F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Old Bahn story my dad had for me...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:59 pm 
Cool Newbie

Well as long as I can remeber..which is probably not very long...anyhow My dad used to tell me this story about a guy who took a golf, streched the body and cut it right down the center. He then thru it on a 911TT chaiss and proceded to go ass whipping on the bahn...This caused some major crashes due to the golf passing up all these "Euro baddasses" (Note the quotes) Anyhow supposedly from then on huge modifieds like that were "banned" ..just an amusing story and I'm pretty sure that it's not true but Is my dad's story so therefore it must be... hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:32 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Hmm, that is an amusing story..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:25 pm 
Cool Newbie

Got another one..sometime in the 60's or 70's my dad had a souped up Seat 810, Thing had 2 head gaskets on it because the single kept blowing because he was running such a hi compression. Anyhow he was crusing through the mountains from Madrid to Granada (Thats in spain for any..people who dunno that.) Anyhow and some USAF jet jockey comes up on him in a Tbird. Well The TBird has a big fatty engine and the Seat don't. But The Seat Did have a perfectly set up suspension, great 40/60 balance and tons of other lil goodies my dad put on it. So the tbird kept pushing him, and he came up on a tunnel which he knew very well (He'd been making the drive for 10 years) So he comes around the turn and power slides through the tunnel. The next week all he saw in the tunnel along the guard rail was baby blue paint...Amusingly enough thats the same color paint the tbird which he never saw again had. I've been to that tunnel and I'l be goddamned if there still isn't a 6-7 inch section of the guardrail where there isn't baby blue chips still there...