F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Just talked to Tony about the OSL racing for October ... first of all, he hurt his back trying to lift some weights for the tree, so he's definitely excused for not showing up again yesterday ... says he's doin' better again, though ... best wishes to him
count me in either day 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
I can only come on the 7th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I can only come on the 8th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
sorry, can't make it 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Fulda OSL Test&Tune
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 6:31 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just talked to Tony about the OSL racing for October ... first of all, he hurt his back trying to lift some weights for the tree, so he's definitely excused for not showing up again yesterday ... says he's doin' better again, though ... best wishes to him ...

OK now, as I said on the other thread, the Fulda airfield is for rent, and as they are having the BMW training up there now, they will have to allow the "same" thing for us ... (that is what we're doing, right? Driver training and Slalom :)). I'm going to try to get a call out tomorrow and find out what kind of regulations or stuff they'll have us under, what kind of stuff we need to do or must not. If all those infos come out OK, I'll check with Tony tomorrow if we have a go from his side ...

After all the enthusiasm we've had after Bitburg, things seem to have cooled down quite a bit ... proove me wrong ... we're talking quarter mile, AutoX and possibly some road course here ... plenty of room ... Date would be either Oct 6th or 7th (Sat or Sun), with preference probably being 7th, as 6th is first Sat of the month and lots of people working ... As you may have read before, cost for the field is DM 500,- for a day, and I hope there's nothing extra coming on that from the city ... so in order to keep costs down, we want to have at least 20 cars there, OK? I will be putting out some posters I guess in order to maybe get some locals to show up, too, which could keep our part of the bill smaller ... (say, 25,- for cars, 5,- for spectators ...) Anyway, I don't think it's worth doing if we don't have at least 10 cars from FBE driving! I'll be there for sure, guess we can have Glen there (makes for good advertisement - see and hear the 11sec super street car :)). So, who else is coming?

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:23 pm 
No Life

If nothing comes up I will be there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

I want Glenn to line up against the Hawk this year. He ran mid 12's at Hockenheim? I will pass him at the far end if he is not careful and he knows it. LOL count me in hell no it has not cooled off just the wheather has!!! I will give $100 bones to the first person who beats me 1/4 mile in FBE that includes you Glenn. Funds are limited to first person only. George I heard you are almost ready for a rematch??? I am not calling you out but if you want to play I am game. Disclaimer I am not trying to offend anyone but if you want to race sounds like we got the place!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:27 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I should have my clutch by the end of next week, so I'll prolly be there!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:31 pm 
No Life

Quote:
I want Glenn to line up against the Hawk this year. He ran mid 12's at Hockenheim? I will pass him at the far end if he is not careful and he knows it. LOL count me in hell no it has not cooled off just the wheather has!!! I will give $100 bones to the first person who beats me 1/4 mile in FBE that includes you Glenn. Funds are limited to first person only. George I heard you are almost ready for a rematch??? I am not calling you out but if you want to play I am game. Disclaimer I am not trying to offend anyone but if you want to race sounds like we got the place!!!

I unfortunately am pushing to much power for the street tires I have. I need to get a set of slicks.. I will race whoever whenever though.. It is all in fun.. I know my car is fast, but it is traction limited at this time. I guess we will just wait and see... It just sucks when you spin launching even at idle.. I will be more ready to tear up some cones though.. That is what I have the most fun at. It is addicting...... It is hard to steer the cones with no power steering or swaybars...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:38 pm 

Where is Fulda airfield anyways? Hopefully Scott and I won't be TDY that week to England. Scott, do you know when in Oct. that TDY is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:11 am 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

You know the 7th and 8th of october fall on a Sunday and Monday. What are you talking about Garry? Work on Saturday? Either way, we have Columbus day off (8th). The clutch should be broken in by then, maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:16 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

I will destroy you George!!! :D ;) :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:38 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
You know the 7th and 8th of october fall on a Sunday and Monday.

Oops - corrected ... 6th and 7th ...
Quote:
What are you talking about Garry? Work on Saturday?

I'm talking about Germans ... hey, we want some german rice to burn, right? :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:52 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Where is Fulda airfield anyways?

I'll be posting a plan and directions if we get this scheduled ... if you should know the old US post here, you just drive past it and turn left in the next dorf ... you see the tower from a distance ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:21 am 
Headin' for a divorce

I will be still on a Army sponsored vacation until the 20th . you guys have fun though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:33 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just got off the phone with the city ... after talking to the guy at the Ordnungsamt, he forwarded me the Straßenverkehrsbehörde, as they would be the ones to have any rules or regulations we might fall under ... the guy I got there doesn't think they have any, but told me to talk to another - who of course wasn't there, so I called again ... he says it's no public street, so they have no say-so about it ...

Looks to me like we can really get this set up ... who was going to get some cones? What about helmets - I doubt anybody except maybe Roy has any helmets suitable for AutoX flying around, or?
Roy, George, I don't know if I'll be going to Sembach this weekend, can you make sure you get a copy of their form they use to sign up people? We don't want to get sued if anyone gets a dent in his car ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:07 am 
Site Admin

I got a helmet. Be careful with slicks they have a way of finding the weak link. Drag radials would square you up. I will have the power steering belt this time on for the AUTO-X. I am sure you are making power and you are right it is addicting and fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:02 am 
 WWW  Profile

Count me in. I am going to blow your doors off Sweeny!:D
Now this is what I have been waiting for! Do you need a deposit or anything? How tough is the tech inspection? What all do they check for?

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:38 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Count me in. I am going to blow your doors off Sweeny!:D

You all better watch out for those ol' 2nd gens ... you will only see the rear lights of my 79 ... :)

Quote:
Do you need a deposit or anything? How tough is the tech inspection? What all do they check for?

We will try to keep costs for running as low as possible - the track/field costs DM 500,- for the day, we will probably have a couple extra things coming up (like mobile latrine or so ...), but I guess we should keep it in the DM25,- area ... Tech inspection - I have a set of infos from Tony from NHRA which I will be posting at http://osl.fbodyeurope.org once I copy them off, but if your car is street legal, it should pass for O:SL ... I hope Tony will comment on this, too ... cause we ain't going to have a garage or anything up there to do thorough inspections ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:39 am 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

That's another thing. Who's going to do the tech inspection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

I will! I know my car will pass then. If anyone is unsure of thier car, slip me a $20 on the sly and you will pas also! :D

Jeff

89 Dodge caravan turbo project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:58 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Quote:
That's another thing. Who's going to do the tech inspection?

Really don't need one unless insurance stipulates or you put in a disclaimer to say you are responsible for the upkeep and safety of your vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 1:21 pm 
No Life

Howie, I don't think we will be gone then... I don't think we leave until the middle of the month... Count me in though... where exactly is FULDA though???? Maybee some more racing will get my wife to buy more parts..... Thanks for the info in Hock. George... I'm going to go out and look at new rims tonight and will be ordering some of my suspension parts this check along with some more power mods. Later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 1:28 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Coming from the south, you will most likely take A66 from Hanau ... up to the end in Schlüchtern, then up B27 ... about an hour from Hanau ... from Schweinfurt, just take A7 north, about 45min from Schweinfurt/Würzburg ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next