F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Val, Big Brake kit questions......
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:41 am 
Needs a Job

I tried sending you a PM but it's out at the moment. I had a question for you since you went to the stoptech kit. Based on your observations of the kit, do you know if LG wheels will fit w/ that large diameter rotor and caliper?

I don't know off the top of my head but it looks like it won't fit and if that's the case I'll definetly will be dumping my LG's in the near future to offset the costs of upgrading to that kit. I still have my ZR1's so they'll just have to suffice for now. :) Thanks for any info you can provide.

I also heard they have a represenative here? Is that true? I guess it would be cheaper to buy from the vendor in the states though given the euro rate right now. Thanks again,

Silas,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:59 am 
Needs a Job
 YIM  Profile

Yes Val...Answers please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:34 pm 
No Life

Silas,
you've got a PM

If your looking for great stopping power but can't afford the Movit I would recommend the StopTechs. I went through the guys in the states so I would not have to hassle with all the BS of eruro rate and the other crap. Yes I have to run a "hubcentric wheel spacer" with these brakes just like you would if you went with the Movits. If you have 17 or 18in wheels you shouldn't have any problems with fitment except for the offset (i.e. wheel spacer). As far as stopping power I'm running the same pads as Roy and now I truly understand what he was talking about....the stock calipers let alone front set up (stock) can't hold a candle to what I'm running now. That is my own opinion. I got mine ordered and shipped to my CMR for under $1900. I don't claim that they will out perform or are better than Movits, but I couldn't afford that kinda $$$$$$ I looked at Baer & many others but for the price it was the closest I could get to them. I've never riden in Roy's car so I can't comment on the Movits in comparison to mine. I will tell you that a the H-Ring I could go into the corners twice as deep and not worry about my brakes but instead the bonehead behind me. I hope that answers most of your questions, oh install is WAY TO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Val

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:30 pm 
Needs a Job

Well so much for that option. :( Either the euro needs to drop or I'll just be running what I've been running for the last 7 yrs.

Thanks for your email and your interest in StopTech Big Brake Upgrades. Unfortunately, our Big Brake Upgrade for the Camaro is only for 1998-02 models. There is a caliper change from 1997-98 that significantly changes the amount of front brake torque. As a result, our BBK would likely decrease braking performance on your car and would therefore not be a desirable modification. I apologize that we weren't able to satisfy your needs, and we hope to be able to better serve you in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:17 am 
Headin' for a divorce

Silas
Just change to LS1 steering knuckle.

Or throw some decent pads in that kit . Some PFC 01 should do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:05 am 
No Life

There is more than one way to skin a cat!!! If I'm correct you could just change the spindle and would be all set. Then you'd be able to do the BBK.

[img]http://www.fbodyeurope.org/gallery/110_Image098.jpg[/img

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:48 pm 
Needs a Job

I guess you are both right. I've already removed the spindle to upgrade the Baer kit so technically it should work. Well I've still have a few months before it's determined where we are going next. If we stay I'm upgrading but if we leave I keep what I have. It's more than enough for stateside purposes.

Thanks guys. Glad to see you back Roy. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:52 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

You can get the kit for $1500 if you tell them you are military.