F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:10 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Your right Roy, the scuba tanks are hydro-static tested every 3 years, and visual inspected every year (rules is rules)

Hm ... not quite - visual every is correct, but steel are checked every two years, alluminium every 7 years ... but AFAIK the tanks are mainly checked by putting about 4500 psi in 'em and measuring the amount of expansion of the tank ... don't know about hydro-static tests, but I'm not too much informed about the details ... anyway, wouldn't really want a 12l bottle rupture, no matter if it's O2 or N2O in it ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:35 pm 

[quote
Hm ... not quite - visual every is correct, but steel are checked every two years, alluminium every 7 years ... but AFAIK the tanks are mainly checked by putting about 4500 psi in 'em and measuring the amount of expansion of the tank ... don't know about hydro-static tests, but I'm not too much informed about the details ... anyway, wouldn't really want a 12l bottle rupture, no matter if it's O2 or N2O in it ...[/quote]

that is a hydro test. 2 1/2 times rated pressure test, and in the good 'ol US of A, doesnt matter between steel or aluminum, 3 year hydro. Atleast according to the NAUI or PADI shops around here.

A N20 bottle will not explode, the pressure disk will give out first, assumening it hasnt been replaced by something that wont give out. (Not the chemicals fault, owner/operator)

But its all moot anyway, the people that want to use it will, and the people getting beat by it will complain about it. With that said, my new neighbor let me peak at his 390 with 3stages of direct port. Dyno tested 1000hp on the stand................drool!!!

Keep wearin them sandals, eating those granola bars and huggin them bunnies, and maybe the ozone will heal itself:)
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:46 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I don't wear them sandals, don't eat those granola bars. Them bunnies, ducks and geese I butcher myself if I wanna eat them.
So why not pack a 500+hp engine instead of NOS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:42 am 
Site Admin

It is the same 500 Hapees is 500 Hapees on or off the bottle. Lets take away the funny cars blower or say his slicks. Point is the blower & slicks is part of the combination. On a gen 1 engine N/A 500 hapees is in the $7000-$8000 you would be spinning it to the moon so it would not be streetable add $2000 for a LT1 making that kind of power!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:55 am 

Quote:
So why not pack a 500+hp engine instead of NOS?

What do you suppose it takes to make 500hp NA?

It kills me that it is assumed there is real power, and then Nitrous power. What would/could you do with 500 at the wheels on the street with radials? What do you suppose 95% of those 9sec Fbodies your always reading about use? The other 4% use a blower/turbo, but then again they're cheating mother nature too, so that isnt right either. That last 1% is big cubes/solid lifter/... with no hope of ever running to the quickie mart to get a gallon of milk.

I follow successful recipes for my future goals, and like Garry Rohe the last 4 year NMCA champ kinda like the INSTANT power on demand philosophy. BTW thats National Muscle Car Assoc, so he was beating all the differant makes.

You dont have to use it or like it, but when you hear the car next to your NA car purge, prepare yourself for a dinner of humble pie cuz a 100-150shot makes up for alot of displacement and exotic parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I totally agree with rob. I think a Blower/turbo engine built right would bust the piggy bank also.

Post subject: NOS Legal in OSL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:19 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

For what it is worth, i was at the drags in Drachten (Netherlands) this weekend and there was a Street Legal class. I saw some civics, an impreza (wich was the fastest with a 13.4 pass i remember correctly) and some VW golfs. The speaker announced that one of the VW's had nitrous, so i figure it was legal...
Some pictures at http://www.markvanderkwaak.com/events/2 ... 1/dr1.html