F-Body Europe

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Newbie heading to Ramstein!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:09 pm 
No Life

I will be going to Ramstein in APR06. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. It is nice to find an f-body board though....Thanks Fierotom!

Here is some info about my car.

- Red 93 Z28 M6- 13.66 @105
Silver 17X10.5 Z06's w/ Yoko ES100's, BMR K-member and upper & lower A-arms, Hal 12 ways all the way around w/Hal drag springs up front, Rhino clutch (sucks), !cat, Flowmaster, FIPK w/ S&B filter, LS1 brakes and 3" DS, BMR STB, LCA's & SFC's, ADS stage 2 superchip, 160 stat, Man. fans, Harlan shift LT, !TB, !Heat extractors, !Radio thanks to some punk!

I have a bunch of questions, but here are a couple if anyone can help.

1. I currently have a Flowmaster cat back. Will I be able to get through the inspection as soon as it gets there?

2. What should I do to ensure my car passes?

3. I heard that if there are any repairs to be made, they have to be done in 5 days. What happens if I have to order something? It will obviously take more then 5 days.

4. Does anyone own/recomend buying a house near Ramstein?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:14 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Welcome to FBE! Glad to see more F-Bodies coming our way :) Guess you should have your car here by the time the racing season starts :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."
"Speed doesn't kill - suddenly becoming stationary on the other hand ..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:21 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Welcome
Inspection is a funny thing. You may or may not pass. You can reduce your chances of failing by addressing any problems you may have with the car right now .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:31 pm 
No Life

Unfortunately, I am not positive the car will be going with me yet. We just bought a new Suburban that we cannot afford to sell here. It HAS to go and we will have to pay for the Z's trip. I have owned it for 5 years now and cannot picture me without it.

Which is mor popular there? auto-x / drag

Thanks for the welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:42 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Dragracing is picking up in Germany ... though, mostly more for the partying than for the actual racing ... at Bitburg, we've been doing both in parallel, thanks to folks who run set up and run the AutoX event while the rest of the 1on1 crew does the Quartermile timing ... so, if you're into either, we have something for you :)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:51 pm 
No Life

Thanks Gary. I am setup wrong for both so I have only run the quarter a few times. I would love to autoX except the Hals will kill me.

Black 01 6spd SS # 5971 - AFR, FAST, Nick Williams, SLP, Kooks, Borla, Kirban, Spec, Moser, BMR, Spohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:00 pm 
Headin' for a divorce

Don't worry we could set up the course for hobbled Fbodies but then you would getting smoked by Opels .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:23 pm 
No Life

Quote:
but then you would getting smoked by Opels

That hurts just thinking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:29 pm 
Needs a Job

Welcome and bring the 93! I'm the only other 93 over here aside from Johnny who just left. You'll pass inspection trust me. If you fail you've got 30 days to fix it. Believe me you'll pass. I shipped mine here w/ no cats and full exhaust and they only harassed me because they were jealous and said it was too loud. They don't have anything to touch you with even if it's in writting as they don't have the machine to measure the db levels.

Couple of us here are beyond loud and pass w/ flying colors. And I know the folks over there that do the inspection. :D

You'll regret if you don't and did I say welcome? Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:36 am 
Cool Newbie

Tips to pass inspection:
-Dont have your car slammed, and if you do, make sure you can fit some good thick tires on to help you boost your cars height. The rails on the test bays are high, whether you go to Kapone or Ramstein.

-Depending on who does your inspection, you may or may not fail due to exhaust noise. My 200sx failed badly one time (guy didnt even want to finish the test, he was disgusted at how loud my car is), and the next time I went back I hadnt changed a thing and it passed.

-Tires: If all 4 tires are not the same, you may not pass. Some people get anal, some people dont. Heck, last time they didnt even check my tread depth, but the time before that they went all out.

-Exhaust leaks. If they can hear the gurgle, then you'll fail.

-CV/steering boots

-I failed one time for a ball joint leaking

-Excessive oil. If you have it anyhere, get an undercarriage spray. I failed cause my oil feed line on my T25 was fully sealed, so it would leak a bit on my turbine.

-Windshield cracks

-Windshield washer fluid. Seriously, I failed once due to that...

Those just some, the others are pretty self explainatory, like headlights, turn signals, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:44 am 
Needs a Job
 ICQ  Profile

Welcome to FBE! :)

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:26 pm 
No Life

Thanks flohtingPoint. What happens if it does not pass? How long do I have to fix it? Does it get impounded or anything?

Thanks for the welcom Ben. I am ready to get over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:08 pm 
Needs a Job

You got 30 days or they impound it until you get the necessary parts to fix. He's right about a lot of the stuff but at the same time it's attitude as well believe it or not.

If they see that your care is taken care of they don't get on you as much. Slammed........just depends on the car. I'm lowered and if I want to pass I got to Ramstein and raise it up before doing so. Leaks......I've got those too but they're so small they can't mess w/ it. I wipe the undercarriage down before inspection anyways....hell I do that after every drive! LOL!

You've got nothing to fear man just bring your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 am 

Welcome to FBE. I agree with SRZ on alot of your issues. Bring the car over here. It will pass inspection and if it does fail, you will get 30 additional days to repair it. If you have to order a part through AAFES, the inspection will usually get extended for the amount of days the parts takes to come in and be installed. No impounding of your car. Bring the car. Can you say Autobahn.... I don't think the Suburban will do over 150mph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:49 am 
No Life

OK. Car will be heading that way. $1500 later though. :(

Thanks for the responses.

The Suburban is restricted to 100MPH.....already checked :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:03 pm 
Needs a Job

Glad to you hear you decided to bring it! You won't regret it. Like NX said order it through AAFES if you need the part but in reality order direct from whomever as WE all know AAFES is a load of crap. LOL You'll get the time since AAFES takes forever but you'll have the part in less than 2 wks from some other source which gives you time to fix it and do whatever else you want to do before taking it back to inspection. That's what I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:24 pm 
Poster in Chief
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Looking forward to getting a new addition to the FBE carpark ... ;) Hope to see you around in May or so ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:36 pm 

Glad to hear that you are bring the Z over. You will be smiling everytime you get it on the Autobahn.