [/quote]

No way bet ya juice or S/C it by next year trying to beat up all the LT1 /LS1 out there you do not strike me as a person that likes loosing due to lack of power. However sounds like you had that whipper snapper pegged as far as driveing goes good kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:28 am 
 WWW  Profile

Gladd to hear you are having fun with it already! I am going to Ft.Hood in Febuary. We will have to get together somtime. I would like a shot at both of em, and I owe you a rematch! lol

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:15 pm 

What are you gonna be doing in FT Hood?

That does sound kewl. Ennis TX (Texas Motorplex) is between us, and they have some pretty okay events. (But not in february :( )

Hopefully I will have part II of my master plan in effect by then. I got such a screaming deal on the '01 that right now the car is worth about 8k more than I owe, so I'm waiting for somebody that got a new one to realize its maybe to pricey and trade it in ;).

1994 Z28 fast getting faster, politically incorrect
2001 cobra #1450 of 3867 Born on 06/07/01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I am PCSing there! Yippee! How far do you think you are from Ft.Hood (Killen Tx)? I dont have the foggiest where Ft.Sill is in O.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I am PCSing there! Pippee! How far do you think you are from Ft.Hood (Killen Tx)? I dont have the foggiest where Ft.Sill is in O.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:27 pm 

Thats cool your going to hood. It is located in a great place. Killeen is maybe not your cup of tea, but its close to Austin, Dallas and San Antonio. There is about 310 miles between Ft Sill and Ft Hood, but Dallas is fairly close to middle ground. We can meet up in Ennis and put about 10 buses on Jordon!!!

1994 Z28 fast getting faster, politically incorrect
2001 cobra #1450 of 3867 Born on 06/07/01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:51 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
put about 10 buses on Jordon!!!

I doubt that!!! :D

Last edited by JackZ28 on Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

300 mi is nothing! We will have to get together! I take it you have been to Hood before? Is there any 1/4 tracks around in the area? I have never been to Tx before. I also have a few buddies that are there with tools out the a$$. We are all going to go in and rent a shop with a few bays. I hope to find a few old musclecars they as well to toy with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

300 mi is nothing! We will have to get together! I take it you have been to Hood before? Is there any 1/4 tracks around in the area? I have never been to Tx before. I also have a few buddies that are there with tools out the a$$. We are all going to go in and rent a shop with a few bays. I hope to find a few old musclecars they as well to toy with.