F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Summaries of the past two weeks...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:49 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

20 May: Rainy, windy, cold Saturday Saison Opening @ Bitburg,
had to take down the registration tent, meanwhile the tree fell over,
two hours of flag starts Saturday night

21 May: Dry, windy, cold Sunday @ Bitburg,
racing almost went to regular, registration and timeslips out of Udo-Beckers-Tent, thanks to Garry and backup light bulbs the tree worked again, due to the missed out Saturday and the small number of participants we skipped the eliminations and stayed with Heads Up.

Hoping for a better, warmer, and dry Drag Strip coming Weekend!

Last edited by Squirrelina on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:08 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

23 May: while getting the laundry out of the machine on Tuesday morning after Bitburg, I missed a by-itself-opening window and slammed the back of my head into it like somebody hit me with a baseball bat.
I still went the 55 km to work, but with bad headache and ears bleeding I decided to go home at noon and rest...
24 May: On Wednesday morning I got up and everything was black and white. The world lost its color and at the traffic light in my town I missed the green phase twice, all I was able to see was the little brighter shine when the signal turned back to the top (not red any more) light.
I went to the doc instead of going to work.
I got a "sick slip" for the remaining week and a package of pills to take.

Last edited by Squirrelina on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Santa Pod
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:02 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I had the fairy ticket already reserved to travel to Santa Pod Raceway in UK, FIA Main Dragracing Event.
24 May: Wednesday evening I packed the Terrano with the last clean clothes (since I was not able to finish laundry), tent, tools, food, and left at 8pm. I took a one hour break around midnight near Dortmund, but had to be at Lünen at 2:30am to meet up with Kuno-Racing, since 2 other guys rode with me. This time the Pro Mod Team consisted of not less than 9 people, and only 6 found space in Kuno's Truck.
25 May: We took the Speed Catamaran from Hoek van Holland to Harwich around 7am, the crossing takes about 3,5 hours, and arrived around 4pm at the race track Thursday afternoon... local time, they are one hour behind us.

The Santa Pod Raceway is the best prepared race track in Europe, on this track Europe runs record times which stand not behind the US at all.
In the pits and on the track all big dragracing teams of Germany and Europe may be found... also the teams which do not run in Germany (NitrolympiX) any more.

28 May: Kuno qualified No. 15 with a relatively slow flat 7.0 (carefully on the new engine with no previous test runs in Germany possible) ...
29 May: ...but was able to take Fast Freddy (sweden, qualified No.2 w/ 6.3) out in the first round eliminations. Second round the team from norway had engine problems and did not finish the run. At the end of that run Kuno's fuel pump went out, since the engine got no fuel the blower got some damage and maybe more damage to the new engine, so we had to give up and went home with Place 4 and Kuno has some serious work to do.

The next FIA rounds are in Sweden and Norway last week of July and first week of August, the Finals are in September in Santa Pod same weekend as Bitburg - so this was my only trip with the Pro Mod team this year - since Rotenburg got moved 2 weeks.

On a side note: All weekend was very cold and wet. With the Jet dryer they kept the drag strip raceable whenever the rain stopped long enough. At least this year they were able to finish the eliminations on Monday, which is a Holiday in UK as well.
30 May: The fairy crossing back on half speed because of strong winds caused many people to get sick, while I enjoyed the very delicious buffet and the conversation with Kalunki, photographer and writer of the dragracer magazine.
31 May: I arrived at Kaiserslautern around 2am Wednesday and went straight into work instead of going to PS and back.

Total trip lenght around 1900 km plus the seamiles.

Post subject: Preparing for next Weekend "SUMMER BATTLE"
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:48 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

10 & 11 June Summer Battle
Garry is working already on the fixes of the tree's accident

9 June: we will as always be at Bitburg on Friday afternoon to set up. 5pm we are allowed to enter the Bitburg Taxiway and turn it into our drag strip - after it is set up, we do some test runs

James, Roy, and if available others will set up the slalom course.
(For new F-Body members: You are welcome to join all of above :wink:)

The schedule is as follows:
Saturday 9am Begin of Registrations,
10am Opening of QM, Heads Up all day and also €5,- Runs (single runs) the last hour ~ 6pm closing for the day
Sunday 9am Begin of Registrations,
10am Opening of QM, Time Trials until 1130
1200 Start Bracket Eliminations, Winner Ceremony, then Heads Up and €5,- Runs until 4pm
(...subject to change, wheater or such)

This weekend we will have the new Junior Dragster at Bitburg, Kids which would like to get an idea of driving a Junior Dragster are welcome to join the "JD Training" by the professional Team (Kuno-Racing). In between or after the Adult-Races we may be able to do a few runs with and for the future Juniors. :wink:

Garry, how about putting this few phrases for newcomers on top of the 1on1 website:
Please limit the driving activities in the pit area to the absolutely necessary driving after 6pm, and if necessary please remind others to NOT cut donuts or do burnouts at any times in the premisses.
For burnouts please use the burnout area only, bevor moving to the startline you may burn here as much as you want in front of spectators - safely fenced off
For showing off your driving skills please do so at the dragstrip or at the slalom course, all other activities are in no way related to motorsports and may endanger third parties.

Did I forget something? please remind me. Since I am still not all way out of the black & white mode... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:13 am 
No Life

B&W? Wow the kitchen window? Ouch. I am in the proces of gettting in touch of the guy that wanted to show his "driving skills" last month in the C5. I have tracked down the unit and his name. He actually called me on monday about it. That is Roy's old uniot so I might ask him if he knows anyone that he might be able to talk to. I am sure the CPT that ownes the Vette would not be happy knowing that his car was being abused like that.

2013 Focus ST250 in the USA
1st car 77 Camaro Type Lt 5.0 auto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:38 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

no biggy. as long he is good he may come back. as soon he shows ignorance to what I say, he'll get another a$$ kick. deeper with the yellow rubber boots.

if I did not tell the whole group just 5 minutes before that they have to park their cars or turn in their keys. I turned around and behind my back he shows off.
maybe he learned his lesson after swapping his panties.
Ole found the full panties behind one concrete block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:37 pm 
No Life

Yeah I remember that. Oh yeah and somehow I never got my armbands as well. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:00 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

grrrrrrr you got to stop and talk to me! answer your phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:03 pm 
No Life

I did! Oh and I have to work this weekend. So no Bitburg for me. Roy came buy toget the timing gear today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:25 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

How much is the Ferry across the channel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:34 am 
No Life

lol you said ferry, pansey. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:50 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

jinstall wrote:
lol you said ferry, pansey. :p

You said panties...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:09 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

oh my memories...
if I remember right it is 220,- Euro for a car including up to 3 people, for an extra person I paid 32 Euro somewhat like that.
My Nissan Terrano 4 door is about just at the limit for pov price, a larger truck, camper or such may cost more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:18 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

did I tell you that I blew up a Ford V6 with just 9000 km, first registration Nov 05
... 1 mile before Spangdahlem Exit I had to call ADAC. New engine needed. Under warranty, Ford will pay.

This is the second new car this happened. Oil Pump defect on both 05 Fords.
The Opel V6 I drove 220 - 240 km/h all the way without such problem.

only down side: my boss asked how much jet fuel I burned for the round trip.... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:56 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Squirrelina wrote:
oh my memories...
if I remember right it is 220,- Euro for a car including up to 3 people, for an extra person I paid 32 Euro somewhat like that.
My Nissan Terrano 4 door is about just at the limit for pov price, a larger truck, camper or such may cost more.

Good to know...I'm thinking of taking the GTO up for a Vuaxhall Monaro Meet.