F-Body Europe

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fulda 23rd/24th
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:25 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Next weekend there is a Car&Bike Meeting in Fulda. It will be at the former US airfield in Sickels right by Fulda (I guess I could try to come up with a description on how to get there if anybody's interested). They'll have live music, burnout area, show presentation of the cars, ... (I don't have too much of a detail on the exact procedings, but ...)

Here's the poster they use for advertisement:
http://www.vatos-locos-germany.de/termin.htm

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:17 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I just pulled out a mail from one of the organizers, he said something about live band music & disco, as well as a strip show on Saturday evening (do I hear a "Oh, well, I guess I'll have to come then"? :)). And a strip for burn-outs ...

If a couple of you guys want to come, maybe we can meet before going to the airfield and roll in together ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:52 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Damn Man I have to look at my schedule . One of those days I am going auto crossing, So I have to see whats going down.
Strippers did peek ny interest though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:13 pm 
No Life

If by some miracle my car is fixed I am there. Like that will ever happen....

Post subject: Parts !
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 10:29 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

George,

If you happen to need used parts (control arm, steering knuckle, etc.) or even just 2 of those WS6 rims i have contacts in the USA that can hook you up ...
Let me know,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 10:56 pm 
No Life

Quote:
George,

If you happen to need used parts (control arm, steering knuckle, etc.) or even just 2 of those WS6 rims i have contacts in the USA that can hook you up ...
Let me know,

Thanks Sergio.... I might take you up on the suspension parts, but I am going for the 2000 vette rims...

Post subject: Sho you right !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:01 am 
 ICQ  Profile

Yup, those rims would have been my personal choice also :)
Keep us posted !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 5:24 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Hope the two f-bodies show up on sat/sun ... there's a red 3rd Firebird, and a blueisch-green Z28 driving around in Fulda ... both with Fulda plates ... I know where one seems to be parked quite often, maybe fix a little flyer and put it on his wipers if he doesn't show up ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:40 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

OK, so is anybody definitely coming? I'm currently trying to find out when the thing actually starts, I assume somewhere around noon, with it being a two day event and a lot going on at night ...

Anyway, here's a short description of how to get to the Sickels airfield ...

Presuming you come through A7 to Fulda, take the Fulda Nord exit. There's an Esso gas station right there (where we could also meet if a couple of people were coming at a certain time ...), so you can fill'er up coming or leaving ... (I think it's the only Esso around here, so ...) If you pay regular german prices, there's a Jet in town on the way to the airfield that's a couple pfennings cheaper ...

OK, once you turn off there, head towards town. The B27 is two lane there, when it splits, take the right lane into town. Stay on that road for quite a while (watch out for the two radar boxes...). You should end up going through a little tunnel, about 300m long. Still stay on that road, following signs to Lauterbach. You'll end up at a big intersection with an Opel car place ahead. Go straight up the hill, and still stay on that road. After another mile, you should see typical US housing/buildings on the right. That's the former US base in Fulda.
Stay on that road until you get to Haimbach. At a larger intersection, you should see a sign towards Sickels (turn left at the intersection). Once you did that, you should see the airfield to your left after a mile or two ... (BEFORE you get to Sickels!)

If you're headed there, and need directions, give me a call and I'll try to help you out ... 0171 6952153

Last edited by Garry on Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:17 am 

Gotta work all weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:51 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

Sorry, drunk weekend ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:57 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

FYI, I just gave one of the guys a call who organize the meeting in Fulda ... the expect arrivals to begin somewhere around 10AM, with the first official show/meeting procedings beginning around noon ... I guess I'll be heading there somewhere around 10:30 or so ...

Post subject: Quick report ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 10:40 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just came home from Fulda half an hour ago ... just a quick report, going to put pics up tomorrow evening ...

The whole thing started out pretty lame - hardly anybody showed up till maybe 2pm, and thanks to their pricing policy (visitors - 5,-, people with cars for the show: 20,- (though including free entrance to the evening music activities and stuff). As a result, most of the US cars that showed up stayed in the parking area instead of coming to the show area (which was over crouded with german rice - proud of having a 145dB stereo, but hardly the power to move the car from the spot). The only nice view were a PT and a couple Opel Low Riders. During the afternoon, they finally noticed that they had more nice cars in the lot than in the show, they asked the people if they'd pull their cars in, which they did of course (after a couple cars had already left again ...). At that point, we had a pretty decent row of US cars - in all, there were like 5 or 6 F-Bodies, plus a couple of others (older) cars ... see the pictures I'll be putting up tomorrow. I put out some flyers for FBE and talked to the F-Bods as well as the other drivers, so we should be getting some new users here soon (I hope).

They had a short segment on the stage with the Low Riders, which was kind of lame, as they hardly could do _anything_ with the cars on the stage (which was only maybe 10-20 ft wider than the cars ...). Luckily, the LR's had already showed off all afternoon ...

All in all, the day ended better than it started out, the F-Body guys were pretty interested both getting in touch with other FB-people, as well as maybe organizing the US car owners of the area here a bit ...

I'm going back down tomorrow, AFAIK there's supposed to be some prizes (don't know the categories ...), and also the two 'birds and the Camaro I was hoping to see didn't show up today ... maybe with the better weather forcast for tomorrow, and it being Sunday, might result in some more people ... and maybe I get to smoke another german ricer or two ... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 8:08 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

OK, here's the first couple of pictures from yesterday ...
http://uscco.insider.org/de/pictool.html?WHICH=fulda2001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 8:25 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Well, today's meeting was even worse than yesterday ... apart from the german rice, only some 10 US cars showed up, of them 4 Jeeps.
I believe the main problem of the whole thing was, that the group that organized the meeting, "Vatos Locos", hardly own any US cars or bikes, so they didn't have any base to build on. Also, they - as far as I heard - didn't contact any of the clubs of the area (V8 Family Fulda e.g.), and also only put out signs in the Fulda area. I seriously doubt they'll try again next year, and if they do, they'll probably not be a single driver there that came this year, nor will the visitors be coming ...

On the bright side, I got some addvertisement out on our web site, as well as contacting other US car drivers for the USCCO I'm trying to get started. Even caught one of the other F-Bodies in town after I left from the meeting and put a flyer on the windshield ...