F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: '03 Cobra
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:29 am 
 WWW  Profile

Man... this was one of THE best runs of my life thus far!

My friend has an '03 Cobra tuned with that Predator thing and then exhaust sans headers and 8 psi... a solid 12 second car. We went from 15-140mph on Sat night and I was side by side with him until we shut down. We were both supried like no other about how the run went, so needless to say, the longtubes REALLY helped my car! I'm taking it to the nearest track the day before Thanksgiving and gunning for high 12's at 110+ on street tires.

I know it's not a true kill, but I'm just STOKED that a lid, GMAF, and full exhaust has me running right with a modded '03 Cobra! :mrgreen:

'01 Camaro SS #0034
338 RWHP
353 RWTQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:37 am 
Headin' for a divorce

:shock: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:11 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

8) :twisted: Can't wait to read about the replies that this post will get! Wonder what kind of excuses a couple of others will come up with! :lol:
Nice "kill".

http://members.cardomain.com/dumaisk
http://community.webshots.com/album/113580439DwJndn/0
Yes, I'm a caraholic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:15 pm 

driving abilities baby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:12 pm 
Needs a Job

Nice run! When you due to come over here and join us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:34 am 
 WWW  Profile

ZBLKHELLRZR wrote:
Nice run! When you due to come over here and join us?

Thanks guys!

I should be there right around New Years... IF everything pans out. I'm having issues with the contact people over there, and I STILL have no housing! Consequently I have yet to purcahse my plane tickets, as if the deal fall through, I have NO desire to eat the cost of them... I'd be doing more to try and find my own housing but I have about zero time, as I have 6 classes that I MUST paas so I CAN student teach...lol

I wish I could bring my car, but that's a no go... I'm SERIOUSLY gonna miss it while I'm there... I'll have to bum rides off some of you guys in the Sembach area in order to get my fix. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:42 am 
Needs a Job

Why aren't you bringing your car?! Are you crazy or something? You are gonna wish you had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:43 am 
 WWW  Profile

ZBLKHELLRZR wrote:
Why aren't you bringing your car?! Are you crazy or something? You are gonna wish you had.

I'm only supposed to be there from 4 Jan until 30 April... then I come back to the States, so it wouldn't be worth it to take the car. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:03 am 

SSZ28 wrote:
8) :twisted: Can't wait to read about the replies that this post will get! Wonder what kind of excuses a couple of others will come up with! :lol:
Nice "kill".

I assume you mean me? 8)

Its not that I dont believe that, its the uneducated that think because its a Ford its slow.

Regardless of if you believe me, or value my opinions, Im deep in this sport around here. If its ran, I've seen it...Dyno/Autocross/Drag.

What kills me is the BS that people spew just because they dont like a car/company (like that isnt stupid).

Can a LS1 with minor mods beat/stay with a modded '03? Sure it can. You dont know about the battles I had when I said mod for mod a LT1 can hang with a LS1 (and I still stick to that BTW) AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN BEAT BY A LS1....(grin)

Its not about the car with me, its about the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:40 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Rob I'm teary eyed over that . Are you getting all gospel or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:13 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I'll admit that Ford has come a long way and GM needs to catch up. Just look at the "super trucks". Lightning, SRT Ram, and the SS Silverado. (What is the SS doing here in this class when it can't keep up and yet the price is not much lower than the other two?) As far as Mustangs go, yes the 5.0s were a great bang for the buck and Ford was stupid to change to something slower (at that time). (Remember the Rustang II?) I do remember that when I bought my SS new, the base Mustang would be outrun by the V-6 F-Body, the Z-28 would easily kill a GT, (the V-6 F-Body would keep up with it :lol: ). The Z-28 was about the same as the Cobra which was to compete against the SS. BTW, the SS beat the Cobra and was about the same as the Cobra R which sold for about twice as much. All it needed was a cat-back and a K&N filter to compete (total- $300). Sooooo, back when my car was purchased, the logical decision was to get a SS as it would keep up with it's rival which went for almost twice as much. I just don't have the $$$ to change or upgrade whenever something "new and improved" came out.
I'm in a way glad that Ford is coming out with some faster cars, gives GM something to strive for. Without a "rival" to outrun, what's the point in trying to produce something faster and cheaper? If there was no competition, we'd all be driving Trabants. :cry:
btw, I would love to have a 67-69 Fastback or a Cobra ('60s)

http://members.cardomain.com/dumaisk
http://community.webshots.com/album/113580439DwJndn/0
Yes, I'm a caraholic.

Last edited by SSZ28 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:01 am 
 WWW  Profile

RobH wrote:

I assume you mean me? 8)

Its not that I dont believe that, its the uneducated that think because its a Ford its slow.

Regardless of if you believe me, or value my opinions, Im deep in this sport around here. If its ran, I've seen it...Dyno/Autocross/Drag.

What kills me is the BS that people spew just because they dont like a car/company (like that isnt stupid).

Can a LS1 with minor mods beat/stay with a modded '03? Sure it can. You dont know about the battles I had when I said mod for mod a LT1 can hang with a LS1 (and I still stick to that BTW) AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN BEAT BY A LS1....(grin)

Its not about the car with me, its about the truth.

I agree totally. I'm a car enthusiast in general, so I could care less about brands and whatnot. Yes, I have a certain allegience to Chevy, but who doesn't care for one brand more than another? I play with cars because I love them. Period. :)

The LS1s you encountered must have been slow... :P I've disproven your theory on several accounts, to the tune of bus lengths, not car lengths. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:29 pm 

I went ovr to the ford side because I seen how well the 5.0 responds to mods. The smallest thing done to these cars an dthey would make leaps and bounds of improvment. Now I am a american car lover I would take a 69 plymouth cuda in a heart beat. I have owned all makes an d model from my 80 camaro to a 71 charger and a 69 mustang. I have had a total of12 different sports cars in my time. I am actually looking into getting another Camaro when I sell the one I have now. I want a LT1 Camaro with a six speed. I want to make a 383 stroker for it. But that will only happen after I am done with my stang which is a few thousand dollars away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:48 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I have SOOOO many friends with 5.0s it's not even funny. They got them for the same reason you say... great mod response. They are also a dime a dozen, just like their aftermarket parts, so they are VERY affordable. With the cash I spent on my SS I could have built 2, maybe 3, 9 second Mustangs. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:37 pm 

Quote:

The LS1s you encountered must have been slow... :P I've disproven your theory on several accounts, to the tune of bus lengths, not car lengths. :mrgreen:

Close, but the real answer is you havent encountered any LT1's like mine :)

Bus lengths..............HaHaHaHa, you kill me :)

Without getting to deep into it, the bottom line is...Stock on stock the Lt1 isnt in the same class as the LS1. When the mods start, the gap closes faster than you realize. The LT1 is alot like the 5.0. Not really maxed from the factory, and responds well to tweaks. Im not talking about some kid that bolted a flowmaster to his car, now it sounds good so it must be fast. Lets change heads/cam/etc. I gain 100+, you gain 50. See how this starts to work?

On a off topic(or is it on topic?) the fastest 03 is running 9.59 with a totally, BONE stock motor. Valve covers never been lifted. Just if you were wondering oh yeah, it dynos 1000hp+ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:50 pm 

So UAZ28SS WHAT KIND OF TIME SLIPS ARE YOU PULLING IN THAT CAR OF YOURS? I have got into the 11s with mine and I consider mine to be mild compared to a lot of 5.0s out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:52 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Rob you make me laufh, That was funny. I put heads and cam on my Ls1 and I got a hundred plus hp with out tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:42 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I'm not really into brand loyalty and will buy whatever I think is best. Now in my case, that doesn't always mean raw power and I wouldn't give up a space on the road outside my hose for a car as ugly as a pre '94 (??) Mustang but I do like the styling of the latest Mustang and would buy an 03 Cobra if one came up for the right money (not very likely in the UK, believe me).

But this is a personal opinion, in the looks and style department, the Mustang is an also ran next to the 4th gens and ONLY the 03 Cobra would swing it so far as the power differential is concerned and the ability to stoke the power even higher is a compelling reason to buy. But the fact remains that in the UK there are probably less than 5 cars and the chance of them losing value is very small which means the LS1, in F-Body or C5 form, is the obvious and probably only choice for us poor Brits.

So just be thankful you have the choice. LOL. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:18 am 
 WWW  Profile

80killer wrote:
So UAZ28SS WHAT KIND OF TIME SLIPS ARE YOU PULLING IN THAT CAR OF YOURS? I have got into the 11s with mine and I consider mine to be mild compared to a lot of 5.0s out there.

I'll have new slips the day before Thanksgiving. I have yet to run the car with the new LT's on it, but prior to them, the only hp adders I had were a lid, GMAF, and exhaust sans headers and cats. Prior to pulling the cats, I went 13.2 @ 109 on three consecutive passes with a 2.1 60'. I'm confident I'll see the 12's at 110+, hopefully 112 on my street tires, which is the only way I run my car. :)

'01 Camaro SS #0034
338 RWHP
353 RWTQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:26 am 

Roy wrote:
Rob you make me laufh, That was funny. I put heads and cam on my Ls1 and I got a hundred plus hp with out tune.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.............................. There is no, No, NO LS1 on this board that will beat me......................

I dont want to hear your typical response, I'm not interested in road course, 60-0, 100-0 times from your brakes............... if you really think you got 100hp from heads/cam, your mistaken. So you have the only LS1 in existance with less than 300hp stock? Gee, the full on Z06 is 365rwhp, so if you had the typical 305rwhp, now you have 400rwhp from only a cam head swap??????? C'mon man, most of us here have a small idea of cars and parts.

Before you start sending websites, yada, yada, yada............. I have GTP stage 3's and a custom cam...................can I pick up 100 from ONLY heads and cam? sure. You have what, ZO6 heads and a over the counter cam...............can you get 100 (seriously doubting that). C'mon man, you know better than this.

BTW a '03 Cobra picks up 65rwhp from a $60 pulley (couldn't resist that :) )