F-Body Europe

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Wiper problem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:34 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I have a wiper problem. They work fine and park fine. Operate the wash/wipe however (which always works) and the wipers then cease to function or park. Turn off the ignition and leave it and the wipers will usually work again. The local dealer said he tested the wiring and it was all OK and it needed a new wiper motor (expensive). I had a look under the hood and found what look like 4 fuses next to the wiper motor. They were all taped together. I untaped them and tied them all up securely. The wipers seemed to work fine no matter what at that point but the next day they were playing up again. We haven't had enough rain to determine whether they're still playing up but what are these fuses for? Anyone know? I'm a long way from being convinced that it's the wiper motor - surely a wiper motor if it's broken will not work again and yet, rather like Karma Chameleon, it comes and goes, it comes and goes. Any ideas? I'm bad on electrics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:10 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

Answered my own question. Nothing to do with those 4 fuses. When the wipers stopped working, I pushed the wires into the motor and they started working again. I then sprayed sonme WD40 in there. That has apparently restored the wipers to full working order. If it goes again, I'll have to get an auto electrician on the electrical connectors inside.