F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:17 pm 

I actually spoke to Bruce last night. He is doing O.K. It is always hardest to deal with where he is during race season. He is also in a pretty bad spot too. I think with a little less gear in the Hawk, it will bust into the 10s also just on motor. I haven't made it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:47 pm 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

I'll reup the video to somewhere where you can grab it at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:54 pm 

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:28 am 

Well, after waiting almost a month for a $15 exhaust valve, I had to bolt the stock heads back on. I will be lucky to make the last Bitburg. I want to get the 10 second time but I just gave up about 30 hp just on the heads. I bet the valve shows up this week but I am now out of head gaskets. I can't wait to get back stateside so I can just pick up a part locally. I am still waiting on some essential parts for my nitrous kit or that will not be used either. What a long season of racing and waiting on parts. I can't wait until it is over and my car is on the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:47 am 
 WWW  Profile

NXZ28 wrote:
Well, after waiting almost a month for a $15 exhaust valve, I had to bolt the stock heads back on. I will be lucky to make the last Bitburg. I want to get the 10 second time but I just gave up about 30 hp just on the heads. I bet the valve shows up this week but I am now out of head gaskets. I can't wait to get back stateside so I can just pick up a part locally. I am still waiting on some essential parts for my nitrous kit or that will not be used either. What a long season of racing and waiting on parts. I can't wait until it is over and my car is on the boat.

Hey bro....I feel bad for your man. I too ran into problems the last time I was at Bitburg....tried to run some juice...forgot to activate the system, then the next pass the clutch cable streched during the burn-out and would not disengage.

I know the hoopty had some 10s there that day. As you know I ran a few passes over here, in street tire (18s DRs) with no juice in first and 2.0s 60fts with some 11.7s @ 127MPH. Im working on a new tranny swap right now to a TKO-500 that its being fully modded (cyrogentically process, Mikronite process, face plate and up grade to bronze shift fork pads the draw back on this is that it will compromise streetability since it would no longer be synchronized but it will shift like a bad out hell. ) and that will allow me to powershift the crap out of her along with leave on the juice.

The powershifting alone will be worth .5 seconds or more since I granny shift her like a 90 year old granny!!

I also gave up and got me some 28 inch tires as well since I was crossing the traps on the limiter (I was on the limiter 50-75 fts before the traps).

So we will see. I hope you to have a fun and safe weekend at Bitburg and get some!

Naz