F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Dyno Days 2009
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:40 pm 

I organised the last two dyno days for mighty mustangs with tony gonyon from hp performance.

now while surfing other sites I had the idea to make this one bigger and open for anyone who needs a tune and likes fast cars!!! I was thinking dyno, food, drinks, music, get to meet people, maybe make a competition for the highest hp numbers for N/A, turbo, supercharged and nitrous, just for fun...

the dyno used will be at Schropp Fahrzeugtechnik in Schönaich near Stuttgart. those guys also do a lot of work on american cars and I'm sure we could do some on the spot installs or fixes (well hope not) if necessary.

so if you're interested post up and add the make/modell of the car, I'm trying to get a ballpark number of people interested to get things rolling

also opinions/ideas welcome!!

powered by http://www.schropp-tuning.de/

Post subject: Re: Dyno Days 2009
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

N/Angel wrote:
I organised the last two dyno days for mighty mustangs with tony gonyon from hp performance.

now while surfing other sites I had the idea to make this one bigger and open for anyone who needs a tune and likes fast cars!!! I was thinking dyno, food, drinks, music, get to meet people, maybe make a competition for the highest hp numbers for N/A, turbo, supercharged and nitrous, just for fun...

Making a "tune event" bigger will always be limited by the actual tuning ... so, no point in getting 100 people to show up, if you can only get 10 cars done in a a day ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm 

depends on how many days there are. plus there's always people that sign up and then cancel later.

I'm not shooting for 100 cars. but the last two years we barely had enough to make this happen so I figured we could make this a bit bigger so other people that need a tune get a chance and we have enough people for Tony to actually make some money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:32 pm 

How long will Tony be in for and when does he plan on "TUNING/DYNO"? If I knew that he could get to my car after I got my other mod on then it might be worth it. I know I have a few issues with my tune that need worked out but I don't want to put down money and then him not have enough time to get to my car and me be screwed out of my money, or get a lousy "hurry up" tune.

I'm curious and interested but not willing to commit until I have some facts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm 
No Life

chieftransam wrote:
I don't want to put down money and then him not have enough time to get to my car and me be screwed out of my money, or get a lousy "hurry up" tune.

This is a wonderful idea. However, chief has an EXTREMELY legitimate concern and that exact problem has happenED in the past. Do not overbook or it WILL happen again.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am 

Tony usually comes over for 2 weeks. the problem we faced before was that we could only have Hennis dyno for 2 days and we always depended on Bruce Henni on when we can start in the morning, strapping down cars, etc.

the idea this time is to do a dyno week. Tony will be around to tune cars a full week, using Schropp Fahrzeugtechnik the dyno will be available at all times during this week.

I want to do a 2 or 3 day event with 8 cars per day max, that should leave enough time for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour session per car or longer if needed as the event can be extended into the evening.

whoever can't make it in these 2-3 dyno days could come anytime during the week, of course we would need an appointment for Tony and Peter Schropp to know you're coming.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 am 

So what would be the cost for something like this? Would there be a deposit required?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:42 am 

haven't checked into costs or deposits yet. I will need to check with Peter on how much the dyno use will cost and Tony will need to know how many people there are. he usually lowers the price for the tuning if there's more cars coming.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:00 pm 
 YIM  Profile

In the past, I've been to this Twice, it was around 300 for the custom tune -with a minimum of 3 pulls. For 300 I got 2 tunes, on my X-Cal III and instruction on how to utilize my tuning software to tune myself.

On top of the 300 it was 80 Euro for the dyno, took just over an hour for the two tunes and the 4 pulls the first time I went over. The second time I had fuel issues so didn't get the numbers I wanted, nor another tune.

I watched and talked to quite a few of you that had issues with Ed, i even talked to Tony G about this at the Dyno day this past June and he wanted to know who did that to ChevyFreak and Silas, just to name a few....

Tony is a good guy and last time I we had two days and I believe around 19-22 cars taht were tuned and very happy with it. Bear in mind, he needs to know what you have, what you need, etc.. before he comes if you are going to get it done, ie.. I use EFILive and run .... Or I use HPTuners and have my own tune on there.

If you need equipment or tuning stuff, he will bring it if you let him know, but the cost will go up, He does good quality work though and I recommend him to the fullest, he will not leave you guys hanging like what happened last time, not to mention he brings his wife with him and this will be like the 3rd or 4th year in a row he's did this so he's not freaking about seeing certain places etc..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 pm 

I may do a pull for the hell of it, but only if it's reasonably priced. Otherwise, I may just go watch a few.

What type of dyno do they have?

1999 Formula Firehawk (stateside storage)
2007 Z4 M-Coupe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:17 pm 
Fast Newbie

I would like to get on the Dyno, not interested in the tune.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:49 pm 
 YIM  Profile

A10,

They have an All wheel drive Load bearing dyno.

Expect it to read a little lower than any in the states. First time I ever went on there I put down 370, I was told by Tony G that on his dyno it would have been around 395-405.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm 

Trevor,

this time we're going to use Schropps new dyno, I'll find out more info next Monday when I'm up there the next time