F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: My GTO likes looking at Porsche tail
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:59 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Met some buddies down at the auto skills shop on Post to install some sweet cross drilled / slotted rotors on my buddies 2004 Audi S4. Later after we were done, my buddy w/ his Audi, me and a third friend in his Brand New BMW Z4 3.0i left in a mini-caravan. They live about an hour north while me only about 20 min. I promised I'd take the long way home and convoy for about 15 minutes with them (at low speed due to new Z4 and new brakes on S4).

We left post with me in the lead, the S4 following me and the Z4 following him. Driving on the ramp to the A659 / A6 kreuz, I see a Porsche go sweeping by on the A659. I gunned it immediately and came flying up to it in the right lane. As I pulled even I dropped down a gear letting the SLP exhaust sing in the porsche's window as I de-accellerated onto the on ramp for the A6.

All the while I was watching in the rear view mirror noting that the Z4 was not going to play in this. Immediately the Porsche changed lanes and fell in behind me and in front of the S4 who had gunned it with me from the ramp.

So now I'm exiting A659 and entering the A6 with the Porsche behind me, the S4 and then the Z4 in tow. Nice little caravan.

Entering the A6 we quickly caught up to a sedan on the curly Q entrance ramp. So entering the A6 was slow going. I let the sedan lead out a little so when the outdrive opened up I was able to go WOT and enter the autobahn in full song swinging into the left lane.

The Porsche was hot on my tail following me and so was the S4. It was at this point the Z4 quit and hung it up.

I got pole position but the Porsche and S4 got stuck behind some carryall that pulled in behind me.

I got out in front of traffic and entered the speed zone in the middle lane. The porsche hung back about 4 car lengths and the S4 was about 3 behind me in the middle lane. I waited till the exact moment the speed zone ended and punched it hard. Problem: The Porsche jumped on it way early and while still in the speed zone. So he had a running start on me. Doesn't matter he still walked me like I was standing still.

We ran from about 70mph all the way up to 160mph. (Need to figure out why my Predator Tuner didn't remove my 160mph govenor). We then settled into a 155mph pace for a good 6 miles or so. Exhilerating to say the least.

The S4 hung admirably well considering size & weight but still was outpowered. @ the Higher speeds the GTO was in its element and accelerated well...but the Porsche was that much faster and better.

I ducked off after the Lorsch Rasthoff and waved by to my friend...nice run.

Pics for your amusement / bemusement:

My GTO:

Buddies new Z4:

Buddies S4:

Picture of the offending Porsche (Not Actual Vehicle):

And me randomly postwhoring...picture of the the car my wife is buying. Placed a deposit down on Friday:
-Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.0Turbo (200hp) Tiptronic

My biggest regret is that I have yet to see a Mustang on the Autobahns here. I've passed plenty...but none have been driving at speed.

Dunno...maybe someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:18 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

A Porsche 997 Carrera S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:57 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Roy wrote:
A Porsche 997 Carrera S

Yeah...355hp and about 900lbs lighter I'd imagine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:27 pm 
Needs a Job

Sweet story. Felt like I was there. :) 900lbs? The Goat that heavy? Carrera's are in the 3200lb range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:35 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

GTO is about 3800-3900. I had my fat-azz and about 50lbs of tools and various other nit-noids in the car...he had his trophy wife in the carerra...so we weren't at fighting weight. I figure next sat I'll try and drop about 90lbs out of the vehicle before I race. We'll see.