F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Twingo beaten!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:20 am 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, I know, you think I´ve beaten a Twingo with my f-body, so what?

No - it was slightly different. Yesterday I was driving the Twingo of my wife. I was aproaching a traffic light, when the driver of the car behind me started furiously hitting the horn and flashed his headlights.

When I had to stop at the traffic light he went out of his car, came to my side window and started yelling at me. I shouted at him to back up and locked the door, so he started beating and kicking my car.

That was quite loud, so I decided I had to get out to have a look. The guy had damaged the whole left rear of the car, deep dents, cracked paint. It looked as if I had an accident. He said I took his right of way. Funny, ´cause I was on a main road and he must have come out of a side road.

The police took the record but said his insurance would not pay, ´cause he was not in his car and it wasn´t an accident. Turned out, that this guy was left by his fiancee just a few minutes before all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:26 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

What an idiot... :shock:

Anyway his Privathaftpflicht has to pay and if he doesn't have one it's up to himself! Hope you get your money!

Ben

Post subject: right of way
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:33 am 
 YIM  Profile

you from Germany?

if he was coming from the right - off a side street, and you didnt have a priority sign, then he has a right of way no matter what....even if it seems you are on a main drag....I've scared alot of Germans in the passenger side of my car cause I wasn't slowing down on a main drag at every side road to look to the right...later I noticed NO priority signs for me nor stop signs (like in the states) on the side roads. There are rules on yielding to priority, but whats renders to making an acception to safety (like them knowing they have priority but your halfway there they SHOULD not pull out...but they still do)...but if you are American, you will never win that one LOL. Here in Bitburg, itsnot that big of a town, but theres a traffic circle everywhere! German law states vehicles entering the circle have priority, unless there is a yield sign....BUT more than likely, there are always a yield sign at every entry to the circle. But there are always accidents in the incidence that someone is already at the enterance of the circle yielding, then someone just rushes into circle when you pull into the circle...them thinking they are on the right of you, assuming they have right of way and negating the yield sign.

1986 Buick Grand National -SOLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:51 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I don't give a rats azz who had priority! That behavior is unacceptable!

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:01 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I totally agree....pound on my FBody, get a pounding on your body!

I'm just seeing more and more tickets going to Americans when the Germans do the same crap....at least they leave me alone about my fog lights.... :twisted:

1986 Buick Grand National -SOLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:47 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Hm ... I don't think his private liability will cover it - that was an intentional act, so even IF they cover it, they will most likely bill him for it ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:07 pm 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  Profile

First: I had the right of way, he was coming from the left.

But anyway: The poor guy excused himself several times. He has got no private liability insurance, he is still going to school and makes about 300 Euros a month.

Now the Renault dealership is trying to screw him (and us). Since the Twingo is leased by us, they require that they will fix it, which is in accordance with the leasing contract. Their qoute for a repair is 2.200 Euros! With a twinkling eye the Renault guy said that they could even "make it higher", so that there would be some profit for us. What a jerk! Sure he was in a good mood, with a leasing contract like ours he has basically a licence to print dough!

A side note: At the same time we tried to get a few items fixed on warranty, since we paid for an extended warranty period for three years. They refused with the comment, that this extension is only valid until we have reached 30,000 km on the car. The car was leased for three years and 45,000 km. What an investment for a third year warranty that is actually scheduled to be invalid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:49 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Check with a lawyer if you have insurance whether the limitation of them fixing it is valid ... might not be ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:24 pm 
Fast Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Good idea, Garry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:39 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Let's all go whoop his ass! That would send him the message.

Just kidding, but seriously- I hope you get compensated for the damages.