F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Opentracking Events in Europe?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hi all,

I just posted an intro message in the new member forum. I've just recently arrived in Brussels (sans f-body :-( ) but will be looking to get back into a new ride and on track shortly. My experience includes 6+ years of opentracking (50+ opentracking events).

I've done a wee bit of research and aside from the Nurburgring (which I'm very interested in doing) I've found this link:

http://www.drivingconcepts.com/schedule.html - Events at Salzburgring, A1 Ring, Hockenheim & Nurburgring.

I'm hoping there might be other resources for opentracking types of events that folks on this board might be able to clue me in on.

If there's anything I can do to offer assitance I'd be more than glad to help out.
--
Ken Rahaim
'95 Firebird Formula
http://www.mycar.net/mafb/registry/detail.cfm?id=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:20 pm 
Needs a Job

Well for the most part Nurnburgring and Hockenheim are the ones most visited. I myself am a open track guy as well. Gotta do the ring you won't be dissappointed. Hopefully in 2-3 wks I'll be back up there on a Sat or Sun.

Welcome aboard too!

OH snap! Dude I know you! You test drove my car back in Virgina on 664! Not like you remember but Scott Channon introduced me to you. You were recalling how my sway bars responded and how you remembered why you switch to something smaller. This was a good 4 yrs ago. Then you let me drive your car to see the difference. I also remember you had my clutch smoking like a mofo too. I have to admit I never got on my car that hard but after driving away that night the car was a beast! Aside for the clutch. :) But it lasted a 60K so I'm not complaining.

We are you at? Are you overseas now after leaving Langley? Hit me up.

Silas,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:02 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Dude I know you! You test drove my car back in Virgina on 664! Not like you remember but Scott Channon introduced me to you. You were recalling how my sway bars responded and how you remembered why you switch to something smaller. This was a good 4 yrs ago. Then you let me drive your car to see the difference. I also remember you had my clutch smoking like a mofo too.

Oops, sorry about that :(. I didn't realize your clutch was smoking. I guess it couldn't have been too bad since it lasted 60K more miles :).

Wow, this is a small world. I haven't talked to Scott in years. Anyway, I'm currently in Brussels, Belgium.

So, I understand the Nurberg Ring is "arrive and drive", but how do you arrange to get out on the Hockenheim Ring? My wife and I were just out there to see the German Grand Prix and we'd both love to run the track (she opentracks also). Is there a club or business that puts on events at Hockenheim? Do you have a URL if so? Thanks for any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:05 pm 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Quote:
So, I understand the Nurberg Ring is "arrive and drive", but how do you arrange to get out on the Hockenheim Ring? My wife and I were just out there to see the German Grand Prix and we'd both love to run the track (she opentracks also). Is there a club or business that puts on events at Hockenheim? Do you have a URL if so? Thanks for any info.

Go to http://www.hockenheimring.de and click to "Auf dem Ring"->"Touristenfahrten". It's 12 Euro per 15 minutes, every Thursday (May-October) 6-8pm.

Open times at the Nuerburgring can be found here:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/angebote/sf_n_q3.htm

Ben

Last edited by BenZ28 on Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:57 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Ben, Thanks a bunch for the URLs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:44 am 
Site Admin

You will have alot of fun with that thing over here.