F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

OK, if we are going to this, I'd say we have to do it soon - no telling how long the weather will stay like it is ... I can call K-Town Thursday or so and check it out, anyway, what's you guys' idea of a date to do this? Waiting till November would be a b
Oct 14th 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Oct 21st 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
either day is fine 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
nope, other date 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Another OSL run ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 8:11 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

OK, if we are going to this, I'd say we have to do it soon - no telling how long the weather will stay like it is ... I can call K-Town Thursday or so and check it out, anyway, what's you guys' idea of a date to do this? Waiting till November would be a bit late - I'd suggest either this or next weekend ... then, once we set a date, we'd have to get everything ready we need, wait for Friday morning to come, check the weather forecast, and send one of the K-Town guys up to sign the contract and pay ... would be kinda stupid to order the track in advance, pay, and then have snow on the ground ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 9:18 pm 
No Life
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

I should have the silver hooptie running by the the 21st. If not, I will be glad to show up, for support, at any date. I had a blast on Sunday.

RT1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:12 pm 

Considering I had to work the last one and couldn't make it. I have 21 October off (at the moment), so I like this day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 5:55 am 
No Life
 ICQ  Profile

I agree with Rob. The 21st gives us fallen comrades a fare amount of time to get our hoopties running again. Hopefully piece of s%$# car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Do it on the 21st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Here is the deal!!! We have presented you with OSL. Now we would like to improve on that with bleachers, porta potties and organization of the event. If we do another event and do not apply lessons learned people will become disappointed in the program? I understand we all want to have fun and run the cars but as soon as it involves other groups we need to put our best foot foward This is FBE/OSL event. There are lasers, cables and trophies that need to be bought to work toward the goal of a professional well organized event.For next year. Yes we can set it up like last time in a couple hours. However if we announce it on Friday for Sunday event how many people will really show?
Do not get me wrong but we FBE could have a good thing here and I would hate to screw it up by rushing to the next event not prepared to execute it. Just got off the phone with Tony he would like to do one more event this year but we need your help like last time. For the set up how many people could/would attend? He also said he would be willing to donate to the WTC Washington victims again. Well you can have it if you want it FBE? Need the date set soon preferably a 2 day event. He also found some bleachers for spectators. It would be set up simular to the last one with Auto-X, Grudge and 1/8th mile.

Last edited by Hawk on Wed Oct 10, 2001 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 10:35 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

21st is alright, better than 14th.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 4:49 pm 

I can't run on the 21.
The weather-forecast for this weekend is good,
but I know,today is wednesday.It's not so easy!
Can we do it on the October 28?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:20 pm 

Yeah, would the 28th be at all possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:22 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Here is the deal!!! We have presented you with OSL. Now we would like to improve on that with bleachers, porta potties and organization of the event. If we do another event and do not apply lessons learned people will become disappointed in the program? I understand we all want to have fun and run the cars but as soon as it involves other groups we need to put our best foot foward This is FBE/OSL event. There are lasers, cables and trophies that need to be bought to work toward the goal of a professional well organized event.For next year. Yes we can set it up like last time in a couple hours. However if we announce it on Friday for Sunday event how many people will really show?
Do not get me wrong but we FBE could have a good thing here and I would hate to screw it up by rushing to the next event not prepared to execute it. Just got off the phone with Tony he would like to do one more event this year but we need your help like last time. For the set up how many people could/would attend? He also said he would be willing to donate to the WTC Washington victims again. Well you can have it if you want it FBE? Need the date set soon preferably a 2 day event. He also found some bleachers for spectators. It would be set up simular to the last one with Auto-X, Grudge and 1/8th mile.

However you wanna do it, I will suggest that we have to race with a flowchart. I found it a little bit strange to look against which guy I wanna race in the elemination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

I agree. It happened so fast I barely had time to fetch the car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:37 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Here is the deal!!! We have presented you with OSL. Now we would like to improve on that with bleachers, porta potties and organization of the event. If we do another event and do not apply lessons learned people will become disappointed in the program?

I think/thought we'd just do a "private" event without any special stuff like trophies and stuff ... just some plain racing for fun ... get the equipement set up for some slips (Tony, you getting a new ink ribbon?)

Quote:
However if we announce it on Friday for Sunday event how many people will really show?

If we get 10+ people from here, that would already cover the cost with $20 per person ...

As for the date, I'll try to find some time tomorrow to call K-Town about the track ...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

Yes it could but I live almost 400km away? It is a fair amount of work for only 10 participants. It would be just a matter of time before the cars started breaking on the track? just my .02 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Are you guys gonna do this? Tony needs to know and is willing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:49 pm 
No Life

Quote:

I am up for it, the honda club will be there also... I think we can get atleast 20.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:14 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Quote:
Quote:

I am up for it, the honda club will be there also... I think we can get atleast 20.......

Fine with me - I didn't get round to callin' the guy a K-Town, and it's after 2pm now, so he's gone ... have to call Monday and see if it's free for next weekend - George, or anybody from K-Town, if we do this, we will need somebody to go to the place in K-Town on Friday morning to sign for it and pay the money ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:49 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Btw, do we want this officially anounced through the OSL site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 12:31 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Another P.S. - what do we want to call it? How 'bout "Halloween Hayride" ? (I think "Havock" is already taken ...)

Post subject: I hope
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 9:30 am 
No Life

that it's like this next year with all of these events taking place. I want to show the hawk what an LT? series car can do. J/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

There will be more events next year we are just getting the bugs worked out this year. I want you to line up with me maybe you could catch me napping @the lights and put a hurt on me?