F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 2003 COBRA #2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:12 am 

I got to race another 2003 Cobra today. This one had a dyno tune from True Blue Peformance and a smaller pully and an exhaust system. The first run he got me out of the hole and kept it I could not get traction at all. I was spinning all the way through 3rd gear and he was running with drag radials. So I asked him if he would rum me again if put my slicks on(26x8.5 MT's). He said yes real cocky like (I guess he thought I was that slow) and that just pissed me off so at the line I side stepped the clutch at 4000 rpms highest yet. I got air under my front left tire by about 6-8 inches. If you are saying wow 4000 rpms big deal well I am still running a stock T-5 tranny ( weak as hell). I beat him by 2 car lengths. I cant wait till I get my tune next month. sorry I dont have times for this run lighting struck the system ealier this week so we just grudged race. It was still fun. There is another 03 cobra here but he run 11.5 and he is moving I am going to run him after I get my tune an dchip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:37 am 

Good kill, but I wouldnt piss in to many of they're wheaties bowls..............an '03 is an easy 11 second player, with less than 1k invested.

With that eaton blower, or god forbid the Kenny bell blower you will have hell to pay catching them coming out the hole. Especially with them running up to 20psi on the stock block/internals.

My Gawd they have to be the nastiest car on the earth right now. Nitrous Pete is already running in the 9's............how long did it take an LT1/LS1 to do that?????????????

I know this is an F body board, but DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:17 pm 

Believe me I already know these cars are bad to the bone. It just feels good to beat one every once in a while. But if I dont keep modding my car they will blow me away. If that guy gets slicks then he will eat my ass up. Thats why I am going bigger, There was a 98 cobra there with a t-trim and he was runnung low 11's. Then there was a 2000 GT sniffen the giggle juice and he was scrapeing his back bumper when he launched . I could of walked under the front of his car it was that high! There was also a 98 firebird taking his front end up at least a foot when he launched. This is the stuff I am loving about being back in the states but I do miss the BAHN!!!!