F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Z06 kills Lamborghini
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:19 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I was going to Stutgart for a meeting early one morning and I had been cruising in the left lane of the 130KPH zone for a while when al of a sudden the sun came out behind me, it was an orange lambo wtih his fog lights on and coming up my rear pretty fast, he was speeding in the 130 zone, well with my car was in race trim at the time in regards to the go fast parts, I called the girlfriend in my excitment and said there is a lambo on my AAAASCcggggh...and I think that this will be it for me on the bahn, have not got beat on the top end yet, well since he was a lambo I knew he had about 500 or so HP as well.

So it was on, I down shifted and shot forward and the lambo did the same, I could see him checking me out as he stuck with me, upshift into 4th and then we are really cruising fast, way past the 130 mark...then it was an upshift into 5th and my car learched forward with almost the same ferocity as a 3rd gear shift....and he was lagging way behind at this point, we were doing about 175 plus and it was about 160 that I really staretd pulling hard on him, but up to 150 he was real close. Had we had more open road and a longer strecth he would have caught me eventually on the top end as he can do almost 200MPH and my limit with the current setup is about 185-190 and that is with some backwind...it was a great feeling and one I will add to the rest of the Euro fodder I have played with on the bahn....Ferraris; Porsche Turbos, M3's, AMG's, it is fun but you have to have excellant brakes to play that fast, otherwise I would not have done it. It was the range of speed and acceleration that I was able to pull on him.

I have a Porsche GT3 kill at Hockenheim, I can't find the tape, once I do it will be up.

Hope that this can add to the excitement of the kill section.
Nick

04 LS6 block, random tech high flow cats, Vararam air intake, LAPD carbon fiber power duct, C6 Z06 shifter, RD motorsports crossbar & 5 Point Harness, GM T1 sway bars, 04 Sachs shocks, Movit brakes, carbon fiber high rise hood, magnason blower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:38 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Not bad of a kill. Specially for a chevy product.

You keep making ref to your "race trim" what it's? Tunes? Strip down weight?

I had killed me a few exotics including a GT3, AMGs E55, a new M5 and several Porsches and one Testaroza (SP??). Those with a little modular motor.

I dont think that I have the top end you may have, since I have a "bit" of a gear but she will hang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

So.....are we running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:11 am 
 WWW  Profile

In race trim...Katceh racing stage III heads, with 2.02 stainless steel valves, complete race porting for inatke and exhaust ports, Comp 918 springs, titanium retainers, Comp Cam .581/581 lift, Breathles port matched D port headers, VaraRam Ram air, Custom tuning sHeinz Roth racing....

One step down....fatory 2004 Z06 heads....Gm Hot Cam.....evrything else same...

in current mode.......stock 2004 Z06 heads, stock 2004 Z06 cam, stock exhaust manifold.....high flow cats...vararam, granatelli motorsports mass air flow....

Contemplating what I will cobble together for this year.....Heads will probably be rebuilt Katech and go back to the GM Hotcam......I am exploring other possibilites such as 6.0 liter block....estimated HP right now, about 450 +- 10HP.

When you say are you ready...you mean at Hockenheim or a fun run down the strip? I am not setup for 1/4 because my suspension is lowered to allow better handling at the track and I believe I suffer some stock loading of torque when I try to take offf in a straight line...hence I spin like crazy offf the line. I run the stock Z06 Supercar tires most of the time, this year I am going to run the Hoosiers RS303 at Hockenheim..but I am always up to an improptu race when the opportunity arises....it is just fun, no matter who wins.
Nick

04 LS6 block, random tech high flow cats, Vararam air intake, LAPD carbon fiber power duct, C6 Z06 shifter, RD motorsports crossbar & 5 Point Harness, GM T1 sway bars, 04 Sachs shocks, Movit brakes, carbon fiber high rise hood, magnason blower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

AutobahnZ06GT wrote:
In race trim...Katceh racing stage III heads, with 2.02 stainless steel valves, complete race porting for inatke and exhaust ports, Comp 918 springs, titanium retainers, Comp Cam .581/581 lift, Breathles port matched D port headers, VaraRam Ram air, Custom tuning sHeinz Roth racing....

One step down....fatory 2004 Z06 heads....Gm Hot Cam.....evrything else same...

in current mode.......stock 2004 Z06 heads, stock 2004 Z06 cam, stock exhaust manifold.....high flow cats...vararam, granatelli motorsports mass air flow....

Contemplating what I will cobble together for this year.....Heads will probably be rebuilt Katech and go back to the GM Hotcam......I am exploring other possibilites such as 6.0 liter block....estimated HP right now, about 450 +- 10HP.

When you say are you ready...you mean at Hockenheim or a fun run down the strip? I am not setup for 1/4 because my suspension is lowered to allow better handling at the track and I believe I suffer some stock loading of torque when I try to take offf in a straight line...hence I spin like crazy offf the line. I run the stock Z06 Supercar tires most of the time, this year I am going to run the Hoosiers RS303 at Hockenheim..but I am always up to an improptu race when the opportunity arises....it is just fun, no matter who wins.
Nick

Sounds very impressive. Will love to see it in "race trim" this summer! You run that and Ill spray! How about it?

I have no drag suspension either. Im in my "daily driving" set-up.

H&R Super Sport Springs (Low)
Stock Struts/Springs
D&D Non-Adjustable U/LCAs
etc.

When Im in drag mode, the suspeinsion is changed to:

Tokico Drag Struts (5 way)
Lakewood 50/50 Shocks
Adjustable U/LCAs
Solid Spherical Bushings

My motor set-up does not change other than the Tune (Mild to Wild) and a little juice.

At the Hock even a bicicle wil destroy me there, Im a complete novice with not even one lap.

If you want we could go from a "roll" since traction is a problem like 20-30 MPH to like 120?

What you think? It will be fun.

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:40 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hey Naz,

We just came back from the craft shop. Corsa stainless steel Tiger shark mufflers installed, it sounds nasty at wide open throttle, we also added a Z06 air filter system, now her car has some more get up and go too.

Ran into the Red Devil or Prowler or something like there Taylor baracks with a nice red GT, he was adding some mufflers too. He might want to go to Hockenheim also. I gave him the heads up about it.

What is your fastest 1/4 mile time and at what trap speed without and with nitrous? I have never timed mine so I do not know, but I do know that 2 minute and below lap times at Hockenheim are within my sites....road racing is the bomb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:56 pm 
Needs a Job

Nice run Nick. I'll be glad to post some kills but it won't be for a few months at least.

NAZ? When are ya leavin? I still want a rematch but I'll tell you it wouldn't be fair from the word "Go".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:12 pm 
 WWW  Profile

SRZ wrote:
Nice run Nick. I'll be glad to post some kills but it won't be for a few months at least.

NAZ? When are ya leavin? I still want a rematch but I'll tell you it wouldn't be fair from the word "Go".

Any time brother.....what do you have in mind?

Ill be departing the first week of JUL.

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:26 am 
Needs a Job

When does the Albino ship? I will be up before then that's a promise. Have the juice ready! :) We can go from a roll or a dig but I'll loose in the dig just because the rear isn't ready for what I'm about to throw at it. LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:38 am 
 WWW  Profile

SRZ wrote:
When does the Albino ship? I will be up before then that's a promise. Have the juice ready! :) We can go from a roll or a dig but I'll loose in the dig just because the rear isn't ready for what I'm about to throw at it. LOL!

Sounds like a plan!

The juice will be on. Will a 150 do? She will be good for long 600+RW on it.

Ill ship the car o/a mid JUN. Is that far enough?

You coming with some turbo power?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:37 pm 
Needs a Job

150 shot for 600rwhp+ ? Damn pretty impressive. The big bore must be a monster. Nah no turbo for me I like my LT too much. I'm actually destroking it and droppin the cubes. Can't wait to run em and see how it turns out. We got to video this for all to see regardless of the outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

SRZ wrote:
150 shot for 600rwhp+ ? Damn pretty impressive. The big bore must be a monster. Nah no turbo for me I like my LT too much. I'm actually destroking it and droppin the cubes. Can't wait to run em and see how it turns out. We got to video this for all to see regardless of the outcome.

Nah...she is prety tame. We will find out for sure on Friday. Hope for 450+RW NA.

Will let you know the out come. :wink:

Sure..........we will video the action!

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:08 pm 
Needs a Job

Good luck w/ the 450rwhp quest! That nice cold air should get ya there that's for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

SRZ Thanks,

Not bad for Chevy eh..well lets just call it Horsepower to weight ratio for the sake of political correctness...when 2 cars are about the same HP-weight ratio then the 1/4 mile race is real close as is autocrossing..now throw in a lighter car with agressive gearing and a higher rev limiter and that car will do alright at the autocros track...that is how my car is built, but those same gears and revs will not help in a 1/4 mile unless the HP/weight ration is greater that the opponent, of course with a 150shot of NOS, than that tips the scale tremendously. My estimated Hp/w ratio in race trim was 6.47, now it is
7.55, the lower the better. I am guessing here, but if your race weight with driver is 3950lbs and you have 500 normally aspirated HP, that makes it 7.9, H/w ratio..not bad at all. With 150hp shot of NOS, it goes
6.07...a real close race in my previous setup, but not now. I would like to get all my go fast parts in order before you ship yours just to see how it would go, time and money are always my excuse.

I have found my GT3 kill video at Hockenheim, among other cars on that tape are a modded C5 with 500 plus horsepower, 2002 Z06, Camaro, lapped a white mustang twice, Porsche 959....It was a great kill day at the track. I have a 15mb segment of the GT3 kill, I do not know where to post it....everymail box has a 10mb limit...I tried Putfile.com and it timed out..so what would be a good place to post the video, it is 15megs though, at least you wil hear my car as it was in race trim.
Ciao,
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:50 am 
 YIM  Profile

fbodyeurope.org

if you go to the main page look for gallery

http://fbodyeurope.org/Gallery/ but I don't know about limits gary will have to chime in on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:29 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Or try http://www.rapidshare.de

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 pm 
 WWW  Profile

AutobahnZ06GT wrote:
SRZ Thanks,

Not bad for Chevy eh..well lets just call it Horsepower to weight ratio for the sake of political correctness...when 2 cars are about the same HP-weight ratio then the 1/4 mile race is real close as is autocrossing..now throw in a lighter car with agressive gearing and a higher rev limiter and that car will do alright at the autocros track...that is how my car is built, but those same gears and revs will not help in a 1/4 mile unless the HP/weight ration is greater that the opponent, of course with a 150shot of NOS, than that tips the scale tremendously. My estimated Hp/w ratio in race trim was 6.47, now it is
7.55, the lower the better. I am guessing here, but if your race weight with driver is 3950lbs and you have 500 normally aspirated HP, that makes it 7.9, H/w ratio..not bad at all. With 150hp shot of NOS, it goes
6.07...a real close race in my previous setup, but not now. I would like to get all my go fast parts in order before you ship yours just to see how it would go, time and money are always my excuse.

I have found my GT3 kill video at Hockenheim, among other cars on that tape are a modded C5 with 500 plus horsepower, 2002 Z06, Camaro, lapped a white mustang twice, Porsche 959....It was a great kill day at the track. I have a 15mb segment of the GT3 kill, I do not know where to post it....everymail box has a 10mb limit...I tried Putfile.com and it timed out..so what would be a good place to post the video, it is 15megs though, at least you wil hear my car as it was in race trim.
Ciao,
Nick

Very true! PTW Ratio owns them ALL! Gearing is very important as well.

I went to the dyno yesterday with a very conservative break-in tune and pulled some decent numbers.

esults:

459RWHP @ 7200RPMs
376RWTQ @ 4200 & 5800 RPMs (Due to my Dual Runner Intake)

That was with o/a 800 miles on the new motor, very mild tune, 12:1 AF (conservative) and keeping the RPMs low :wink: .

With a good tune, and more agresive AF, and o/a 1000 more miles she should be good for o/a 475RW NA.

Which is not too bad for a little 5.0L modular.

So that puts me at o/a 7.7PTWR. That is with my heavy @ss 3540LBs with driver.

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quick video of the hoopty at the dyno.

http://www.mightymustangs.net/~nazman/Naz_Dyno_Runs.wmv

Naz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:24 am 
 WWW  Profile

Hey Nazman,

Great dyno pull,,, did you spray during the dyno run. Man, you gusy ar emaking me want to get back into modding my car again aweful fierce. I am sure you are proud of that one, and as you said it was conservative so you still had some more left, you could be closer to 500RWP with a better tune.

I have some more vids at Hockeneheim, one of the kills is a Porsche 959, I think one of the guys from the F-body forum with a black camaro was out there too, german plates, one of the files is 117 mb, one 33mb, and the other 15mb, I will pas this to Roy tommorrow, maybe he can post it somewhere...

Hockenheim tommorrow, first day opening at race track....
Ciao,
Autobahnz06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:50 am 
 WWW  Profile

AutobahnZ06GT wrote:
Hey Nazman,

Great dyno pull,,, did you spray during the dyno run. Man, you gusy ar emaking me want to get back into modding my car again aweful fierce. I am sure you are proud of that one, and as you said it was conservative so you still had some more left, you could be closer to 500RWP with a better tune.

I have some more vids at Hockeneheim, one of the kills is a Porsche 959, I think one of the guys from the F-body forum with a black camaro was out there too, german plates, one of the files is 117 mb, one 33mb, and the other 15mb, I will pas this to Roy tommorrow, maybe he can post it somewhere...

Hockenheim tommorrow, first day opening at race track....
Ciao,
Autobahnz06

No. No juice. Al NA.

I dont think that I have 500 RW on her but more like 475RW with an agressive tune and some more miles on her.

If you need some help with the videos put them on a CD and mail it to me Ill host them for you.

Naz