F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 2003 Cobra
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:15 am 

Well I finally got to race one last week. It had a chip burned and a smaller pully. He said he was ushing 22lbs of boost. Well any way I got to race him at Fayettevilles freaky friday race night. These are races that go on until the sun comes up. I was there racing till 3 in the morn. Well any way I lined up with him and got him straight out of the hole and kept the lead till the end. Needless to say he was really pissed. There was about four 03 Cobras there that night one had all the bells and whistles. He raced a 02 Viper and killed it. Well now that I have slicks I am running 12s and I know I will make 11s with a little more tweaking. Oh and I sold my Camaro so the only car I have now is my mustang but I am in the process of getting a T-trim for her. If I am in the 12s with an A- trim I know I will be knocking on 10s door with a T-trim. Of course I will have a dyno tune and 42 lbs injectors. Thats whats nice about living down the road from True Blue Performance and Randy Haywood. RobH knows who I am talking about. So if there is anyone headed to the Bragg or Pope area let me know and i will show you all the race areas. Oh and by the way I am getting my front left wheel off the ground when I launch. And this is the same mustang I was driving in Germany with no new mods except slicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:44 pm 

woo hoo! Good kill!! Thats a big jump from an A to a T trim, you will definately be hauling the mail then.

I have a love hate thing going for the 03's. If i had one I would love it, but I dont, so I hate it LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:56 am 

Yeah I was stoked when I beat him. I have been wanting ti race one sice I got here. I had a kid come in front of my house trying to get me to rae his 97 convertable , stock 4.6 mustang. He even did a burn out in front of my house. After I ripped his ass off for being stupid I let him look under my hood. He didnt want to race any more. I know there is a big difference in the A & T trim . I am not getting enough effenceincy out of the a trim. And I am only getting 5 lbs of boost with it but with the T-trim I am going to go up to 10 which will make all of the difference. I am trapping 114 mph right now with the A-trim so I know 120 is quite easy with the T-trim. I drove a 98 cobra today it had exhaust and 4:10 gears it was nice but nothing like my 306. I tell you though there are some import here that are fast as hell. There is a eagle talon doing 12 flat and a Supra doing 10.5 and thats with him letting out of it before the finish line. Thats why I think I am going to build a 408 windsor and AFR 205's with the T-trim and 9 inch rear end I would be making around 700 horses so says True Blue Performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

I will be PCSing in Mar prolly Bragg. Well maybe we will still have a chance to race? I will be PCSing without my wife and son so I will have plenty of time to race imports. BTW I picked up some more hapees during the last rebuild guessing 600 RWHP these days. still have not got air under the FL tire but very close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:39 pm 

SOUNDS LIKE ME AND YOU WILL HAVE IT OUT AFTER ALL. I hope I will have mine together by then. If I go with the 408 you will need all 600 of those horses. You will like it here they race every thursday and sunday night. I will tell you this though the elevation change is noticeable here. Mustang does run stronger. So when do you think you will be coming this way? As sson as you know drop me a line. So with the new rebuild what time slips are you posting. I will try to get a pic posted of my front tire off the ground soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:51 am 
Site Admin

I do not have a solid 1/4 timeslip but I got a 7.68 @ 93 MPH 1/8 with a 1.77 60 ft. BTW my car runs better far end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:33 pm 

I know what you mean by the far end mine is the same way. So when do you think you will be over here. Just to warn you a head of time we are getting a lot of rain. Its like it followed me from Germany to here. So you finally got your 60 foot times out of the 2+ range. I am still working on that one. So is your 600 N/A or on the bottle? And are you still @ 175 or did you anny that up too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:39 pm 
Needs a Job

Mike you know Bruxe isn't gonna anser that question. LOL... anything regarding setup is like area 51 w/ Bruce. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:00 am 

any mustang with a T-trim is mucho MASSIVE, so I think he will be okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:43 am 
Site Admin

I will take the 5th but it is only a conservitive guess with juice