F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: I Almost Felt BAD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:53 am 
No Life

At 0600 this morning I took the Firechicken out to see if I had fixed the vibration in the rearend (starts at 135mph). I get on A3 in Idstien heading towards Wiesbaden, they have the lanes narrowed for construction so I'm taking it easy cruising at 60mph. As I'm passing 2 cars I notice a set of lights coming up behind me, I move to the right. As the car starts to passes me it slows down and stays even with me. It was a Bright Red Celica (new one) with all the trimmings (big spoiler, wide wheels, looked lowered, even had a nice ground effects kit on it). I thought that he would take off but no SIR he stayed right with me through the construction. I see the sign for end of construction 600meters and down shift to 5th, then to 4th. We exit out of the construction and he steps on the go pedal, I decide I really want to see what he has so I start taking off and pull in behind him. By this time we are doing about 100mph (I'm still in 4th), I've got plenty of go pedal and 2 gears left :twisted: . I'm done playing it's time to see what he really has, I move to the right come along side him slowed for just a moment and hammered away. At 115mph grabbed 5th continued to pull away, (135mph no more vibration) 140mph grabbed 6th and ran it till I burried the speedo. As I looked back there was only alittle set of lights in the review. I almost felt bad.....almost.....till this thought came to mind...WOW I COULD OF HAD A V8 :-eek: !!!!!!!!!!! I let off and slowed to 110mph, then,...... he finally passes me I and just laughed :mrgreen: . I had a funny feeling that it wouldn't be much of a contest but I had to do it :twisted:

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:31 am 
Headin' for a divorce

You are a Bully
But what was the root of your vibrations that you had?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:24 pm 
No Life

Roy,
I took it into the craftshop and found that all 4 tires where 2-2.5 lbs low on air. I rebalanced the 2 back tires, right rear (threw a wheel weight)needed more weight and left side needed less. NO leaks on the 9in anywhere :D and everything is still tight to torque specs :D . The one thing that I have noticed is when I changed the clutch I put Royal Purple in the trans and I have alot more noise and some vibration from the trans itself. I'll end up switching back to the GM stuff to quite it down again. Oh I forgot to tell you, I did my first test on the 9in as far as launchs go.......dead stop (TCS off of course)..... 4500rpms on the tach......side stepped it........nothing but tire smoke :burnout: and bright blue light :wink: (from the shift light). NO problems except........traction :-eek: I know I was being a bully but I was hungry for some RICE :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:47 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I see ... many ... trips to ... the tire shop ... in your near future ;) And you thought AutoX was tough on your tires ... :lol:

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:02 pm 

Thats what I am talking about keep them kills coming. I can only talk about kills at the track now. Everytime I get the chance to get a street kill there is a cop right around the corner. And the chaser cars they use here in NC are 2002 LS1 camaros. Trying to out run them is going to be damn near impossible. My wife on the other hand gets street kills all the time. Most of the rice cars here are always half finished projects. I dont think I see a complete one but once in a blue moon. Good kill though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:28 pm 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

There will be plenty of kill stories after the meeting this weekend. The only problem is that they will all be in Go Karts. Better than nothing huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Good kill I guess I will get the Hawk out later today for tome killing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:29 am 
Needs a Job

Val what type of GM trans fluid you talking about? Is it synthetic? I noticed when I took my Mobil syn out and put that aafes crap in there it's making all kinds of noises. Problem is they don't carry any syn tran around here and if they do it costs a fortune. Ryan and myself need some bad.

May just bite the bullet and order Redline or Amsoil since I see guys picking it up from the PO on a regular basis it seems. Didn't even know they could ship tranny, oil etc the our mail system.

Nice slaughter by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:24 pm 
No Life

I was going to put some Mobil 1 dextron III in it. I was wrong about the Royal Purple.......I thought it was going to be good stuff. Next time I'll listen to the all the posts and stay away from it. I order fluid through the mail all the time with no problem. LG ships it without question. Summit Racing on the other hand.......well it just depends on who is taking the order. I had them send some and the last time they wouldn't. Thunder Racing will send it no problem too.