F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: F355, SS and Frankfurt
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:37 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Okay this is not street race but it did involve a street and a tunnel.
O kay I was in Franfurt last night just goofing around looking for something to do, that is when I heard the sound of a Ferrari on the pipes ,you know umpteen thousand rpms and then back down to idle. Since it was like on again and then off again . He or she was just enjoying the sound or trying to provke a race. Well I am Just going thru traffic tring to find this low slung wonder and I notice that we are headed for that real big underground tunnel. I go great he does the same thing I do , tunnel accelerations. Well the road goes straight to the tunnel and then has a right turn exit . Well all thecars that were in front of me exited there and he was in front of them, Imagine that. Evidently he doesn't see me , doesnt care or doesn't think I am a threat. Bot cars enter the tunnel , the ferrari guns it first and it is sounding Ferrari Badasss, Hethen lets off. My turn, car is already at 3000 rpms in second , I floor it and take it just below the rev limit(6200) . I do believe that caught the Ferraris attention . He slowed down and waited for me to catch up. this forced me into 1st gear to match his slower speed. Well he starts reving and releasing a couple of times and then stopped . Myturn engine rpm is at 3000rpms I momentarily engage the clutch , give a quick rev , and did the release and mash . All you could hear in that tunnel was whaling Yokohamas and a bellering Ls1 . I then shifted to second and got a little scratch on the decel. Well the ferrari pulled up along side and gave a thumbs up , I return the gesture , I then try to get him to run but he put is hands in the air as if to surrender. I waved and then took the lead as I was heading to Sachenhausen.
Not the greatest night but at least it wasn't uneventful.
Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 4:31 pm 
No Life

tunnels are the coolest, and it sounds like the Ferrari dude with the deep pockets was pretty cool to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:33 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

You know rob I hardly care if I win or lose Just as long as I can hear that V8 thunder, but winning does feel good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 9:42 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Wow, I just noticed this story!! Pretty awesome to know that our cars are a pretty good match for cars that cost that much money. Just watch out in the higher speeds/rpms!! ;)

I was behind a 512 last year, and it was so awesome to know that I could hang (up to 150)!! :D

Last edited by JackZ28 on Mon Jul 16, 2001 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:14 am 
 WWW  Profile

That's awesome. :) I ran an F355 here in AZ a few months back and got him by a car to 90 before I realized running n downtown Phoenix wasn't the smartest thing to do. That was the BEST street race of my life thus far. :)