F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:33 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

Sounds like we've got an old fashioned pissing contest. First one to hit the cup wins!!

We can talk ALL day about this got me that, but a wise man on this board said "Run what you brung". That still rings true here.

100 HP from a head and cam swap is alot, but I've found that you trust people until there is a reason not to. I'm not saying its true, cause that is an insane increase, but give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Anyways, I haven't posted in forever, so I finally had something to say.

You two give 'em hell, and clean up when you're done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:00 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Rob I am still laughing , I thought you were better than that than to go for the cynical snipes and the dirt slinging. But , you and me both know we'll never run into each other . "He said POOP" Rob you treat me like itwas my first hot rod , I probably got more engine build time than you got drive time. And I mean that in earnest.

Besides your comparison of hp increase is lame , you gota 100 +rwhp increse from a stock engine that put out best a 250 -255 rwhp. Thats great that is awesome . I'm glad for ya , but don't go holier than thou on us. :)

Please have nice day and laugh on my behalf. You may beat the old SS and than you may not in the 1/4 but I bet it will be closer than you think . I rule every wher else .
:D
I still love ya man , but your not getting my Bud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:25 am 
Needs a Job

Man this is getting good. Don't stop now on the debate. This reminds me of the days of old w/ Mike and Ryan goin at it on the say whatever forum. :D

Ding Ding. Round 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:57 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Ah yes, the ole' LT1 vs. LS1 vs. 5.0 vs '03 Cobra. This rivalry will be around for quite some time, but I tell you this: Until you run someone, you can't say Jack about whether or not you would beat them. That is simply personal opinion and/or ideology. The simple fact is that the mods are nothing without a driver, so just because you might be making a little more power doesn't mean you will win. Just a thought. I'm not gonna argue, because most people on this board have way more knowledge than I, but come on now, let's be realistic people. You never got to race my LS1 Rob, so we'll never know who would have won, but when I raced you in George's car, we were neck and neck and he only had a few suspension mods, mid-length headers and an exhaust at that time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:08 pm 

Hey Rob I was wondering what kind of time slips you are pulling in your car? I dont think I have ever seen you post any. And Roy what kind of times do you think you could pull now after your mods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:55 am 
Headin' for a divorce

I believe I could possibly knock another 5seconds off my best time arund the ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:17 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Are you in the Hawk's league now, Roy? That would be interesting... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:07 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Naw , not there yet , I haven't or won't break a valve spring :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:11 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Didn't I see something about heads, though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:51 pm 

sSo how many horses are you pushing Roy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:49 am 
 WWW  Profile

Holy smokes.... LOL I really had no intentions of THIS happening, but hey... what can ya do? :P

Rob... my friend with the Cobra has that $60 pulley... is just waiting to install it due to lack of a $100 pulley puller.... lmao!

'01 Camaro SS #0034
338 RWHP
353 RWTQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:49 pm 

Dont be sorry this used to happen every week. I like the rival it makes things interesting. I was wondering Rob would your Camaro beat an 03 Cobra?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:00 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I'm looking forward to next Weds. night... I'm finally getting new times for the car at the nearest track to me. should be 12's at 110+ on street tires with a lid, GMAF, and full exhaust. :)

The whole rival thing is indeed interesting... I deal with it often on many othe boards that I belong to. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:59 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I agree that it's interesting, but I also feel some people get a little headstrong, and act like they know everything, and no one else knows anything... That's what I can't stand- that, and those who are so narrow minded, that they can't for one second comprehend the idea of someone else having a difference of opinion.. That is what probably disturbs me the most..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:47 pm 

heh, yeah i come off strong. :)

Roy??? Pawleessse

You really believe the stuff your shoveling? I only said i could/did gain (dyno proven) 100hp from only heads cam. Is that all im betting on?? NO!!! Am I spraying? YES. Do I have all the other bolt ons? Yes.

The LT1 stock heads suck beyond belief. Is there a good gain from changing them? Yes. Do/Did I have LT1 heads? No.

Jack, yes I beat you, was it because my car was faster. That remains to be seen, I believe it was the driver. I have video taken by Jeff on the autobahn where the same car tried to pull on me at 100mph and I almost rearended him?!? So I dont know.

Can I beat a bone stock '03 cobra.!? Yeah, I will humiliate him, but for crying out load. 1k gets you an 11 sec slip with street tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU GUYS NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL OF THIS CAR!!!!!!

I was done with board, but I came back ( BTW its because I'm not in Germany anymore, nothing else said or implied)

but since the wheel keeps spinning Im back HEH

.............I love you too Roy, and I believe you have the time tuning (age will do that) but dont assume I'm dumb just because I challenge you. Hey, you make mistakes too, (and in this case, you do). If you really want to embarres me, go to a major road course, and proclaim that you can smoke my SVT Focus on it :). That is a trick challenge btw, think about it.

rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:59 pm 

So what is your 1/4 mile times Rob I am just curious. And I do know the potential of these cars I run with them a lot here in N.C. They every where here. And a lot of them are getting tuned by Randy Haywood( who by the way opened his very own new shop.) So have seen first hand what these cars will do from mild to wild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:05 am 
 WWW  Profile

RobH wrote:
CAN YOU GUYS NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL OF THIS CAR!!!!!!

Anyone who CAN'T see the potential of the '03 Cobra is blind. There's no question that they are supurb cars that, with minimal effort, will attain 11's on street tires. The only pity I see in the whole deal is that the only way Ford can seem to keep up with Chevy is to slap a blower on their motor... do they have mentally impaired engineers that stop thinking past 320 n/a hp (supposedly)? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:40 am 

Ok you say ford can only get power with a blower but then the only way chevy could make power was to go up to a 5.7 liter. When chevy was in the 5.0 buissness they were total dogs. So a ford person could say "Chevy cant make power with a 5.o so they had to go with a bigger motor" So there is a bashing both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:15 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Rob
I didn't get it ,but pleeze the only place your SVT would stand a chancewould be in a tight coned autocross, Any where else and it wouldn't stand a chance. Shoot I'm tailhugging the new m3 's on the nuerburring and flat passing them in the straights on the hockenheim ring. So your little pocket rocket while impressive will not stand a chance.

Never said youwere dumb Rob, Iam sure you learn from your mistakes as I do. But if I tell you a mosquito can pull plow ,then it's gospel, Ivalue my integrity to the highest level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:18 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Rob, you are probably right. You probably have loads more experience with driving these cars..

BTW, can you post that video on here? I'd like to add it to my collection. 8)