F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Killed Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:23 am 
Fast Newbie

On the solitude in Stuttgart (a biker paradies because of the serpentines and the winding roads across the woods) I showed a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo first the beautiful backside of my Z and then how it looks when a Z disappear on the horizon.

It rains a little bit on this evening and I was up and ready for some "wet fun". The first try with traction control off was too hotheaded - the Z dance samba with his (hmm, her?) backside but lift off of the pedal put things back as they were and the Z drive stable straight ahead.

Then I meet that Mitsu at a traffic light and he let me hear his turbo sound - damm child. I have the original-US-exhaust because of the understatment so I don´t feel the need to rev up. At green I gave him what he deserve and blow his doors out :mrgreen: . But he was in need of more. Thats possible, the serpentine is straight ahead boy. Come on. Follow me ..... when you can.

What follows was a drift-lesson on my favorite solitude-serpentines with traction control on and this Mitsu in my back. With "all-but-perfect" drifts and a annoying self-pumping accelerator pedal and this blinking "low traction" signal the Z pulls neck-snapping hard this very steep and wet serpentine upward. The mitsu gave up on the beginning of the third and steepest double bend. I saw him far back with his foglights (it was not foggy or that dark that one is in need of foglights) fearing a black Z that pulls his pants off (hey is that spongebob on your panty?). Harhar, yes boy, you are alone in this dark wood and a brute Z waylaid little ricers.

Oh before I forget. Later and while driving downhill on the other side of the hills a Smart Coupe was a little bit to near for my taste - I corrected that mistake for him. Oh, I feel so guilty that now somebody have bad dreams the next nights seeing a samba dancing Z pulling away - hmm, sounds like some kind of "wet dreams" to me.

BTW: I often loose the reins of the stallions packed in the LS1 particular when others drive too close behind me :nono: . But today it was somebody who challenged the Z official and he get what he deserve. Or? So I can contribute my first kill.

Greetings
lupo_Z28

PS: I send many thanks to my guardian angel - I think he/she enjoy that ride too :twisted:

PPS: I don´t think that I can sleep now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:34 am 
Headin' for a divorce

this is too well written to believe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:28 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

LMAO Good read! :lol:

Oh and nice kill as well! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:19 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Is that real? I cannot imagine "winning" to a 4WD Mitsubishi Evo in wet weather (and I have quite "some" experiences on the Nuerburgring with my car)... if it is real: Congratulations. :)

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:17 am 

Geez..... have you ever raced an EVO?
Do it, then your story might sound somewhat different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:14 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

... also, there's always the question of who's behind the wheel ... a car may be quick, but if the driver can't handle it, it's in vain ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:43 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

2slow wrote:
Geez..... have you ever raced an EVO?
Do it, then your story might sound somewhat different.

Don't be a doubter. If you weren't there, you don't know what happened. Quit being a troll!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:48 pm 
Fast Newbie

Huch, such doubts. Hmm, after one day and calm down from this event I will look back:

It is possible that he feared my usage of the whole road :oops: or he is not that samba-fan. As said, it was not really elegant, very rude usage of the accelerator pedal and the automatic is not made for such actions. But I am very happy with the foreseeable behavior of the Camaro under such heavy conditions.

To compare stallions to stallions: I can follow the Porsche 4S (modified to 350horses) from my colleque - as long as it is a nearly straight road. On the narrow winding roads down to Weissach (2slow: you possible know them when you work by porsche, am I right with my guess ?) I lose beginning with the first curve. We made the same porsche-racetrack-courses so I/we know the risks and how to handle such cars. But besides that the Camaro is impressive for a car that costs 1/4 of a Porsche.

About that EVO: It sounded like a turbo and have had big wings with big stickers all around and something I wanna name "flak-searchlights" in front of the grill. I do not think that it was a fake-car.

I know the old EVO and also that the new one is not that beefy as the old. Long story short: He gave up, I win. Why he gave up can nobody say. Possible he know not that road - and that is dangerous on the old solitude racetrack. Possible the flak-searchlight eats up a lot of his performance. Or I bored him, while he cruise peaceful around with the phone on one hand and holding the burger in the other - yeah, then I think I annoy him with my samba-queen and he was so intelligent to brake and let me idiot run away.

No No, for real now. In the curves he have not that problems that I have and came really close but it is to risky to overhaul in that curves. But on the straight lanes he lose very strong against the Z.

I see I have to come to an autoX .......... an make me a name 8)

greets
lupo_Z28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:25 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

don't ever underestimate our buddies!!! ;)
especially when they come with 300kmh from behind *g*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:16 am 
Headin' for a divorce

okay
we'll see ya at the next outing. Tell me your car is not stock please. to be able to folow a Carrera 4s with that much power in on a nearly straight road . you would have to close to 370 at the crank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:32 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I'll walk a Carrera 4S. :P :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:37 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

lupo_Z28 wrote:
I see I have to come to an autoX .......... an make me a name 8)

Next one is only 2 more weeks down the road ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:28 am 
Fast Newbie

Hi,

answers in short

- Street Nats Munich; end of july; count me in for saturday (or maybe sunday).
- no, Z is not stock :wink:

greets
lupo_Z28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:24 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

What are your mods? You must have a very nice suspension setup.