It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:00 pm 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

no, that is really not nice of him...

well, you have my offer, does not matter to me
that he is a rude person - more of a challenge. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:29 am 
Needs a Job

Sorry about not showing up w/ the car Bill. The starter died last wk and the new one didn't arrive on time. Hopefully you were able to get a ride from FireChicken or Roy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:50 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Sorry you couldn't make it. I didn't get a chance to drive anyone's cars (probably cause I didn't ask) but had a great time driving my Golf and meeting some nice people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:30 am 
No Life

bill-01WS6,
I wanted to say thanks for taking the video of Roy and myself at Bitburg. It turned out really good. You should of asked about driving the car, it wouldn't of been a problem. Just wanted to say "thanks" for doing that(video) and good conversation at the track.

Firechicken

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:57 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Does anyone have a link to this video, or can someone post it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:20 am 
No Life
 WWW  Profile

My set-up is a Bilstein BTS kit. Finding out what the specs are is a bit like trying to find Osama Bin Laden's hideout. It comes with a complete set of Bilstein shocks "matched to the springs" which are progressive rate at the front end. I have a 32/21mm sway bar set-up and still got the BMR chrome-moly control arms and PHB to fit (lighter than the standard steel items). So far, it seems absolutely excellent although it's difficult to assess for your purposes as everyone has SFC's. I also won't kick it too hard as testing the car's limits is always constricted by (a) your expectations of what the car would do under the old set-up and (b) as it's self-installed, pushing it a little harder each day to check nothing breaks. By the way, fitting it is a complete b*tch, even with the car 2' off the ground. Every muscle I have aches and I have evolved into a creature that walks on it's shoulder blades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:25 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Firechicken: it was my pleasure to talk to you and take the video. Hope it wasn't too shaky since I was so cold. I'll keep my eye on any events coming up to meet you guys again.

LuS1fer: even though it was a pain I'm sure it feels good to have done it yourself. I'm hoping it won't be too cold for my install when I go back home over Christmas.

Last edited by Bill-01WS6 on Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:17 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Nice car Bill. It's too bad you're not going to bring it over here and experience the autobahn in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:16 am 
No Life

Bill-01ws6,
NICE RIDE!! The video turned out GOOD, there was a few spots where you could tell that you where alittle cold(shaking). Thanks again!!If you hear of any events coming please let me know, and I'll do the same if your interested.
I just ordered more HAWK HPS pads lastnight from LG Motorsports. Justin (who has helped me with all the G-2 parts on my car)at LG said that he'll give me a great deal on the adj lower a-arms and G-2 sway bars. Do you think that it'll make a big improvement in handling or is it a waste of money??
Thanks Again
Val

Last edited by Firechicken on Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:53 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the compliments on the car. I really wish it was here. Well, its almost time for snow anyway.

I know that the swaybars will make a big difference. I don't know if the G2 bars are any different than the 1LE bars other than powdercoating (both 32 front and 21 rear). 1LE stuff from gmpartsdirect.com are pretty cheap, but if you get a deal on the G2 stuff than definitely nothing wrong with that. The two main advantages from the Lower A-arm would be the stiffer bushings (if you still have stock now) which would give less deflection and the adjustability to get more camber in the front end. The stiffer bushings will be a little more harsh and more camber would cause more tire wear so it is up to you what exchanges you want to make on a street car for performance. Hope it helps a little. (disclaimer - this comes mostly from reading what other people have to say and playing on other cars, I haven't tried the parts myself :))
-Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:11 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

The great thing about the LG parts is that they've been extensively tested, and race proven, by Lou Gigliotti himself. When used together, their parts really shine. If you tell them your wants, they will tell you what you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:15 pm 
No Life

Jackz28 & Bill-ws6,
I've got all the G-2 stuff(except sway bars & lower a-arms) and it WORKS!! That's the main reason why I'm sticking with the G-2 line up and it's costly! I'm not saying everything else isn't as good, I just prefer the G-2 set up. I was on the LG site yesterday, if I'm right aren't the sway bars 32.5 & 21.5mm? Have you heard anything on the rod ends on the lower a-arms? I'm still not 100% sure about them yet, I haven't really heard much. Have a good one and don't work to hard
Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:14 pm 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, they are 32.5 and 21.5, but I've heard some people say that the .5 is added for the powdercoating. They could also use a thicker tubing so they might be stiffer than the 1LE. I just checked the LG website. I didn't realize the A-arms were rod-end. That will give you a lot quicker reaction to inputs and no deflection but it will be more harsh. I would probably get them myself, but I am building my car to run in the ESP class in SCCA autocrosses next year. I've heard only good things about the LG parts so I'm sure the quality is good. Maybe someone on LS1.com or LS1tech can tell you some first hand experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:57 am 
No Life

Bill-ws601,
I asked LG about their bars and they said that they are different than 1LE, but he didn't tell me exactly what was different. Do you know what class I'd have to run in back stateside for SCCA events? I have no internal engine mods but the suspension is a different story.
Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:30 am 
Cool Newbie
 WWW  Profile

You may be able to run in ESP as long as you don't have sub-frame connectors and replace your aftermarket LCA with stock or 1LE. The lower A-arms you are looking at and/or sub-frame connectors will bump you up. Two point sub-frames will move you to SM and triangulated will move you to CP. Some things that are allowed are springs, shocks, any non-metallic bushing, swaybars, torue arm, panhard bar. Here is a link to the rules to figure out for sure: http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/sp.html. Hope this helps. How much longer do you have before you go back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:05 am 
No Life

Thanks for the site! I'll check it out! I'm here till NOV 2004, still have plenty of time to enjoy Germany!