F-Body Europe

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 01' 911 vs CLK 230? vs station wagon and the Toy!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:06 am 
Needs a Job

Man the Car God blessed me today. Just finished droppin Mike off for a appt so I was headin home. Took the main gate so I could get some gas a the Shell off base.
Well blow me down once I'm done fuelin up I see a brand new 911 turbo yellow w/ matchin rims. Perty..........:)

So I proceed to exit the gas station and follow him to his destination (of course) and as I let him go 1st I could see that wide stance and the nice "turbo sign".
He gets on A6 Saarbrucken and "well I be golly" me too! He chills for a minute to see the status of the bahn and slowly creeps in the fast lane. (Then dips back in the slow lane like he was waitin on me! Remember I let him go 1st when I left the gas station.) I didn't follow because I see some CLK & blue station wagon approachin fast on my left. I then gun it while in 3rd @ about 3k and off I go chasin! 911 then takes A-62 Trier and "well I'll be garsh darn" so am I! :) He takes the turns hard and the station wagon does too which I'm still not sure what it was but looked to be a Ford w/ at least the exhaust work done. The CLK is up front doin the same thing and I'm in it hard too and all on the bumper of the station wagon.
Out the exit CLK, 911TT, Station, and me. The CLK punches it and so does the 911TT and I'm bein held up by the station wagon which is puttin up a good fight considering the circumstances. Then again he's packin for sure..........Mind you I'm in 3rd gear the whole time @ 3k.
So then we come up on some traffic and they move over and all I hear is myself of course but I see a puff of smoke in front by 15 cars and I assume the 911. I was right and he leaves the CLK but not by much, I'm still playin w/ the wagon and he realizes he's not no match and moves over. I'm still in 3rd at about 4.5k. I just mash it and he dissappears quickly I hit 4th @ 5500 and I'm closin fast on the CLK he decides to duck back in the fast lane so fine w/ me. Hit a left turn faster than I'd like to post but the Toy was stable the whole way. I'm about 5 car lengths back pacin the CLK and 911TT w/ wagon 10 lengths behind. The CLK moves over. 4th gear still @ 3.5K and 6-7 car lenghts back. Far enough to still read the turbo however. ;) He guns it but by how much I don't know and I just add some throttle just to see where I stand....he's pullin but not by much and hit 5th @ 4.5k and I've misssed my exit by now so I'm like *&%& it! Hit 6th why I don't know and I'm around 3.5k again and haulin serious ass I couldn't gain on him and he couldn't pull and he's still 7-9 car lengths ahead now all the while in 6th. Don't really know if he was playin to see if I could hang or what but I didn't have to put alot of effort to stay w/ him. And that's when he down shifted and put the heat on me.
He pulled and pulled and pulled some more in a high speed turn that was amazing but I wasn't finished either. I dropped to 4th and the car just jumped forward like a catapult and the tires barked! I was closin in on him at a steady pace....looked at the tack and I was at 6K and backed out of it because I wasn't supposed to be breakin it in this way w/ less than 400 miles. Plus I was 1 qt short of oil in the pan. (This thing will spin to 7200K easy and w/ the rev-kit $hiiiiiiiiiiit.........have toilet paper) :)
He never did slow down so I could thank him for the run.
Maybe he was rushin home because he couldn't believe what just happened.
Man it was fun and scary as hell. Once this thing is dialed in and I get all those exhaust leaks fixed because I've got at least 6 this thing is gonna be a 911TT nightmare!

Sorry so long but I just got home and had to post this!

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:11 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Now, this is why we need O:SL ! :-nono:
Nice report, though ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 3:58 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

He was scared, plain and simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

I think you could take him on a strait shot when you get the TOY right. I would watch out in the curves though there is not enough boltons for the f-body to do what the AWD turbo can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:43 am 
No Life

No doubt John, your car is bad azz, but cant you find some smaller game? A 911 TT!!!!!!!!! that is pretty much the apex of the food chain. Maybe you could have found something slower, like a viper GTS or a Ferrari 355!!!!

Good hunting buddy

Your the kind of guy that makes me jet up to 150hp!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:54 am 
Needs a Job

Sweenyb w/ the right tires I'm just as good in the turns
as he is. Maybe you need a ride perhaps?
Slap some Koni's on and linear rate springs and he's got
a problem. But for now she'll do just fine ask Ryan
he's got 1st hand experience. ;)

Rob I couldn't help it. How often does that happen? And I've been waitin a long time for this one too? I really wasn't expectin to hang because I'm only @ 70% or so. Dyno tune down the road and those exhaust leaks
are the main culprit.
I know one thing up top this thing builds heat quickly......I went from 175 to 205 210 fast. When I realized that I backed off a little and cut the heat on. Gonna need some more water wetter..........and a Griffith Rad.

02' MY Z06, Cam, LT headers, X-pipe, Breathless CAI, Borla Stinger exh, RSD short shifter, Elite catch can, C6Z susp, CCW classic's 18x10 & 18x12...your normal everyday Z06.

Last edited by SRZ on Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Yes I want a ride. I will take your word for the corners. I noticed your brakes. I do not think you can buy many more bolt-ons for the TOY. Remember next spring I will be waiting on the 1/4 mile date!!! I will not be able to hang with the toy on a road coarse but I will try it is not my cup of tea. Do not get me wrong you have one nasty f-body that is far more advanced in suspension than mine, I set mine up loose to get a good launch and slow me down on the bahn. I had a couple close calls where I junked the brakes. I only play in the strait areas where I can see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:26 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Cool stuff John! I enjoyed reading it. Bout time we have a kill posted in here. I have been waiting to put some up of my own but I am never lucky enough to have someone play. I hardley ever see any hot Euro cars........

Jeff

Post subject: Give this sick fool his props
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:46 pm 
No Life

John And Mike came over my house a week ago to drop off my drive shaft and shoot the Sh$#. Well being without my Z for so long and hearing how nice Johns sounds I just had to ask for a ride in it. Well in the front of my house I have a nature trail that's a street but people walk on it and it's straight for about a 1/2 mile or so. I have never lost my stomach in a car until I went for a ride in this thing. John launched this thing did a little burnout and the car was off I'm not sure how fast he was going but I know it was up there. We got on the autobahn going towards saarbruken and he pretty much took it easy then we got off the bauhn and got back on. Well here is were the suspension comes into play. We all know those really sharp auto bauhn entrances the ones that do a horse shoe. Well he was doing over 80 around one of those and then realized there was a stop sign on the other end because of construction this car stopped and handled like no other. If we were in my car we would have been into the gard rail or the back of one of those cars. I definatly give John to thumbs up on how he set that car up. That is the best handeling Z28 I've ever road in. And if That car launches that fast now look out that sun of a bit@$ is gona scream when it's dialed in. Good ride that car made me jelous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

I want a ride!!! I am sure that toy is nasty. John did you see the write up in the newspaper from Hockenheim? We are on the right track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 7:11 am 
Needs a Job

No I sure didn't see the write up. How do I go about viewing it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 8:55 am 
Fast Newbie

What does it say if you don't mind me asking.