F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:53 am 
Site Admin

I am going to instigate a bit. :D Like I said Some ZO6 are slow because of there drivers. some mustangs are fast because of there drivers. Bottom line money buys power skill makes them quick not saying I have either. I seem to spin 1.7 is my best 60 ft time so I have alot to learn there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:40 pm 
No Life

Hawk,
I couldn't of said it better myself :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ok so the 03 Cobra is the baddest muscle car out for 2003.....I'll agree on that......but.................that is only because GM doesn't have anything else out (in the same class as the Mustang)so Ford wins by default. I've driven a 02 Mustang and it had to be about the most uncomfortable car (in all aspects) I've driven besides my wifes old GEO METRO. I like the looks but that is it, IMPHO. It could make 1000hp from the factory I wouldn't buy it. I've always liked the Firebird line, I guess that's why I have 2 of them. I'll just dump more money into it and keep my Firechicken. You can bet your last red cent that I'll make the Cobras and anything else out there work for the kill.
Hey, how come I have yet to see any year Mustangs do the auto-x in Bitburg?????? I like the 1/4 too but I still have yet to have one hang with me on the back road twisties. Just my $.02

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:59 pm 

Firechicken wrote:
Hawk,
I couldn't of said it better myself :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ok so the 03 Cobra is the baddest muscle car out for 2003.....I'll agree on that......but.................that is only because GM doesn't have anything else out (in the same class as the Mustang)so Ford wins by default.

are your serious? there never has been anything in GM's line that could compete with the '03 Cobra. Nothing, Nada, Zilch.......not a Zl1, not a ZR5 nothing............

Any car thay puts down 390rwhp Stock, stock, Stock................lets not forget with a swap of blowers 650rwhp Stock, stock, stock..............

you have to be kidding me.

Admit it, the DOHC 32V was tailor made for boost. Heck, there are 01's putting down 450+ with a S trim and nothing more?! GM gave up the good fight and started making trucks. Go ahead, I dare you, bring up the Pontiac Vibe and my SVT Focus will own all over it. Not what you had it mind? Bring up the SSR.....I thought so. The only thing left is the Zo6. Always the Vipers B#tch, and now owned by the Terminator.

Work for its kills? Pawhlesss........... with a pulley/air filter/catback, the 03 is putting down over 450rwhp. How do them taillights look?

Time to smell the coffee.

PS this is coming from a LT1 owner with more money than I care to admit invested. Can I smoke most any terminator I come a cross? Yes (I havent forgot HAWK :) ) but if I had it to do over, with the benifit of foresite, you can bet your butt I would be driving a terminator.

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:02 pm 

as long as we're on the subject of DOHC cars. Lets not forget that the fastest LS1 of his time on this board (and still would be BTW) Hylander, realized that if you cant bet 'em, join 'em and bought a Lightning. He proceeded to put it in the 11's a couple months after that?

Coincedence???????????? Probably not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:00 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Hey Rob
I do believe a Z06 with magnacharger is right there with . 550rwhp an light to boot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:46 am 
No Life

I'll just keep my ride no matter what makes better hp & tq. I waited 14 years to get my car and I'm not getting rid of it...I guess I'll just get owned by every 03 Cobra out there. As for the GM line up I couldn't agree with you more! As for the trucks I'll take the SRT 10..."stock" it's got the hp (500) and tq(525). Fact still remains .......if a person can't drive what they have they will get owned by eveybody out there. I'll put money on it that the Cobra I took down (wasn't a 03) will think twice about it everytime he sees my car. I don't claim to have the fastest ...probably one of the slower ones...but it's mine. We could talk "what ifs" all day but I won't waste your time.

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:54 am 
Site Admin

OK Fords are in a diffrent class with all those valves but GM LS engines will skull drag the modular ford NA.

Last edited by Hawk on Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:44 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

It all comes down to Ford's "If you can't beat 'em, blow them" approach. But remember the last time Ford tried to beat GM using natural aspiration, it was with a $55000 2 seat Mustang and the mags still picked the 375bhp Z06. Still, nice try.

The F-Body could never have competed with the 03 Cobra simply because the transmissions appear to be unreliable and the back axle would break and it was never going to be economically viable to replace those weak links even if they invested the time in strapping on a blower. Short term fix with a million warranty claims attached.

Just let's not forget that every stock Mustang without the blower still can't beat an LS1. And let's not also forget that Ford are not out of the woods yet when it comes to financial stability. GM are getting there with cars like the Cadillac Sixteen, the forthcoming 500bhp Z06 C6 and I'm pretty sure we'll see a new Camaro based on the new Holden platform that GM are intent on pressing into service worldwide.

What GM need to do is get into profit and to do that, they need to define their brands, create halo products like Chrysler have with the Viper, Cruiser and Crossfire and then worry about Ford's ageing Mustang being faster than a defunct F-Body. It will be more interesting to see what Ford charge for the new Mustang and whether they need a blower to make that go fast too.

It took Ford long enough to catch up, GM aren't dead yet. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:50 am 

Oh lucifer i was gonna let it die, but you had to come with that :lol:

lets break it down point by point.

The '01 Cobra is N/A and is more than capable of running with a N/A LS1. Do they have to work for it more? Maybe.

Tranny issues? They have the same T56

The next lightning is gonna have 500+hp

The next Cobra (2006) will be easily the same. Seems the 4.6 takes to the eaton blower better than the 5.4

And to add to that, although its apples to oranges, the car you mention was a one off FR500 (I'm guessing thats what you meant), but John Coletti did meet up with Chevy for a bragging rights drag race, and beat him N/A-N/A.

Dont get me wrong guys, I admit that the LS1 is a bad boy. But Ford rules the roost right now. To say they had to put a blower on it is plain ricer talk. I suppose the Grand National GNX is not a real car cuz they couldnt do it N/A, but FACTORY BOOSTED?

The mustangs last year on this body style is this year, so the ageing body is a moot point.

Did it really take that long for Ford to catch up? Let me direct your attention to the 87-92 5.0 mustang vs. the 87-92 F body ? :roll: seems to me, they gave up 10 years. I dont think either mark has ever held the upper hand, and if the truth be known, the mustang probably has been on top the longest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:46 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Rob
You did your home work A little .
As former stanger( still am deep in my heart) I rulledthe roost in Germany from From 89 to 92 in Europe . It was flat out the best bang for the buck. Iwished i never sold that car. It was my First.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:52 am 

Roy with a stang now I would of like to seen that. And rob is right about 87 thru 92 camaros were very weak and a stang 5.0 would walk over them. Even a stock stang would kill a slightlymodified 3rd gen. So Roy what all was done to your stang. Today I drove the 2003 mach mustang and let me tell you that is one sweet ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:01 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Not too much.
FMS spring kit , Koni DA dampers all around, SVO rear rear disk brakes Gt 40 intake, and headers, ported gt40heads ,B303 Cam ,36lb injectors,and the Crane 5.0 computer tuner. That was it. Nothing fancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:06 am 

36LBS INJECTORS!!!! Damn I bet you were running fat. You should of only had 24lbs in it. Those Gt 40 heads are nice arnt they? So you had a 5 lug onversion on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:20 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Actually The SVO dept (now SVT) recommended the injectors saying the stock ones were not up to the task with the B303. As for the five bolt conv. Nope I just got the 4bolt rear conversion to put disks on. Ask Nick about a a trip to Pfaffenhausen to to visit Ruf GMBH. ,and a certain runin on a back road with a Corrado. I learned from that day forward that brakes are everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:20 pm 

I guess they were not making the 25lbs injectors back then. Because the size you should of used. WHen I was running NA I had 30lbs injectors and I was running fat. And I had a lot more mods than what you had. And my cam is equal to an F-cam by lunati. I plan on doing a similar set up on my wifes car that you had except she will get an e- cam . Then when I go to my 393 she will get my 308 engine, but she will run her 19 lbs injectors I will just turn up the pressure and it will be just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:33 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

....and you guys said I have no life!! :roll:

You all can say whatever you want about the LS1, but it has truly revolutionized the racing industry, and only continues to improve with age.

The Mustang is definitely getting faster, but in my personal opinion, DAMN IT IS HIDEOUS... The only thing I like about it is the wheels.. I like the fact that they put the Old Cobra rims on the GTs..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:48 am 

Hey Jack that is a nice looking car you are next to in your sig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:15 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

yeah, it's ok, but slow as heck. It only beat me by like a tenth... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:00 pm 

LOL Yeah but we only ran once. You were the only car there that day that gave me a run. Other than the black supercharged cobra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:31 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Not bad for just a cam and some long tubes!!! :wink: