F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dyno Days 2009
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 am 

The dyno day will be on the 8/9 of May, please let me know if you want to join and what day you prefer.
Tony G. needs to get $350 for the tune if we are bringing 12 cars, right now it looks like we're getting 17 cars so the price for each car will be lower.

The dyno run cost around €80 / hr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:02 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

8th is a Friday, is that correct? If so, I probably would prefer to get mine done on Saturday ... unless it's too full already ... just need to know for sure so that I could take a day leave ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Btw, I would make some more advertisement on the Corvette forum - how many more cars can Tony get done on those two days? I would imagine that 17 cars is already going to push it a bit ... depending on whether they are distributed more or less evenly between the days ... should calculate at least 1h for a car ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm 

I agree. 17 cars is already going to keep him busy for 2 days. (Especially considering some people might want a tune and dyno run)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm 
No Life

Chevroletfreak wrote:
chieftransam wrote:
I don't want to put down money and then him not have enough time to get to my car and me be screwed out of my money, or get a lousy "hurry up" tune.

This is a wonderful idea. However, chief has an EXTREMELY legitimate concern and that exact problem has happenED in the past. Do not overbook or it WILL happen again.

:pat:

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:25 pm 

Yeah I really think we have enough cars if not too many already, but what do I know. :?:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

chieftransam wrote:
Yeah I really think we have enough cars if not too many already, but what do I know. :?:

Well lets see
15 mins to tie down
30 mins to tune
15 mins untie
Yep that would get a down and dirty generic tune for a GM product. But what about the road test?
Yep you guys have more than enough cars for two days with one dyno unless the hours of opening will be extended. I hopr all goes well for all.

If I remember right it took almost 2 hours and 30 gallons of fuel to get my VE table dialed in
another hour to work my commanded fuel open loop table
3hours to get the Power enrichment table
2 hours to get the spark tables correct.
1 hour to get the cold start and hot idle decent

This was on a car with only a cam, intake, and headers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:04 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Oh and if your car is not hooked up with an WB02 that before the CATS and is compatible with the tuning software, then it is all for naught.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:24 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

The tie-down/untie procedure could be done while Tony does a road test on the car I guess ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 pm 

This sure will be interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 am 
Fast Newbie

Yeah one hour is definitley not enough time, I could'nt agree more. Only enough to maybe tweak the PE table and the timing. Everything else can be done on the street, and in my opinion, should be done on the street. The dyno can't fully replicate actual street driving. And if you dont have a wideband O2 or at least an extra bung welded in before your cat, then your tune isnt going to be accurate either. The tail pipe clipped on wideband is not the best way to go. It does take several hours to do a good tune, a lot of tuners will just rely on people lacking the knowledge to know any better, and just to a shady tune and charge too much.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 pm 
No Life

Well, I can tell you it took a previous tuner that came over here (from I believe the same company) over 2 hours of road tuning on a pre-tuned car to get to a point of tweaking (and needing them).

There is NO way anything other than a dyno run and a generic tune upload can be done in an hour.

Good luck all. This can be a really good idea when it gets worked out correctly. Hopefully, a tuner will get the logistics right. I will wait until someone can take the time and do it right though. Oh yeah, and wait for a new motor. LOL.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 pm 

Yeah, I might sit this one out. I just don't he's going to have enough time to get to everyone and do it correctly. I don't want a half a$$ tune.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 pm 
Cool Newbie

I would be interested in a tune plus dyno for my 1999 Z28... I could be there on May 8/9, no problem... but ONLY if there's enough time to do a proper tune.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 am 
Fast Newbie

I have HP Tuners and sometimes tune cars in my spare time, I'd be willing to tune anybody's car that needs it. Depending on what exactly needs done. I'm taking a lot of college classes so I don't really have enough time for a full blown tune. Im not trying to make a business of this, I would only want you to pay the one time license for your car then maybe a few bucks for my time and you would have to come to the Darmstadt or Wiesbaden area, I also go to France on occaision in Mullhouse. And I will be at Bitburg in May. A wideband o2 sensor is a must for any PE tuning, so unless you have one installed in your car I would'nt want to touch your PE table. Anyway, just putting that out there.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 am 
Headin' for a divorce

That is scary talk Schnell, I wouldn't want to touch the VE table without a working wideband to dial it in .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 pm 
No Life

schnellttz06 wrote:
I have HP Tuners and sometimes tune cars in my spare time, I'd be willing to tune anybody's car that needs it. Depending on what exactly needs done. I'm taking a lot of college classes so I don't really have enough time for a full blown tune. Im not trying to make a business of this, I would only want you to pay the one time license for your car then maybe a few bucks for my time and you would have to come to the Darmstadt or Wiesbaden area, I also go to France on occaision in Mullhouse. And I will be at Bitburg in May. A wideband o2 sensor is a must for any PE tuning, so unless you have one installed in your car I would'nt want to touch your PE table. Anyway, just putting that out there.

I would seriously be interested in some training/help. I have EFILive/LC1, but am too scared to use it. I have the new motor coming soon and it will definitely need a from scratch tune.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:17 pm 

Brian you gotta let me know when you get it! If you need any help, be sure to let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:26 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Chevroletfreak wrote:
I would seriously be interested in some training/help. I have EFILive/LC1, but am too scared to use it. I have the new motor coming soon and it will definitely need a from scratch tune.

Guess it might be a good idea to check on Holdencrazy.com if there is any custom tune on there that come close to what you'll have in and on your motor... then increase the fuel amount another 10% or so to make sure you're in a rich condition until you get the other stuff dialed in ...

And as Roy already said, make sure you get a WBO2 for tuning if you don't have one yet ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:24 am 
No Life

Yeah I have the LC1 WB02 and all.

I'm just scared at the chance of losing another motor. I cannot handle going through this again. Hell, my marriage probably can't handle going through this again. LOL.

Just kidding. My wife has somehow supported this horrible hobby. She is amazing!

Thanks for the insight Gary. I have already looked at all of the ones from Holden Crazy and they are all alittle shy of cubes/specs. I have been looking them all over and studing as much as I can......just scared, honestly.

Billy, the motor should have been done 1APR, but now it is looking like I won't get it until mid May :( I will let you know if I need some help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next