F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: run-4-cover vs. LT-1.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:32 am 

Well it's your favorite 4 cyclinder driver on a rampage again! Finally caught one of you f-body boyz slippin. I don't even know if this guy knows about this site, but he's here in schweinfurt, said he not too long bought this car, I've seen it before though. It's a silver Z28 (6m) with factory chrome wheels, otherwise looks stock. Well I walk into the craft shop(auto skills center) and Glen is giving me the normal harrassing ;) ...he made a comment to this guy with the LT-1 about how he should stomp all the "little" 4 cylinders around town. The guy replies, "I have been doing that!".....I reply, "guess you missed one!".....so we agree to a race from a roll, but it was raining that day, so we didn't go. Now, I'm out minding my business last night pumping gas, when my boy that was riding with me says, "there's that kid with the silver camaro", about the time i turn around to look, he throws me a rev. We jump in the car and start to follow him towards neiderwern road. We hit a light where we had to make a left, when the light changed he pulled off one hell of a nice power slide, I was impressed. well...to make this story shorter, we finally get next to each other at about 30 or 40mph (i wasn't looking at my speedometer)...i let him take the hit.....he jumps a full carlength in front of me.....turbo spools up, and it's on now!!!....i closed his lead to a half car as i change into the next gear(dunno which gear, because i alwayz just leave it in "d")....i see him grab another gear, but I'm closing in on him fast!.....we blew by this guy like fast enough to make my passenger start laughing out loud....i put about a car length on him and slow down.....he pulls up, and i put down the window to see if he wants another try.....he yells over, "I got you off the jump, but you got me on top-end!"....cool guy too. So chalk up another victory for r-4-c :).....now the stats....i had one passenger and he did too....his car is stock, except for a k&n filter in the stock airbox, a ported and polished graneteli mass air meter, 160 degree thermostat and the ecu reprogrammer(I forgot who makes it) , i think his exhaust is stock too. I know all this, because he was putting it on the car the day i seen him at the craft shop. Oh yeah, I crushed a stock L89 vette (automatic)from a dead stop three times ....but that was expected anywayz :) now, if some of you LS1 boyz and girlz care to play, just call me out! warning: if you can't beat a new porsche 911 carrera on the bahn, then you probably don't wanna try me ;)....walked one friday on A7 comming from illeshiem three times. we started at 160kph....he was a half car ahead until 200kph , by 240 he was a half car behind me and losing ground....hahaha....hit my speed limiter somewhere past 260kph. The guy driving was cool though, after it was all over we waved and went our seperate ways. Enjoy. final tally; r-4-c :2 ....f-body boys and girlz : 0! hahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:14 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Sounds like a good run . I guess you want to try some tuffer stuff. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:20 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Good job R4C. Be proud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:29 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Hey did you tell him about the board? Maybe get 'The Rest of the Story' from him.

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:32 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Sorry I guess I double posted on this one... Garry, how do I delete a double post? Well I guess I can't, there is no delete post button anymore.

Rob

Last edited by RT1 on Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:39 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Thats a good question . And now the rest of the story :burnout:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:11 pm 

there is no rest of the story....i don't know the guy, just met him at the craft shop and he remembered my car. If you don't believe me, then c'mon and race me yourself, so i can write a kill story about you too ;).....everyone who knows me, knows i have no reason to lie....just ask the green firebird from geib that was behind me that one day ;)....i'm getting bored, i want tougher stuff....somebody give me a reason to do some more mods....damn!!! can't be that hard!...i only got a big intercooler, 3" exhaust and a air filter! hahaha....to top that off, it's a freakin auto!...you might own me on the drag strip, but if i catch you on the street, it's gonna be a different story! hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:21 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Hey No problem My semi stock SS is ready . You can probably catch on the first good friday in May In Nurnberg. But my offer is still out for a run at Hocken heim or Nuerbergring, or even a lowly autocross. I 've been beaten by naturally aspirated 4cyl cars on a track. You might have a chance . Autobahn would be about worthless unless you can go roughly about 300-305 kph.
But hey I always packin video when i head out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:07 pm 

you seem to be missing my point, i don't build my cars to run on any sort of track period....STREET cars is what i do. You could beat me on an autocross because you can probably drive better than me....just what kind of chance do you think an automatic trannied car has on a tight autocross track!?!?! why do we need to wait until may? my car will have alot more done to it by then...i wanna see where it stands now.305kph!?!?! ...160-270kph is good enough, don't you think? if your car will hit 305kph you must have 400+hp pushing you down the road, otherwise I'm not buying that one, do i look like bo-bo the clown? and if you can hit ~181mph...it will take you all day to do it. While I was home, I took my 500+hp 300zxtt to 160mph and felt it didn't get there fast enough, and that car is geared for the highway(3.69 final drive)...0.32 drag coefficient(if i aint mistaken)....7500rpm rev limiter....and you can do 180+mph!?!?!....please tell us you were just playin!....hahaha....i told yall once, LS1's start to run out of steam at 120mph...period!! raced plenty of 'em....i will drive down to nurnberg and run you to ~270kph with my waaay under 300hp 200sx, and i bet you $100.00 that if you can beat me from 160kph to 260 it won't be by more than a carlength(what you'll get when we first hit it)....as long as your car is as stock as you make it appear.;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:51 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Okay
First things first
1. I donot know how to track cars . I wish I did.

2. Auto tranny cars have damn good chance at auto cross . I believe you underestimate what your car actually can do at autox.

3. 160-270 is fine with me or even 0-270 would even be better. If Iam ahead by a carlength that is still considered a win in my book.

4. Leave BOBO alone.

5. I'll let you be the judge of how stock it is .

6. Lets just leave money out of it, but if you insist then lets go for 2out of 3 for 500EURO. The course is down A7 starting at the A3/A7 cross and ends at the Golhofen exit.

Rules : No passing on the right . If traffic is encounter in the Left lane racing stops until the lane is cleared and then continued.

Where do get info that LS1 run out of steam at 120mph. Plenty of LS1 drivers run out of steam at 120. Its just not there cup of tea . 120 mph is the sweet spot in 4th gear for an ls1, and it only just gets better in 5th.

Just an FYI, I never play . If I told you a mosquito could pull a plow. Then you better hook it up. But I didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:52 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

run-4-cover wrote:
there is no rest of the story

I am not sure how it didn't come up in conversation. Like...'I am gonna have to post this on that Camaro/Firebird board that I am always talking chit on'

Quote:
just ask the green firebird from geib that was behind me that one day

This isn't the other LT1 win you were talking about, is it? The 'No Passing Zone' kill? :lol: :lol:

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:47 pm 

Roy...i like your sense of humor...hahaha...i'm not messing with bobo!....I can play by your rules, the money bet was only about the 305kph thing...i'm all about having fun. Tell me what's done to your ride, i won't back down regardless ;)....I just like to measure my mods performance as I go along, so when i give advice to someone else that might be following in my footsteps, i can give them a' " for example, at this stage..." scenerio ;) . I know my car won't do well on auto-x, tranny shifts at too many different points depending on pedal position, rpm's, etc... it'll constantly be up shifting and down shifting. Can't be good on the longevity of the tranny ;). RT1...I asked the guy when i first met him if he knew about this board, he said no....he's supposed to be leaving soon, if i see him, i'll tell him to come on here and confirm what i said, just to make you feel better ;)....So, when is this race gonna happen roy? may, or as soon as we get some dry roads (which will probably be may anywayz)? ;)...yall, be safe and take care, and watch out for little sneaky four cylinders! hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:17 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

I am all in it for the fun also . It also looks like May would be the earliest,due to situations happening now . Don't knowwhat the future holds but I guess lots of sun and sand is in my future horizon.
Lose win or Draw when I come there , you will show me the town won't ya.

Everything I did to my car I have done myself except for the brakes and the PCM reflash. Iestimate the power to be about 390-400 at the fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:14 pm 

Don't feel bad , looks like I'm headed that way too (sand box). Sure, I'll show you schweinfurt, nothing to it really. 390-400 at the fly? you call that near stock!?!?! hahaha...glad the money bet is off....that's gonna be a painful one for me! ;)...guess i better beat on some of your lesser bretheren to ease the pain of that encounter :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:08 am 
Site Admin

R-4-C i will play do not under estimate Roy could get ya stomped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:02 am 

Hahaha...if he's making the power he says, I have no doubt roy will wax me, wait a minute, didn't I say that above ;) ....I told yall, my car is making well below 300hp at the fly, it's the weight and gearing that's making it hard for ~3400lb. cars to run with me ;)....Hawk, tell you what, me and you on a highway run from ~100kph...once with you on the bottle, and as many times as you want with you off ;)....I keep telling yall, the longer yall wait, the faster I get...I'm just not doing any mods now, because I decided to sell my current turbo setup and go with something larger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

dude that is Hawks 3rd gear G-spot for me would not need the bottle and you would loose site of me pretty quick. Lets put it this way 0-100 MPH is about 9 seconds on the bottle and 10 off the bottle. However you could tell me what super + exhaust smells like. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:55 pm 

Nuff talk, lets do it! you should know by now I won't ever back down from a race, especially from a roll.....hahaha...do you have any idea how much my car weighs? or the gear ratios(specifically the final drive)? or how much hp it's making?....didn't think so....lemme let you do some mathematics for a sec. your hawk weighs ~3400lbs......my 200sx weighs ~2800lbs. ;).....i dunno what your ford final rear end ratio is?...hahaha.....mine is 3.69.....and my tranny has a 1:1 lock-up converter ;)...now do the math and tell me how much hp(flywheel works fine) I need to have a power-to-weight ratio like you? The answer may surprise ya! In case you don't know; power-to-weight= (the weight of your car divided by the hp).....does this tell you why i can stomp the daylights out of a stock LT-1? oh yeah, my car came stock with 200hp and 200lb.ft. torque.....it ran 15.2 stock, and a 14.2 with the mods I have now....enjoy! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:00 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I will race you when it gets warmer. I will not mess around in the Winter. I will tell you this, though, you better come prepared. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:13 pm 

Not a problem, I feel you for not messing around in the winter, trust me, if everything goes as planned, I'll be prepared ;)