F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: OSL event ... current status/decisions ...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:53 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Assuming and hoping we will have some profits after paying the bills, I've been talking to Bruce ... I thought we may want to put anything that's left over in a fund for the victims of NY/D.C. ... if there are no objections about that, I will also try to maybe get the field cheaper from the city, maybe they'll give us a rebate which in turn would go directly toward the fund ...

Maybe it's a stupid idea - how about offering quarter mile rides as an additional fund raiser? They would not be during the time trials, but ... !?

Hopefully, Tony will be coming up here tomorrow to take a look at the airfield and give his OK ... I really want to get the letter out to the city this week and get a preliminary OK from them so that we can really get the rest of the preparation underway ...

Anybody know any other car clubs, once we have the definitive OK, make sure you send out invitations ... I've already sent mail to two 'stang clubs (Hanau Ponies and another from that area I think), no response to date, though. I'm also preparing a flyer to put up, I'll do one each in german an english, once it's finished, I'll post the URL ... please print it out and put it up wherever you can ...

Oh, and on a side note, Glen stopped repairs on Trouble waiting for a "go" for the event ... :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Last edited by Garry on Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

He will get beat if he works on it. Last time he worked on it it stalled at the starting line and got towed back to the pits. Glenn last warning leave it alone or I will beat you. at fulda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:29 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

OK, here's a preliminary draft of the text on the flyer ... comments appreciated ... you may also complain about wrong spelling or anything else wrong ... :)

---

As a season finale, Tony's Workshop and F-Body Europe are inviting to our "Shootout" - a racing-day for any driver. From VW beetle to V8, anybody can come and prove driving skills and car performance in different events.

The shootout will take place at the Fulda Sickels Airfield on October 7th from 09:00. For further information on the event, the different disciplines, technical requirements and an early registration form, please go to:

http://osl.fbodyeurope.org

All profits from the event go to relief funds for the NY/D.C. victims.

For questions, contact us at info@fbodyeurope.org or via phone at 06621-917081.

---

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:42 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
OK, here's a preliminary draft of the text on the flyer ... comments appreciated ... you may also complain about wrong spelling or anything else wrong ... :)

---

As a season finale, Tony's Workshop and F-Body Europe invite you to our "Shootout" - a racing-day for any driver. From VW beetle to V8, anybody can come and prove driving skills and car performance in different events.

The shootout will take place at the Fulda Sickels Airfield on October 7th starting at 09:00. For further information on the event, the different disciplines, technical requirements and an early registration form, please go to:

http://osl.fbodyeurope.org

All profits from the event go to relief funds for the NY/D.C. victims.

For questions, contact us at info@fbodyeurope.org or via phone at 06621-917081.

---

:D Love ya Garry!! ;)

Last edited by JackZ28 on Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 6:02 pm 
No Life

Sounds good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:41 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

looks good to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:47 pm 

Looks good to me too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

I am trying to get a discount on trophies also no luck through AAFES any other sugestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:37 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
I am trying to get a discount on trophies also no luck through AAFES any other sugestions?

Check with Robin, I think he got a pretty good deal ... !?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:00 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just got the liability release form from Stef from the Porsche guys ... will need to translate it, this is going on the back of the signup sheets ...
Also, Tony is on the way up to take a look at the track ... guess by noon we should know if we have a Go ... that way, I hope to get the letter out to reserve the airfield ...

Last edited by Garry on Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:51 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

What are we doing with food & drinks? We could probably sell it ourselves, but might run the risk of either not having enough, or too much ... also, somebody will have to do the cooking ... I can probably get some local places to come up there with a trailer and sell stuff, of course we can't make any extra money then ... anyway, we wouldn't risk anything, and need not have people tied up fixing and selling the food ...

What do you think? This needs to be decided quickly ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:25 pm 
No Life

Ummm.. what about the spouses? It would be good to make some extra money, or we could tell whoever comes up there that we want a small slice of the proceeds to donate.....

I think one thing we should do with a small piece of the profits is get the stickers. The rest we send to the NY/DC fund... What you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 4:02 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Ummm.. what about the spouses? It would be good to make some extra money, or we could tell whoever comes up there that we want a small slice of the proceeds to donate.....

I guess that would be the least they could do ... after all, they won't be paying any rent/lease for being there ... the problem is that we have a hard time guessing what amount of people we will be having up there ... I can check with local stores and see if they would be interested ...

Quote:
I think one thing we should do with a small piece of the profits is get the stickers.

The stickers won't be too costly ... I've not had the time to check, maybe Tony can say what he paid for the OSL stickers ... they shouldn't be more than maybe 25-50 cents a piece ... maximum. Probably less. We should be able to finance that ourselves ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:08 am 
Site Admin

A one day event we could bring our own food. Most logical option raise the price of registration if you want to send more money to the victems. FWIW I pay between 150-300DM for drag race only events in europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:16 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just a quick note - I have to check into it, but I assume we will have access to the hangar at the airfield, to (or at least I'll try to get it ...) The hangar has toiletts, which would save us mobile ones, and also we could set stuff up there easier than going with tents or stuff ... I'll try to give the place from the city a call today and see what they say about the letter I faxed them yesterday ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:19 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
A one day event we could bring our own food. Most logical option raise the price of registration if you want to send more money to the victems. FWIW I pay between 150-300DM for drag race only events in europe.

With who we are targetting here, as OSL does in the States, we can't push prices too high ... we can put up a jar for extra donations, but the event IMHO does have a limit in the 50-60,- range ... I don't know yet what we want to charge spectators, but I'd say somewhere in the 3-5,- range (like, 3,- for 12-16 and 5,- for anybody older ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:54 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, anything above DM-100 is too much, and will not yield as many participants, especially when our sponsor is holding the event....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yes you are right but we are only charging 30 US dollars=60 marks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:40 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Ok, that is fair...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:08 pm 
No Life

You know for a new race, with us having no prior reputation for events it would be really hard to get participation charging high prices.

As far as charging spectators, I think charging them will not be a succesful thing, however donations for the NY/DC fund would be a good thing. Bitburg was free and an anual event, I would not have paid to watch Bitburg, Just my $.02