F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Early 90's vette...
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 4:19 am 

For those who haven't heard yet,
My friend and I were cruising K-town last night around midnight(bored as hell). I was coming to the intersection before the bridge when I saw a purple early 90's model vette, didn't look like much. So, I dropped it in second and gunned it around the bend. He didn't bite, damn! I go over the bridge and then all the sudden I see him creeping up behind me, I let him pass. Wasn't sure if he wanted to go or not?? We go a little further and I here him punch it! So I floored it as well. We instantly rolled up on a German car, the guy was so shook'n up he didn't know which lane to get into, he chose mine. So I dip in behind the vette, he gets over in the right lane. I start to creep up next to him for an even start, he had other plans. As soon as I got about two car lengths behind him he hits it. So I slam it! We ran it up to about 115 before we hit that big turn. Neither of us were gaining what so ever. We stayed exactly two car lengths apart and I barley pulled on him. WTF??? I thought for sure I would have passed him. He wanted me to get on the Autobahn but I was below a 1/4 of a tank. Oh well. By no means a kill! Just wanted to share my excitement for the night. Sorry so long. -Mike-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 7:23 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Mike
From the sounds of it , I believe he was packing more than you. Then again is your combination all the way dialed in.
For example is yor rev limiter bumped up to at least 6400-6500. Ibelieve your combination will make max horse power @ 6200 rpms and then you can ride the hp drop to just before the revlimiter.
Ayone else got opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 12:15 pm 

Sounds about right to me. You where hauling around 300 to 400lbs of extra car with a passenger. The cars have the same engine unless he was a L98, in which case would make since also since he jumped out (more torque than you down low. Was it a manual? If so, less drivetrain loss.

Try to get him to race your race. Get him at a light, and let your auto put a 2 car hole shot on him, from then on your LT4 should keep him where he belongs. The autobahn could be grab bag because of his cars friendlier Cd, but you said you guys stayed even after at speed, so it sounds like your making more HP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 2:47 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Wow, 115 on B40!! That's like 130 km over the speed limit. Pretty wild!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 3:20 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Quote:
Wow, 115 on B40!! That's like 130 km over the speed limit. Pretty wild!

man I did'nt even catch that . thats insane, but Iam not one to talk.

Hope Ididn't double post

Post subject: corupt
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:47 pm 
No Life

Hey you said I was crazy after I gave you and ray a ride that one day. LOOK AT YOU NOW!!! How are you liking those mod upgrades feels nice doesn't it!!

Post subject: corupt
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:48 pm 
No Life

Hey you said I was crazy after I gave you and ray a ride that one day. LOOK AT YOU NOW!!! How are you liking those mod upgrades feels nice doesn't it!!

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:48 pm 
No Life

Post subject: who's crazy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:49 pm 
No Life

Post subject: my bad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:52 pm 
No Life

What's up with this? Is it me or when you try to post sometimes you get an error. You just can't get around and when you do you realize you just posted the same thing 50 times.

Post subject: yeah i get the same thing...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2001 9:20 pm 

That has happened to me before, it's not just you. Thanks for the info fellas.
Roy - no, my car is not dialed in yet! Still need the knock module and the computer, hopefully around the 15th I will have both.
Rob - I think he was an automatic because he had a steady pull like me, I did not see his car shift at all. All in all I think I would have taken him from a stop or on the autobahn, my car has a lot more pull all around now. It was just a shakey race, he was all over the road and jumped on me so...excuses excuses =)
Ryan - Your still the craziest dude! In answer to your question, I love the parts. Down low sometimes it shifts so hard and fast I feel like if i did not have a seatbelt on I would fly to the back. Then on the autobahn there is no lag like before, just keeps on pulling! Ran a BM the other day and just left his @ss. He gave me a thumbs up as I was getting off the exit.
Later guys, Mike...

Post subject: all you need now
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 10:46 pm 
No Life

Hey mike you got the power now when are you going to lower the (camaro truck SS) I heard they sell some pretty cheap 6 inch drop kits. Just playing.
Mike next project for my car: Talked to the wife she gave me her blessing to do the magic word REBUILD the engine. So i'm going to go all forged, strong cam, new heads and some other goodies (top secret). I figure now that I got the sierra runnig. I might start now or waite till winter to rebuild it. I'm going to build for the future..

Post subject: all you need now
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 10:47 pm 
No Life

Hey mike you got the power now when are you going to lower the (camaro truck SS) I heard they sell some pretty cheap 6 inch drop kits. Just playing.
Mike next project for my car: Talked to the wife she gave me her blessing to do the magic word REBUILD the engine. So i'm going to go all forged, strong cam, new heads and some other goodies (top secret). I figure now that I got the sierra runnig. I might start now or waite till winter to rebuild it. I'm going to build for the future..

Post subject: Hopefully
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 2:47 am 

I will have the lower kit in the next couple months, but that means I got to take off the brush gaurd off the front and I don't know if I want to do that....Mike =)