F-Body Europe

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dyno Days 2009
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:47 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Just go on the EFI Forum and post some specs, there's lots of incredibly helpful and knowledgeable folks around there ... I guess someone should be able to come up with a good starting point ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:10 pm 
Cool Newbie

Location: Rheinmuenster (Near Baden Baden) South of Karlsruhe
Hey Brian How did you loose your motor ? I lost mine to old tired Ringlands and too much timing ! I think !!!! . I have a spare engine in mine right now. And the new Turbo Motor should be all together in 2 weeks. Just in time to dyno it. Glad to here you have a tolerating wife too. They are hard to find !

:!: :!: My Main question is can anyone coming without a wideband O2 still get a tune ? It isnt possible is it, unless you install one. So all you people coming for a tune have a wideband ?

:!: :!: And my second question is Are they using EFI or HP Tuners
because i have mine set up as a Speed Density with Hp Tuners ?

:!: And last but not least Does the tuner lock the tune or can i fiddle with it after ???
:ok: :shock:

Diamond Pistons, Crane Springs, SLP Pushrods, 42lb Injectors, Racetronix Fuelpump, STS Turbo, Snow Performance Methanol Injection, HP Tuners SD Tune by me ! Innovate XD16 wideband ! Movit 6 piston Frontbrakes. 2nd Engine Number 7 piston blew ring lands !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:35 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Turbomike wrote:
:!: :!: My Main question is can anyone coming without a wideband O2 still get a tune ? It isnt possible is it, unless you install one. So all you people coming for a tune have a wideband ?

AFAIK, they have a WBO2 at the dyno, so it should be possible to tune without one on board ... (though I believe the closer the WB is to the motor, the more exact the readings are)
Quote:
:!: :!: And my second question is Are they using EFI or HP Tuners
because i have mine set up as a Speed Density with Hp Tuners ?

HPT from what Tony told me ... (I don't think he can even do mine - I have a custom OS from EFILive on mine ... need to ask him if he can just use my EFILive instead ...)
Quote:
:!: And last but not least Does the tuner lock the tune or can i fiddle with it after ???

Personally, I wouldn't want anybody locking my PCM ... if I pay for the tune, I want to possibility to adjust for future changes ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:43 pm 
Cool Newbie

Great ! Thanks for the quick answers ! :D

Diamond Pistons, Crane Springs, SLP Pushrods, 42lb Injectors, Racetronix Fuelpump, STS Turbo, Snow Performance Methanol Injection, HP Tuners SD Tune by me ! Innovate XD16 wideband ! Movit 6 piston Frontbrakes. 2nd Engine Number 7 piston blew ring lands !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 am 
No Life

Turbomike wrote:
Hey Brian How did you loose your motor ? I lost mine to old tired Ringlands and too much timing ! I think !!!! . I have a spare engine in mine right now. And the new Turbo Motor should be all together in 2 weeks. Just in time to dyno it. Glad to here you have a tolerating wife too. They are hard to find !

Mike, here is a link to when it happened. It gives the most info. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8118

On the short...TTP built 347 threw a rod after about 4k miles and 3 passes down the track.

Where did you get your spare from? SSickneSS has just been sitting waiting for the motor to be built and shipped. Who is doing your turbo motor?

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 am 
Cool Newbie

Hi Brian if your looking for parts i
Found Motor and Trannsmission as a pair from carpart.com (it was from a junk jard in Michigan) and got it shipped over as a crate with shopusa.com Motor and Tranny and all cabels, pcm and accessories(Air, Gen. pwr Steering) cost complete to my door for under 3000, euros. with 90 day garantie on the parts. Now i have a spare Motor and Tranny. The Turbo motor i am doing myself. I am doing all new internals. With strong rods and turbo pistons. Actually i am only waiting for the lifters, then i can put it together. I am a Master Mechanic and i work in a garage here in Germany.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 am 

Where is your garage?..lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:26 pm 
No Life

I was trying to get a used motor over here, but no one would ship one without a declaration of hazardous materials (fuel, oil) even if it was completly drained.

Oh well, my new one is almost done.

BTW, I have some caddy lifters if you are interested.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm 
Cool Newbie

Back on topic

:!: Is there room for just a dyno run ? No tuning !

Friend of mine with a 2000 Camaro (Which i converted from a V6 to V8) would like to know how much power he has now and would like to visit too in Stuttgart if he can fit in or are we full :?: :?:

btw ... my Garage is in 77855 Achern. And i dont do professional engine rebuilds, but almost everthing else. This is not a commercial ! LOL :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 am 
Fast Newbie

Sorry to get back of topic again...but, If anybody that is planning on attending this Dyno day has their own tuning software, I would be willing to help out with their tunes at the meer price of just getting to hang out with some fellow gear heads. I really hate to see people pay these guys to fly from the states and be over charged for some shoddy tunes. And then losing an engine as a result.

Side note, without the WB o2, you can only safely tune your fuel trims, and your idle trims, although the WB would make it easier.

Dont trust the one at the shop, who knows if its calibrated. And its possible to have a exhaust leak that will skew the readings, not to mention your cats.

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Dirk wrote:
Tony G. needs to get $350 for the tune if we are bringing 12 cars, right now it looks like we're getting 17 cars so the price for each car will be lower.

any definite prices yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Garry wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Tony G. needs to get $350 for the tune if we are bringing 12 cars, right now it looks like we're getting 17 cars so the price for each car will be lower.

any definite prices yet?

*Bump*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:24 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

guys, Dirk is in the states right now....I'll PM him on my site and see if I can get him over here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:16 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Garry wrote:
Dirk wrote:

any definite prices yet?

*Bump*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am 
Cool Newbie
 YIM  Profile

schnellttz06 wrote:
I have HP Tuners and sometimes tune cars in my spare time, I'd be willing to tune anybody's car that needs it. Depending on what exactly needs done. I'm taking a lot of college classes so I don't really have enough time for a full blown tune. Im not trying to make a business of this, I would only want you to pay the one time license for your car then maybe a few bucks for my time and you would have to come to the Darmstadt or Wiesbaden area, I also go to France on occaision in Mullhouse. And I will be at Bitburg in May. A wideband o2 sensor is a must for any PE tuning, so unless you have one installed in your car I would'nt want to touch your PE table. Anyway, just putting that out there.

I won't be there in Germany until July, but I also have HPTUNERS and a LM-1 wideband so I will be available to tune GM cars for a small fee. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:26 pm 

How much are we talking about here?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:54 am 
Cool Newbie
 YIM  Profile

it's 100 bucks to unlock the vin, I'm not out to make a bunch of money, but since I would be supplying my wideband as well, I'll just charge an additional 100 bucks. So 200 bucks for a tune and you need not supply anything but your car. I do the same thing around here in Omaha for GM cars. Honestly, street tuning is best for your car cause it's under load unlike most dynos. And I can do whatever you want with the tune down to rev limiters in certain gears, tq management not just on the engine, but the trans as well, if you are an auto, I can change the shift points. If you want more details, just check out the HPTUNERS website on what all can be done with HPTUNERS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 am 
Fast Newbie

Just dont finance someone's European vacation.

350$ for 17 cars.......whatever....

'03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 8 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, Alum Flywheel, Hurst Shifter, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Well, on the one hand you're paying for the experience ... if you have to choice between fiddling for days, weeks or months trying to get something right, or could have someone fix it for you for a couple extra bucks ... (also, not everybody has the equipment to do their own tunes)

Anyway, that's why I was asking further on up the thread ... after all it was supposed to be lower due to the number of cars, but to date there hasn't been any reliable answer ... plus, I bring my own software (&license), so that should be deducted, as he'd normally use up a license on the HPT (unless he has a stream license ...)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:49 pm 

Tony is coming over next Thursday on the 7th.
He didn't put up a paypal acct. yet, so that we can start collecting the down payment to really know how many cars are coming.

The Mightymustangs site with all the dyno day information is also down, but I hope it’ll be up running again soon.
I did put up a new “dyno day list post” on militarystangs in case mighty won’t be up and running.

We are thinking about adding Thursday afternoon to the dyno days, so we have more time for each car.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next