F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Ah...my 1st kill of the Infamous M5!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:24 pm 
Needs a Job

Man it was a good day today. I was heading home but decided against it and hit A6 towards Mannheim to stretch her legs before hibernation. Steady cruise of 110mph in 5th so I could hear the baby purr. Pass Wattenheim and decide to turn around and I look in my mirror and see a set of fogs and some blue type of headlights pop out of nowhere. It was a BMW I just didn't know what and the thing was flared like you wouldn't believe. Sky blue 01-02' M5 metallic paint w/ some huge steam rollers on all 4 corners slammed to perfection. I could see that in my rear alone. :)

Well I decide lets play and I never took her out of 5th and just roll on the throttle once traffic permitted. 110 went to 150 like it wasn't nothing and he's still back but fading noticeably past 150mph and this was through a nice bend on the bahn. The Toy is just screaming full exhaust open so he could hear what the hell just happened. So I slow down and let him pass and I see this thing. GAWD it was beautiful and he has some serious money in it. Exhaust pipes that were clearly aftermarket and a full roll cage. I see 4 passengers 2 blondes in the back and I give him a thumbs up! They respond in kind and he just launches it I didn't even hear him downshift the thing and the baby just propelled like out of a canon! I even heard the exhaust note sweet and raspy. Put 2 car lengths on me like it was nothing. So I figued he must've just been playing w/ me and I drop from 5th to 3rd @ 100mph the tires barked and hooked and gained on him so quickly I scared myself. You could clearly see twin puffs of smoke come out the rear of the m5 when he shifted 4th or 5th? I looked down at the speedo and it's pegged and the rpms are climbing to 6200 and before I could get to 5th I damn near rammed him.....I closed that fast on him. He moves over and waves. 2 KM he exits. Wish it would've just been a single driver the outcome may have been closer but seeing how I closed on him so quick I don't think it would've matter'd.

As he exits a new 7 series wants to play and I oblige that too. Lets just say for a 4 dr sedan the thing has ballz. The thing can move but it wasn't a close by far but I respect nonetheless.

Man I need more kills! I'm heading back out tomorrow to stroll the bahn again this time I heading to Darmstadt and see what's out there.

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

sounds like you had a busy day good kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:52 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

beast kills are always the sweetest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:21 pm 

WOO HOO!!! nice.

Next time race him for the blondes!!! :)

1994 Z28 fast getting faster, politically incorrect
2001 cobra #1450 of 3867 Born on 06/07/01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:13 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Screw that, race him for pink slips!! :p Nice one John.. I would have liked to have seen the look on his face. He's probably put well over 100 g's in to that thing!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

He would probably run faster without those huge tires and flares. Extra weight doesn't hurt that much on those speeds, but aerodynamics do.