F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: LS1 cam profiles and dyno numbers.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:50 am 
Needs a Job

Do you see what some of these guys are putting out at the wheel w/ H/C setups? 346ci putting 442 to the wheel that's insane! Look at the lift some of those cams put out too....

http://www.ls1tech.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ulti ... 1;t=004013

Last edited by SRZ on Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

caught you!!! Do not let my mild mannered cam scare ya!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:24 am 
No Life

I'm with ya John. Just say I'm from Missouri and show me

I just think there is alot of internet bench racing going on.

The dyno is a poor yardstick. I can talk the guy into letting me run in 1st gear on the dyno also.

all these guys running bottom 11's and 10's on a cam should get a urinalysis test.

Dont take this wrong, I know the LS1 is one bad 'hombre, but come on. You have to keep it believable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:50 am 
Needs a Job

I know what you mean Rob. But I know it's possible w/ some of them for whatever reason. Bruce is an example if he isn't putting close to 400 @ the wheels I'd be surprised it's that strong. 2 people have rode in it and say the same thing.

Like I said before though it's insane but when you have a 422 putting numbers lower than a 346 I know something isn't right. So I know those numbers are inflated like Pam Anderson's t!t job. ha-ha!! :)

Oh and Bruce I'm not scared of ya. But you bring a knife to a gun fight is not my analogy. Don't bring a gun to a Nuke fight is mine! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Good come back I got all the squeaks,rattles and vibrations out. I must confess I launched it and I was up to 150 in 1/2 mile got that by pushing the trip reset buttom and shifting @ 6800 I ended up top side of 5th. But I am sure my speedo was not keeping up so it could be off a little.LOL
I am sure there are LT1 that could school me but I am driving the Hawk everyday @ least 400 miles per week. I PMCS it daily and the only thing is, I must let it Idle for 2 minutes when cold but it sounds cool when the computer is trying to get control of the chaotic idle which turns into a slight lope when warm and under computer control. John I did not see my cam specs in there and we know why? I also may have some mods not mentioned like maybe injectors' bigger valves higher CR and maybe some special stronger bolts which I now understand old ones used shims and are skinnier to set the RPM a little higher say 6900? My air dyno was flywheel Hapees that were closer to truth than you may want to beleive. I am impressed not because it is a LS1 but because it makes alot of dependable hapees all the time and because I drive it everyday.

Last edited by Hawk on Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:11 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

LS1s suck!! :-roll: If Bruce's setup is only 400 HP, I'd be really surprised... I'd be willing to put money on it being closer to at least 430-440... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

lets race and you better do it before I get slicks!!! Then I will be launching a 5000 and it will be over pretty quick. I think I found a dyno in weiden not in HP but KW with rpms whatever that means!!! 15 euro per pull let me know if you want me to research it and would you guys come?