F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Thanks for the invite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:32 pm 
Fast Newbie

I am currently in the NCOA on Kapaun and I came out the other day and found a flyer on my windshield. Thought I would check out the site. Thanks for the invitation, who ever put it there.

My car is a 94 Z28 6-speed, Convertible, White w/ black top. Pretty much a stock car. I don't drive it very hard, but it is still fun to open it up. Only 53K miles.
Recently I had major problems, which required purchasing several tools, a new "enhanced" computer, 160 thermostat, and a new Opti-spark unit. After much troubleshooting and waiting for tools and parts to arive in the mail, it is up and running as strong as ever. Could have used this forum 5 months ago. I do visit z28.com quite abit, but that doesn't help to find people here in Germany.
I don't have a lot of plans for upgrades, unless something goes bad, or just really needs replaced.

As for getting together for drives, it pry isn't going to happen often, as I am a Harley rider as well. Motorcycles are still my first love.... Sorry, but it is the truth.

If I can help someone t-shoot their car or give some local advice, let me know.

Hope to find some interesting info on this board.

tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:04 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Welcome to the board! Hope to see you around some time soon!

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:02 am 
Headin' for a divorce

welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:35 am 
Needs a Job

Hello Tom, welcome! That would be me that tagged your car. I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happens. My wife is in the Academy right now that'd be funny if you 2 are in the same class. Teresa Silas don't know her flight number though... :oops:

I can understand you Hog position maybe you know Woschlager? Services guy who rides a Hog as well. Works at the Lindberg Hof facility. If you don't.......check him out.

Again welcome and when ever you are not riding the Hog come hang w/ us sometime.

Silas,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:22 am 
No Life
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:07 am 
Needs a Job
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Welcome to FBE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:14 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Welcome! :)

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm 
Fast Newbie

SRZ

Sorry I didn't respond, I never got any messages saying anyone posted to me. and quite frankly, I forgot I introduced myself.

Thanks again for the invite. I do check this board every few days. And maybe one day if the barometric preasure is just right, I might even show up to a gathering...hehehe

thanks again to everyone for the welcome. I have even told a couple of other people about the site.

tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:38 pm 
Needs a Job

Maybe you can join us next month for Race Wars or Bitburg perhaps. Hope we meet someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:49 pm 

Well Holy "He said POOP"! Small world isn't it biker freind!

Mav

'95 Impala SS "Motor being rebuilt(again) as we speak. Going Stout NA 383 for the juice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:35 am 
Fast Newbie

no doubt, it is a small world. one of these days, I will have to come down to your shop and see your scooter up close. When are you suppose to get your new pipes?

tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:03 am 

Sure will. I ordered all the goods, and it should all be here in two weeks or less.

Pipes are from AR Harley and Son's in England. To damn expensive but you only live once. Dorhtey Power Pacc inake. Revtech DFO and some minor Look pretty mods as well. Can't wait to start wrenching. I'm on Convolesent leave now for knee surgery, but we should hook up soon. You planning on going to the mini-rally down at spang this weekend?

Mav

'95 Impala SS "Motor being rebuilt(again) as we speak. Going Stout NA 383 for the juice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:58 pm 
Fast Newbie

I tried to PM, it didn't seem to go through, or it went twice.
here's the message.

I have the TFI on my bike. The DFO is exactly the same. I went with the wiring harness so I wouldn't have to tap into any wires. I am glad I did, but it did add a half hour or so to the install. Remind me to tell you how great the "extended warentee" is one day. Short version is: it isn't worth Squat in Germany.

I hope your going to install it yourself. If you need a hand, let me know, it's not like I don't live 5 minutes away from you. I have tools if your missing anything.

I get to learn how to instal the Kuyrakyn "hypercharger". and some kind of pipes to one of my troop's bike. I try to tell him about performance, but he is more concerned about looks. Oh well, it isn't me spending the money.

I don't think I will be headed up to Spang this weekend. I have a Sunday engagement, I have to take my preacher's Roadglide back to him. I have stored it for him for a couple of weeks while he was out of town. If I didn't get it back to him, I think I might be sent to hell or something. I think there is rules about keeping the preacher away from his motorcycle any longer then necessary. and I don't really want to ride up to Spang and not spend the night.

tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:52 pm 

Hmmm, wonder why my PM isn't working. Oh well.

I got the harness ordered as well. I didn't want HD to know I got the DFO just yet. Did you have them flash to stage I first or not? Extended warantee huh? Please fill me in. Do you meen the bike or the TFI? If it's the bike, I'll be back in the states before I dip into that.

Yeah, all install will be done by me. I do hope I have all the tools. If not, guess who will be buying them. Got me a OEM service manual on order as well. Plan on doing most of everything myself from now on.

On the "Hypercharger" I heard they are good, but personally I think they are ugly. :wink: I'ts the pipes that more or less make the power once you open up the intake. What kink of pipes is he going with?

I understand about this weekend. Wish we had a croud that was interested, but not one person got back with me about going. I might just cruise up on Sat and cruise back. Who knows. Found out my pipes are done early, and should be here mid next week. Hope there nice. Yep, you can't keep the preachers bike from him. Definatly sacralidge! Take care,

Mav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:28 am 
Cool Newbie

Welcome!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:09 am 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  Profile

Here's a belated welcome! ;)