F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:46 am 
No Life

guys....taking out extra weight is great (I cant believe you still have the spare in there) but remember, it will take about 100lbs of sprung weight to drop a 1/10.

But the one thing you need is traction. With your Gran Turismo suspensions you need all the help you can get. They are called Drag radials, and retail for about 125 a piece shipped.

Go out to a empty stretch of road (sure, in Germany? Empty?) and try several 0- 2nd gear launchs. Vary your RPM's, and learn to come off the line. Taking a 4X4 offroad is not abusing it, so use your car for what it was meant to do.

What works best? vary the air pressure (wont help alot with street tires and they're no flex side walls, but every little helps) check the black marks you make, when you inevitabally leave (hopefully) 2 black marks. Do you have a decent contact patch? Are they even (not length, width)?

and even though you have a handy, dandy thermo-plastic intake, ever thought about iceing it?

BTW George, I guess we know why I trapped 110 in your car, and you trapped 102. Those last 5-600rpms really zap the trap speed.

Last edited by Robert13p3h on Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.